Compatability with Opera

PKFFW

Established member
Hi T2W team,

I use the Opera web browser and I've noticed that some of the icons don't appear correctly. Nothing major, just things like those little green boxes to indicate member, senior member, etc and sometimes some other buttons or icons as well.

Just wondering if the site is designed to be fully compatible with Opera?

Cheers,
PKFFW

Opera 9.10 working fine here, although I have noticed the problem you speak of, it is as you say an occaisional fault and I think it is a rendering issue with Opera. They might be pretty, they might be customisable, they might be feature packed, but they still haven't got their heads around the idea that first and foremost....it's a browser......get the browsing right!! :)

To be quite honest I haven't tested the site in Opera, so there might be some issues I'm not aware of. The good news is that we're redesigning the existing site and the new one will be compatible with all major browsers. More news to follow shortly...

Thanks for the replies. Like roguetrader said, it is more likely an Opera rendering thing.

Cheers,
PKFFW

Yup they can bang on all they like about customisation and lots of features, but when it comes to straightforward browsing IE works just fine, as long as you know it's weaknesses it's simple enough to compensate, and I say that as an Opera and FF user.

Another quick question.....

I recently had to reformat the old HD and reinstall everything. I've installed flash player and also Java but still the links at the top to "discussion", "knowledge lab" etc etc don't work properly. I can click on them but the drop down boxes never show up which used to happen in Opera when I moved the mouse over them. So I can't go to "articles" within the knowledge lab unless I first click on knowledge lab and go there first and then access the articles from there if that makes any sense.

Everything works fine in IE though so I think I'm missing some sort of thing to make those boxes work in Opera.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
PKFFW

^^^

Not to worry, problem finally tracked down and fixed.

Cheers,
PKFFW