CMC Next Gen Gross Difference with Underlying Stock

alyl21

Recently, I have been trading with CMC. However, I observed that their chart patterns were quite different from the real market charts. It wasn't because of the spreads. The difference was gross and unexplainable. I have attached the links to two examples. I hope investors and traders can take this 2 cases as a warning before trading with CMC markets.

Please see the case of Neptune Orient lines, a company in Singapore

Alex Lew Yan Liang

Please see the case of Neptune Orient lines, a company listed in the U.S

Alex Lew Yan Liang

Recently, I have been trading with CMC. However, I observed that their chart patterns were quite different from the real market charts. It wasn't because of the spreads. The difference was gross and unexplainable. I have attached the links to two examples. I hope investors and traders can take this 2 cases as a warning before trading with CMC markets.

Please see the case of Neptune Orient lines, a company in Singapore

Alex Lew Yan Liang

Please see the case of Neptune Orient lines, a company listed in the U.S

Alex Lew Yan Liang

Alex Lew Yan Liang

See another well traded stock Citigroup. The entire direction is different.

Please help.

wrong tf lulz

yes something odd going on, the price action looks fine, in comparison for the citigroup example at least. i think data is being deliberately missed off at the end of the cmc chart in attempt to make an issue.

if you are going to run a comparison alyl21, please, at least run the same date sets.

yes something odd going on, the price action looks fine, in comparison for the citigroup example at least. i think data is being deliberately missed off at the end of the cmc chart in attempt to make an issue.

if you are going to run a comparison alyl21, please, at least run the same date sets.

Not deliberately making an issue.

that's how the charts are being shown on my computer. You can create a demo account to take a look.

I am uploading a fullscreen of how the chart looks like. no manipulation here.

Attachments

• eveidence.JPG
    eveidence.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 318

that's how the charts are being shown on my computer. You can create a demo account to take a look.

another chart of a well traded C. I can't see how it fits the real chart

Attachments

• eveidence2.JPG
    eveidence2.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 284

if we keep to citigroup, your example chart from cmc has an end date of 1/11/11 whereas the "underlying chart" has data to 19/11/11 so of course they will look different, where you've highlighted the cmc chart as being different is in fact exactly the same as the "underlying chart" if you ignore everything after 1/11/11 on that chart.

for sure, if cmc's charts only go to 1/11/11 then yes, there's a problem, try again with the same start and end dates for both charts :)

ah, i see you've posted an updated, correctly dated chart of citi, see that wasn't difficult now was it

anyway i find your blog totally misleading. you've taken the two charts and shown them out of context to each other. why is that, you must have noticed the end dates on each chart ?

If CMC's CFD platform is like their SB, the problem could be to do with charts that stop moving, so later candles are all off the right side of the window.

i've had a look on the cmc sb citi chart and there does appear to be data missing on the daily from 4th to the 16th november, though switching timeframes to 4hr does pull things in to match up with the blog posted comparison chart of citi.