CMC Markets Voted 'Best Spread Betting Service' in the UK

brasil2000

CMC Markets Voted 'Best Spread Betting Service:confused:

LONDON, Nov. 15, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- CMC Markets have been awarded the title of 'Best spread betting service' by readers of Shares Magazine at the Shares Awards 2010.

Executive Chairman and founder of CMC Markets, Peter Cruddas, commented:
"This is a great moment for CMC Markets because it reflects all the hard work and energy that we've put into transforming our technology in order to give our customers the best possible user-experience. Customers are at the heart of our business and we never forget that. We are passionate about our product and we are continually looking at new ways to help investor's trade financial markets."

The awards follow what has been an extremely busy year for CMC Markets with the launch of their next generation spread betting platform and iPhone® app.
"The award is very important to us because it is voted for by the people that count –the customers," said Peter Cruddas.

CMC Markets is a leading global provider of financial spread betting, CFD trading and foreign exchange (FX). Since Peter Cruddas founded CMC Markets in 1989, the company now services more than 75,000 clients worldwide, who placed a total of 26 million trades last year.

Well I'm absolutely delighted, but hardly surprised, I have been tipping this company to some very close friends for quite a time now. Good post, cheers !

I didn't know they where that big in spread betting? CFDs ok, but spread betting. I haven't heard much about them on the forums and are the spreads they are offering really competetive enough?

Dear Spinola
Many thanks for your positive comments regarding our award success. We have been working very hard on our platform and service and primarily the execution, spreads and speed. There is still a long way to go but it is getting exciting and looking forward to next year when more technology being released. Just released our next gen charting hope you like them.

regards Peter

Well I'm absolutely delighted, but hardly surprised, I have been tipping this company to some very close friends for quite a time now. Good post, cheers !

Hi Ross

Thanks for your comments. In fact the award is voted for by the readers of shares magazine. We also won best education.
thanks Peter

You have to laugh. A typical example of CMC's customer service skills.

You ask them a simple question "do you advertise in this magazine", and you get a completely meaningless answer to an entirely different question.

To be fair to CMC I havent used em for years, but was exactly this sort of appallingly bad customer service (coupled with uncompetative spreads and slippage) that cost them my account. I didnt think it was possible for them to get any worse, but I guess they achieved the unachievable. T2W should give em some sort of award.

Hi The Hare
Sorry I thought it was rhetorical question
yes we advertise in Shares magazine
hope that clears it up
Peter
You have to laugh. A typical example of CMC's customer service skills.

You ask them a simple question "do you advertise in this magazine", and you get a completely meaningless answer to an entirely different question.

To be fair to CMC I havent used em for years, but was exactly this sort of appallingly bad customer service (coupled with uncompetative spreads and slippage) that cost them my account. I didnt think it was possible for them to get any worse, but I guess they achieved the unachievable. T2W should give em some sort of award.

Hi The Hare
Sorry I thought it was rhetorical question
yes we advertise in Shares magazine
hope that clears it up
Peter

Actually, it was just supposed to be a harmless joke, so I think the fact that PC at CMC took it on the chin is more to their credit than a sign of poor customer service, evasiveness, or whatever.

Hi Ross, good morning. Thanks for your comments much appreciated.
regards Peter

Actually, it was just supposed to be a harmless joke, so I think the fact that PC at CMC took it on the chin is more to their credit than a sign of poor customer service, evasiveness, or whatever.

THIS IS WHAT CMCMARKETS DID TO ME

Here I outline two issues that led to the fsa completely sanctioning the practice of being able to dump a “made-up” LOSING bet in to your spreadbetting account. This really happened to me between the 28th March 2010 and the 30th March 2010 AT CMCMARKETS!! I Lost the previous £298.00 which was already credited to my account on a winning trade when a spurious trade that lasted 16 seconds was dumped in to my account by cmcmarkets. This is all true!

Rola

I take issue with this trade 3) EURUSD 1 Sell position at 1.3479 and bought back at 1.3749 with £270 Loss as it does not represent the true market rates by a long long way, At no point in the 16 seconds between these trades that I did not place reach 1,3749 at the time noted in my blotter. I do not accept this trade and wish this issue to go to compliance and then on to the FSA if not resolved in my favour. According to your manager this trade was dumped on my account to "correct a position previously which you somehow cocked up. This is not my fault, and you should not be seeking to dump in this manner to correct a previously accepted trade which I presume you did not act on in good time, also not my fault. You accepted the previous sell eurusd trade which was a winning trade, and now you seek to reverse it which I find unacceptable. Please assure me that this issue has passed to compliance level.

Sincerely

4505***
ms sally ******

Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:50 PM
Subject: attatchments for proof

Rula
*I am sending you proof that the market did not make 1.3749 EURUSD at 8.30am this morning the 30th march 2010. I did not place this trade, but it has appeared on my blotter for the 30th march 2010, There is something not right going on with my account.
Please inform your manager and ask him to call me on 011790*****
Thank you
sally ******

account number 4505***

ms sally ******

HERE IS ANOTHER LITTLE TRICK USED WHICH IS TO WIDEN THE SPREAD SO MUCH IN OFF PEAK HOURS THAT YOU ARE FORCED OUT OF YOUR POSITION!

further complaint
If your ticket turns green and informs me that there is now an open position then I do not expect that situation to be reversed as was the case in my last complaint.
*Today’s complaint is regarding the spread which does not seem to be priced in anything like the market offered at other firms with*similar services.
***In my market maker software the bid*- ask price on the EURUSD ticket is 3569-3585 a difference of 16points?????. Is this because I have an open position on that pair? Is this the price only showing in my particular market maker software? The time of writing is 19th march 18.25pm By what margin can I expect the spread to differ during an open position? Where do I stand legally on this? why not 35 pts? If you do this you would certainly throw me out of the position. I must know the deviance to be expected in the length of my held position.
* I note that you are quoting the market for EURUSD about 30 pts up from where other firms are quoting it?
Please advise me concerning all of the points above.
----- Original Message -----
To: admin.sally
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 2:43 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: complaint- trading and your software - correction - order number 36880584

As you can see from the following the entire issue of having a position verified open with the green acceptance ticket is totally ignored! Look how they squirm out of it using their terms and conditions. Ha ha… highwaymen wear bowler hats and briefcases. They know how to use the law to steal to their advantage.

Dear Ms ******,

I am writing you in response to the complaint that you logged regarding order 36880854 not executing.

I have checked the order and i can see that it was cancelled as the trade price was no longer available. 'Client order sent' is not a trade confirmation message and an assumption of a filled order should not be taken. This order was not filled and hence did not receive 'executed' status. (funny that because the ticket turned green and used the word executed)
Therefore in this case, we can not offer to replace the trade at this price or offer any compensation in the matter, because as stated in our Terms of Business Section 4.9, an order is not deemed valid unless confirmed and executed by us.

I hope this provides some understanding in the matter, if you require further assistance, please contact us.

If you feel that your complaint is still not fully resolved, please contact us as soon as possible for further assistance.

Should all internal avenues be exhausted and you remain dissatisfied, you are able to escalate it to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).

If you do not respond within 8 weeks your complaint will be automatically closed.
Regards,
Vadim Tchassov
Senior Client Services Executive
CMC Markets (London)
Helpdesk (London)

"admin.sally" ---25/09/2009 00:08:12---correction - order number 36880584 ----- Original Message -----

correction - order number 36880584
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:56 PM
Subject: complaint- trading and your software

account number 4505***

ms sally ******
Bristol

HERE THEY OPEN A TICKET AND SO YOU THINK YOU HAVE AN OPEN POSITION AND THEN THEY CANCELL IT LEAVING YOU WONDERING WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!

011790*****

24th September

Dear complaints department

This is not the first time that I have found myself left out of a trade when receiving a message live that it is executed. At roughly 3.05pm I placed an order number 36880854 on the US30 at £3.00 per point and struck at 9744 short . The reading at the time of this complaint on the same US30 instrument is 4705 clearly a winning trade.

I am not satisfied with any more excuses about a fast moving market etc as I plainly saw on the docket the words "client order sent" and so I assumed this order to be taken.

On at least three other occasions I have found it nigh on impossible to trade at all as there are so many people accessing your server at certain times (busy) that it is quite obvious that no effort is made on your part is made to accommodate those who might be on the wrong side of a trade and wishing to exit which is impossible, even by phone at those times! or to enter a trade because the software suffers badly with DOS (denial of service) or "too much traffic"!
Because of this problem I am constantly unable to trade with any hope of accuracy regarding correct entries and exits to trades and I am considering the intervention of the FSA with a possible view to a court case to test whether or not the judges would consider that I have been unfairly dealt with resulting in unfair financial loss.

Yours sincerely

ms sally ******