T2W compatability with Opera web browser?

PKFFW

Established member
Hi,

I use the Opera web browser and I have found that it seems to not be completely compatable with the T2W site.

Mostly it is all good, however when I reply to posts or send PM's I get an extremely narrow box to type in. Norrow enough that only about 4 or 5 words can fit on each line. Now it doesn't actually cause any problem. For example I can read the forums fine and all. It just makes typing replies rather difficult.

Does anyone else using Opera get this problem?

So I was wondering if compatability with the Opera web browser has been taken into consideration with the design of the site? If so, it is most likely just my computer and not the site. If not, then my one and only suggestion for how T2W could be improved would be to make it fully compatable with Opera. Otherwise it's two thumbs up for T2W!!

Cheers,
PKFFW

Does anyone else using Opera get this problem?
Yes I use Opera 9 and experience the same issue, was also there with 8.5. As you say not a major issue, but possibly annoying. So not your PC

I've never had that problem with Opera. I'm using O8.54 at the moment.

Thanks roguetrader, glad to know it's not just my computer.

I'm using the latest version of Opera(not sure of the number) and I must say I only noticed the problem recently. That makes me think perhaps it has something to do with the updated version since blackcab is not experiencing any problems.

Hopefully time and another update to Opera will rectify the issue.

I am pretty sure I had the same problem with 8.54 but wouldn't like to swear to it, if blackcab is not then I may be mistaken. Current version is 9.02

PKFFW said:
Mostly it is all good, however when I reply to posts or send PM's I get an extremely narrow box to type in. Norrow enough that only about 4 or 5 words can fit on each line. Now it doesn't actually cause any problem. For example I can read the forums fine and all. It just makes typing replies rather difficult.

Cheers,
PKFFW

Ive also been getting this narrow reply box with internet explorer so dont feel too hard done by you opera loving bunch :LOL:

don

don_h said:
Ive also been getting this narrow reply box with internet explorer so dont feel too hard done by you opera loving bunch :LOL:

don
That's interesting don, everything works fine for me on IE. The problem only occurs when I use Opera.

Cheers,
PKFFW
P.S: I used IE to post the reply to make double sure that IE is working and it is A-OK

PKFFW said:
That's interesting don, everything works fine for me on IE. The problem only occurs when I use Opera.

Cheers,
PKFFW
P.S: I used IE to post the reply to make double sure that IE is working and it is A-OK

Hi PK
Happened to me again yesterday, fixed it by going to the bottom of the page and clicking the Quick Style Chooser and selecting standard forum style, alls ok again.
maybe worth a check whilst using opera which style the forum is defaulting to.

They have been having trouble and woe with strange things going on like this for a while now, white screens, squished boxes etc a few gremlins still remain methinks :LOL:

cheers

don

don_h said:
Hi PK
Happened to me again yesterday, fixed it by going to the bottom of the page and clicking the Quick Style Chooser and selecting standard forum style, alls ok again.
maybe worth a check whilst using opera which style the forum is defaulting to.

They have been having trouble and woe with strange things going on like this for a while now, white screens, squished boxes etc a few gremlins still remain methinks :LOL:

cheers

don
Hey now we're talking!!!! I had it set to "Improved readability style" because I was getting that white box problem you mentioned. Have now set it back to "Standard Forum Style" and it's once again all ok.

Many thanks don.

Cheers,
PKFFW

Yup thanx for that Don, have to confirm the 'Improved Readability' style screws up IE as well