CMC Seminar

thks henry very informative i may even go the the next one,but interesting about the fill times. what he said is absoulte crap all my trades are checked by a dealer and take 10/20 seconds which does not sound alot but they used to get filled in under a second.
had a huge row with the yesterday over a fill that took 40 seconds and they just told a load of lies huge volumes etc thats the only downfall with them,if you start making reg money everything goes thru a dealer who could be busy and so it becomes pot luck i n getting a mkt fill in a moving mkt

I used D4F. I put in an order, with a stop and a limit, they knew exactly what I wanted as I explained what my aim was. Somehow it messed up and they lost me approx600 quid when my stop was 40 quid... They played the tapes back but because I didnt use the the term if done, I lose. Why, in a customer service world are the SB companies so unhelpful?

Ouch!
That hurts.
I would suggest to everyone that they detail any problems such as Hogs one, and send a complaint via e mail or normal mail to the blue eyed boys at the FSA.
The more people that complain, the sooner we may get something done about their sharp operating practises.

These are totally unaceptable at all times.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/enforcement/

I'm on first name terms with them now. lol

Options.

Reminds me of a book i read a few times, Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefevre. In their he explains the tactics of the Bucket shops, and SB companies are like the modern time version of Bucket Shops.
:)

i just don't understand why the authorities are not looking into the s/b companies. evrywhere else in financial markets is fraught with regulation and form filling. whilst the s/b companies might be authorised i don't think they are viewed as that big an issue. i would strongly disagree - this system of trading / betting is wide open to major abuse. i for one would like to know that it would not happen to me. i'm sure everyone else would as well.

ed crane

Before you place your first trade:
Learn about trading business
Learn how to make money
Learn how to deal with loss
Learn about risk
Learn about brokers
Keep on learning

It’s tough out there!
:(

"Now all I get is requotes, whatever the size"

"Still cmc are great "

Hmm... how do those two statements exist in the same post I wonder ?