CMC Seminar

Henry

177 2
Anyone from here planning on going to the Deal4Free Seminar on the 20th August? Could be a good opportunity to get answers to many of the questions and criticisms that have been raised about the SB firms on these boards over the past few weeks.
I've put my name down, just have to wait and see if they ignore me like last time round!

H.

Henry

177 2
Well they didn't ignore me this time, but apparently I was too late in replying (which I did by return) and there are no places left.
I suppose at least I won't need the bandages :)

H.

Helenqu

Established member
841 3
Hi H,

Well I didn't get in either!

Next time maybe :)

mos

6 0
hi there new to the board but being usuing cmc daily for about 2 years now and had a few porbs myself on the cfd front ...didint know if any body else had expereiced probs with them

mos

6 0
hi there chart man sorry should of been more specific as i said i trade cfds with them daily and overall cannot complain but it seems that if you start having a few good days then the system goes from automatic fills which with my system takes about 1 sec they put the deals in via adealer which can take 10/15 secs..sounds picky but in moving mkts as we have has caused problems but when you ask them about it they seem very evasive .

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
You'll never know, but from what I hear elsewhere, that is probably a true assesment.

mos

6 0
cheerrs mate well onwards and upwards... always here if you want a chat or exchange views etc i trade uk stocks mainly bt lloys barc avviva

dsmodi

Established member
509 2
did anyone go to the deal4freee seminar yesterday?
if so, anyone get any descent answers to awkward questions?

Niall

28 1
mos said:
hi there chart man sorry should of been more specific as i said i trade cfds with them daily and overall cannot complain but it seems that if you start having a few good days then the system goes from automatic fills which with my system takes about 1 sec they put the deals in via adealer which can take 10/15 secs..sounds picky but in moving mkts as we have has caused problems but when you ask them about it they seem very evasive .
Hi mos, you may have something there.. certainly with the evasive part! lol I trade US stocks with IB mostly, but keep having spells back with Deal4Free with the cfd's.. I really want them to work out, having used them off and on for over a year.. it seems such a good idea, and sometimes works a treat for me but I still dunno.. now and again they drive me mad with delays and odd (to say the least) spreads that appear out of nowhere, totally screwing up my chance to get out of a trade at a profit..

I always use stop orders now, the moment I enter a trade.. and they usually work very well unless there is a bad jump as sometimes happens on nyse stocks.

So I am still not sure overall.. I only just joined this forum and have previously pretty failed to find any traders at all who trade cfd's with them so am glad to have a chance to compare notes here.. will read the other refs here via a search and see what people say.

Niall

mos

6 0
hi naill well as ive said i cant really fault them overall after all i use to use gni and the savings in cost has been enormous,but what has become apparent is when you start taking regular money out of cmc they take you off the automatic filling system and all your trades get filled via a dealer which as ive said may take 10seconds which does not sound a lot but when you are used to getting fillid in under a second on the automatic system then it can be frustrating but i suppose you have to weigh it up against the fact that their are no costs involved.also if you trade ukstocks i stick to bt lloys barc and avviva then the first 3 are quoted via cmc as an adr in ny time and you can get some really good price movemts of these stocks in that time loyds moved 23 tics in ny last we and bafclays 12 tics so woth watching for
cheers mate

Henry

177 2
Seminar on 5th September

I finally managed to get on one of these - 5th September. Anyone else going? Any particular questions anyone wants asking in front of a crowd? This one seems to be aimed more at potential new clients rather than existing ones - could be "interesting"!

H.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock