Toby Crabel Book

cad1610au

HI,

I am searching the Internet for the Toby Crabel Book, Day Trading With Short Term Price Patterns and Opening Range Breakout and looking at the previous threads it has been discussed here.

The main suggestions were to download and install Opera browser, then in the discussion there were a few comments and opinions about how to get a copy, but there was no web address or ftp site given.

If anyone can help me on this, I really thanks to anyone who knows the missing details.

Thanks,

Carlos
=

cad1610au said:
HI,

I am searching the Internet for the Toby Crabel Book, Day Trading With Short Term Price Patterns and Opening Range Breakout and looking at the previous threads it has been discussed here.

The main suggestions were to download and install Opera browser, then in the discussion there were a few comments and opinions about how to get a copy, but there was no web address or ftp site given.

If anyone can help me on this, I really thanks to anyone who knows the missing details.

Thanks,

Carlos
=

i have been trying to download this book for months now but with no success, here is toby`s website www.crabel.com
if anyone could email a copy of the book i would be very grateful

badtrader said:
I dont think anyone who have read his book actually trade his methods.

by reading the book , maybe you can pick up ideas from one of the best short term futures traders in the world

Thanks for the comments and crabel website. The main reason behind my request is that the books may have some interesting information that could be adapted to trading strategies, not trading his strategy, but it may help in developing trading strategies.

This book, as I said in my previous message, was discussed on the 23-8-04 and 21-3-05. It seems some people could find a website and ftp site too, where it is possible to download it. This information is missing in those messages now.

Any help on those missing links, will be great. Thanks.

A shower of gold lingots...

Hi guys,

Has anybody thought about looking in Amazon.com?
Now, it must be a hell of a good book, hey! Just look at the price tag: between $557.95 and $1,200.00; I’d like to write books, too!
Come on, guys, be serious – which text could be worth that amount? I would expect to be showered in gold just by switching my computer on!
There is already a lot on price patterns – take Michael Harris, I got his software for $900+, and gives me tones of patterns to trade, according to my own criteria in terms of stop losses and profit targets; and yes, they are profitable, although they occasionally fail, of course.
As for break-outs, read the Turtles system, which is free, I think; the “40-days” break-out strategy still works, I think.
But paying that amount for a book…Sorry, I haven’t got a safe to keep it in; Have you?

Eduardo. :)

Just thought I'd add for any UK-based traders that you can get a copy of 'Day Trading w/ Short Term Price Patterns and ORBs' from the British Library. Can take a while though! I believe it is the only copy in a public library in the UK. I spent GBP10 on photocopying and voila... my own copy...of sorts!! Well, at least I don't need a safe to keep it in! Don't think I'd actually trade any of his methods now but he has some interesting ideas...worth reading. If you're interested in Vol. breakouts, Linda Bradford Raschke has written some thought-provoking stuff which you can get much easier just by Googling it!
Hope this helps someone

Finn

Just thought I'd add for any UK-based traders that you can get a copy of 'Day Trading w/ Short Term Price Patterns and ORBs' from the British Library. Can take a while though! I believe it is the only copy in a public library in the UK. I spent GBP10 on photocopying and voila... my own copy...of sorts!! Well, at least I don't need a safe to keep it in! Don't think I'd actually trade any of his methods now but he has some interesting ideas...worth reading. If you're interested in Vol. breakouts, Linda Bradford Raschke has written some thought-provoking stuff which you can get much easier just by Googling it!
Hope this helps someone

Finn
Finn, come on! What planet do you come from, mate? You do not write something like that in a forum; Finn, don't you know that these things are under copyright?(n)
Man, if the publisher so much as get a whiff of this, he'll sue your **** for what it's worth and a bit more!
Of course that people take photocopies of books, but they will keep silent about it - just read the copyright and you'll see why!:eek:fftopic:
Be careful, man! You've just opened yourself to legal liability!:oops:

Eduardo.

Come on, guys, be serious – which text could be worth that amount? I would expect to be showered in gold just by switching my computer on!
There is already a lot on price patterns – take Michael Harris, I got his software for $900+, and gives me tones of patterns to trade, according to my own criteria in terms of stop losses and profit targets; and yes, they are profitable, although they occasionally fail, of course.

Eduardo. :)

I agree with you. I heard some authors purchase their own books on discount and then hype them in forums. They are the ones behind the sellers of the used copy. It's a lucrative business. I'm talking about books of all kinds and I'm not saying this is necessarily the case with this particular book. I haven't read it and it may be a good book but paying $500 for it sounds way too much.

Eduardo, can you give me the link to Michael Harris' software? It doesn't come up when I google it like that. I visited a prop firm a few months ago and I remember some traders mentioned Michael Harris and his software but I forgot the name.

Albert

I agree with you. I heard some authors purchase their own books on discount and then hype them in forums. They are the ones behind the sellers of the used copy. It's a lucrative business. I'm talking about books of all kinds and I'm not saying this is necessarily the case with this particular book. I haven't read it and it may be a good book but paying $500 for it sounds way too much.

Eduardo, can you give me the link to Michael Harris' software? It doesn't come up when I google it like that. I visited a prop firm a few months ago and I remember some traders mentioned Michael Harris and his software but I forgot the name.

Albert
Sure, here it is:

Discover trading systems automatically with APS Automatic Pattern Search trading software

You'll be able to read some of M.Harris articles, too.
Good luck.

Eduardo:cheers:

Crabel's global capital management company currently manages over $7.0 Bn in assets.
Not too sure he's all that bothered about running around Waterstones then trying to flog his own books on ebay

Crabel's global capital management company currently manages over $7.0 Bn in assets.
Not too sure he's all that bothered about running around Waterstones then trying to flog his own books on ebay

Crabel Capital Management, LLC: A Global Alternative Investment Firm

It would be interesting to know his track record which does not appear in the website.

By the way, if I trade 5 T-Bonds on margin today and I put down as much as 15K can I say I am managing 500K notional amount?

This firm has no problem displaying performance on website:

Quantitative Investment Management - Performance

Off topic of course, I apologize for that.

Albert

or if you were managing on someone else's account, they trust you with 500K worth of collateral, cos at the end of the someone has to have it to hand

Wouaou!!!!! This is incredible Eduardo. Thank you so much. I downloaded the demo last night and as you say I get tons of good patterns I can play with. Why wasn't I aware that this program exists? This goes far and beyond what Crable or even Larry Williams have done.

Albert
Albert, just a word of warning: the software is a data mining engine, and the patterns profitability tend to revert to the mean, that is, they lose profitability over time.
I have made some money using the software, but don't go thinking this is the Holly Grail - you may well find a series of losses in a row which will seriously affect your account. :!:
Money and risk management are the key here; also, you'll find that the longer, timewise, the data used for pattern search, the less patterns you'll find; for example, I am actually searching for patterns on Hammerson (HMSO, FTSE100 component) over 10 years of data (a bit less, actually) and the search is far from promising, few patterns have been found.
Just be careful, keep in check your enthusiasm, use your head :smart: (and not your heart) and you'll be allright; make sure that you properly back test the patterns, as sometimes the winners are actually losers when broker commissions are added to the equation.
Good luck. :clap:

Eduardo. :cheers:

Albert, just a word of warning: the software is a data mining engine, and the patterns profitability tend to revert to the mean, that is, they lose profitability over time.
I have made some money using the software, but don't go thinking this is the Holly Grail - you may well find a series of losses in a row which will seriously affect your account. :!:
Money and risk management are the key here; also, you'll find that the longer, timewise, the data used for pattern search, the less patterns you'll find; for example, I am actually searching for patterns on Hammerson (HMSO, FTSE100 component) over 10 years of data (a bit less, actually) and the search is far from promising, few patterns have been found.
Just be careful, keep in check your enthusiasm, use your head :smart: (and not your heart) and you'll be allright; make sure that you properly back test the patterns, as sometimes the winners are actually losers when broker commissions are added to the equation.
Good luck. :clap:

Eduardo. :cheers:

Eduardo, thanks for the suggestions and for sharing your experience with the program. I'm grateful to you for providing this information. I purchased a license last week and the program already paid for itself.

As far as reversion tot he mean, this is true with all trading methods/systems/strategies, I believe so too, you are absolutely correct. I think there are ways to deal with that, like for example trend filtering indicators like simple moving averages and trend strength indicators like the ADX.

I wish you good luck. I'm so excited I finally found this program, thanks to you.

Albert