Short term swing trade (see chart)

Long at 1504
Initial target 1538-1553
Stop: 1488

Attachments

• cocoa.gif
    cocoa.gif
    17.3 KB · Views: 316
I'm not understanding this market: There's not that many beans out there, a lot of those are molded, the farmers are holding on to them-allowing more of them to mold, there will be fewer beans from the next crop, and the price keeps falling.

That's a good thing though....I'll be ready...

JagdPanther said:
does anyone have any information on the price of cocoa at the farms inland? it's selling for aroudn .70 a kilo at the port, so i'm assuming the farms are far lower. any articles or knowledge would be appreciated, thank you!

Which origin?

bgold said:
Short term swing trade (see chart)

Long at 1504
Initial target 1538-1553
Stop: 1488

Stopped out on Thurday 21st at 1488 before the anticipated rally towards 1530's materialised :rolleyes:

I'll most likely buy,today (Jan. 26).
edit: Bought March at 1532.

Last edited:
I'm figgerin' this bull can be rode. Git on; chutes fixin' to open...

YYEEEE-HAAWWW!!!!!

Attachments

• ccbull.GIF
    ccbull.GIF
    43.5 KB · Views: 252
Cocoa on the move again...

Ivory coast unrest rears it's ugly head once more. Dryness concerns and strike threats to boot.

I'm not in, (too busy in Coffee right now), but this market is looking good for the balance of 2005.

IMO.

Attachments

• cocoa daily may.GIF
    cocoa daily may.GIF
    15.5 KB · Views: 259
I've been in and out of this market, lately. I've made some money, but not as much as I could have. I'm not sure I even want to trade it any more. You won't believe the reason for that: I HAVE TO GET UP TOO FREAKIN' EARLY TO WATCH IT!! It kills me.
There are other markets out there...Hogs, coffee, and soybean meal. For the coffee and meal, I'm digging through my trading toolbox looking for a tool I haven't used much lately. It's a tool called "patience". I blew my chance to get in the SM; now I have to wait for a correction.

Last edited:
They've raised the margin on coffee, again. I can buy enough cocoa contracts and soybean meal contracts to get more bang for the buck, I believe. (I was short hogs today and I got trampled. I'm gettin' out of the hog pen.)
Oh, crud.
Good-bye, sleep. Hello, cocoa.

Last edited:
COCOA CRASHES!

currently -148 at 1580.

Attachments

• may cocoa.gif
    may cocoa.gif
    23.2 KB · Views: 265