Community Constitution

We're not rid of the binary options nonsense quite yet, though they appear to be providing us with plenty of ammunition every time they post.

yes i did see that within minutes of my post it all kicked off again, just my luck :D

as the vendors are now without their links, it surely can't last much longer. most gave up quickly, just the dim witted carry on oblivious. so long as the mods are vigilant of the new posters starting new threads then the blight should be eradicated swiftly.

indeed good work yesterday, their arms flailing and on the ropes, all washed up and finished :clap:

Looks like they've finally given up.

Attachments

• fielder.jpg
    fielder.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 167
So many people posting pointless, non educational or trading related, drivel.
They make numerous posts in the space of a few hours. So, either they are fanatical traders thirsty for knowledge or potential scammers building up their number of posts prior to a scam. Perhaps they could be lonely individuals who are to shy to meet real human beings and thus prefer the anonimity of the internet.
Does anyone(management) on T2W notice or give a ****

Problem with this site is that most of the "trading related" stuff that Timsk et bang on about is drivel in and of itself.

Main thing why this site is going to the dumps is cos staff don't let members get on and do the jobs that they can't do like lulzing for keeping spirits up, slaughtering idiots and charlatans and talking about things that have at least some semblance of academic merit while rubbishing the stuff that doesn't.

Problem with this site is that most of the "trading related" stuff that Timsk et bang on about is drivel in and of itself.

I agree with you, but maybe you and i are looking at this from a different perspective.

there used to be real hypocrisy at t2w, but they've mostly dropped the pretense that they are anything other than what they are. Occasionally you get the odd member of staff lapsing back into old habits, but its happening less frequently

Main thing why this site is going to the dumps is cos staff don't let members get on and do the jobs that they can't do like lulzing for keeping spirits up, slaughtering idiots and charlatans and talking about things that have at least some semblance of academic merit while rubbishing the stuff that doesn't.

But wait... all you have to do is provide CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK and... get ignored.

But wait... all you have to do is provide CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK and... get ignored.

Or ridiculed, or threatened with a ban, or actually banned

In fairness to t2w, I'm not 100% convinced that treating members in this way is official company policy, its just as likely to be a couple of rogue elements abusing a position of trust.

Still, its not supposed to be a democracy. As the level of hypocrisy has reduced, I'm less inclined to even mention these things,

s-n-d (and the hare),
I'm more than happy to accept that the trading related stuff I 'bang out' is less than perfect. Dismissing it as 'drivel' is about as unhelpful as unhelpful gets. If you genuinely believe this to be the case, tell me what to do / not to do to make it better for the benefit of the entire community. Contrary to DRs assertion, I welcome such feedback and will act on it promptly. But I can only do that if you're specific and avoid vague generalizations. I suggest you start with a FAQ - any FAQ - read it and quote any parts of it that you think are inaccurate or misleading and give your reasons why. Assuming your points are valid - I'll happily amend the FAQ accordingly. I've made this offer repeatedly and find it very frustrating that nobody takes me up on it. Remarks like 'it's rubbish' are no use to man nor beast.
:mad:
Tim.

Contrary to DRs assertion, I welcome such feedback and will act on it promptly. But I can only do that if you're specific and avoid vague generalizations. I suggest you start with a FAQ - any FAQ - read it and quote any parts of it that you think are inaccurate or misleading and give your reasons why. Assuming your points are valid - I'll happily amend the FAQ accordingly. I've made this offer repeatedly and find it very frustrating that nobody takes me up on it. Remarks like 'it's rubbish' are no use to man nor beast.
:mad:
Tim.

I can empathize with your position, but its a problem that t2w created for themselves and that the management will need to address if they are genuinely concerned about content (although I suspect they are not remotely concerned)

I think there is real value in someone expressing an opinion that something is "rubbish". There are probably well over a million posts on the forum, and sorting out the wheat from the chaff isn't easy. members tend to take note of the opinions of others who they believe may have greater experience, or whose views they tend to share.

If a member such as dash declares a post or article as "rubbish" that opinion has real value for me. Conversely, if other less experienced and clearly clueless members dismiss something as "rubbish" I'd probably want to take a closer look.

I would argue that opinion of various members regarding content is equally as valuable as the content itself. If 98% of the sites staff and members are telling me Mr Spreadbettings book is wonderful, that tells me something very useful. If a certain 2% of the members are telling me its total garbage, that information is equally useful too

Do you see where I'm going with this

Or ridiculed, or threatened with a ban, or actually banned

In fairness to t2w, I'm not 100% convinced that treating members in this way is official company policy, its just as likely to be a couple of rogue elements abusing a position of trust.

Still, its not supposed to be a democracy. As the level of hypocrisy has reduced, I'm less inclined to even mention these things,

Timsk, just a brief look at one thread on FAQ since it's on discussion.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...egy-system-i-should-use-where-can-i-find.html

Delete lines like:

"You can start by taking one of the many canned approaches found in books"

"Or, you could buy a methodology from someone else."

"However, be wary about paying out for one because – although the vendor may be able to make a fortune trading their own methodology, the probability of you being able to duplicate their success is very slim indeed."

(I realise this is part of the short answer and therefore dumbed down)

"It’s for this reason that backtesting specific chart patterns tends not to produce success rates much above 45%. To develop a methodology with a success rate of 65% or better, you must find ways to filter out the false signals. One way to do this is to look beyond charts, candlesticks and indicators and try to gauge market sentiment. Bearish sentiment will favour the reversal trader looking to short a double top, while bullish sentiment will favour the breakout trader looking to go long upon a breakout to fresh highs. "

I understand what you're getting at, but perhaps a revision of this as it is a bit wishy washy.

"The odds improve with a fully automated mechanical system, simply because there is little or no discretionary element."

Well...depends on who is trading it doesn't it?

Otherwise it is pretty decent.

I haven't read all the FAQ, but I think one could take a a leaf out of the Liquid Valididty book. There is a thread called "A system", which although it's not actually a sensibly tradable system is interesting nevertheless. So is there a FAQ around system building, testing, looking at drawdown, discussing that things with drawdown of 50% are not sensibly tradable, the process of improving the system, dangers of curve fitting and optimisation etc. how one goes about testing all this, what to look out for etc. (there may well be, just asking).

I haven't read all the FAQ, but I think one could take a a leaf out of the Liquid Valididty book. There is a thread called "A system", which although it's not actually a sensibly tradable system is interesting nevertheless. So is there a FAQ around system building, testing, looking at drawdown, discussing that things with drawdown of 50% are not sensibly tradable, the process of improving the system, dangers of curve fitting and optimisation etc. how one goes about testing all this, what to look out for etc. (there may well be, just asking).

:eek:
Just to clear up any confusion, its not my idea, and I agree its untradeable.
What I'm doing on that thread is more a demonstration of the massive weaknesses
of indicators as a basis for signal generation.
Just trying to help others help themselves, and show the flaws of that approach
when automated.

:eek:
Just to clear up any confusion, its not my idea, and I agree its untradeable.
What I'm doing on that thread is more a demonstration of the massive weaknesses
of indicators as a basis for signal generation.
Just trying to help others help themselves, and show the flaws of that approach
when automated.

I know, I didn't mean to give a false impression. I'm just saying, this is useful, despite it not being tradeable. It is a good thread (imo). Because this is what you will find, most of the time. It's not easy getting a small drawdown high return system off the bat. The thread is realistic (kudos to kimosabby as well)

I know, I didn't mean to give a false impression. I'm just saying, this is useful, despite it not being tradeable. It is a good thread (imo)

:LOL: Not your fault, I got the wrong end of the stick :)

TBH, I'd rather people actually DL the free data
I linked to, import it, follow the instructions provided and
see for themselves the various implications of stops, targets, indicators etc.
That doesn't appear to be happening atm...or at least no one has said so.

I said "trading related" stuff on t2w in general timsk not specifically your stuff. Knickers in a twist much? I've already done the exercise of analysis the content and topic if threads in the first four pages of new posts and provided t2w with the relevant percentages of drivel etc but it was ignored. I think it's an exercise that Steve should really consider

:LOL: Not your fault, I got the wrong end of the stick :)

TBH, I'd rather people actually DL the free data
I linked to, import it, follow the instructions provided and
see for themselves the various implications of stops, targets, indicators etc.
That doesn't appear to be happening atm...or at least no one has said so.

Why would it? You're not telling people what they want to hear.

Trade2Win Forums - Search Results

A report profile button would be handy...
1 post reported with this post link in message box.

How about new posters waiting 2-3 mins with
10 daily post limit.
Wouldn't restrict new posters too much.
I think that might actually be better than needing a certain number of posts
before creating a thread?
Instead limit to 1 thread creation per day, maybe 2?
At least that would reduce the cleanup needed.

We can see the effects of certain post count before starting a thread is having...