Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has happened to this interesting thread?

After the uprising PC was forced to flee, hotly pursued by Truth Seeker and various other 'rats'. His whereabouts are unknown, he may be in Venezuela, or perhaps the desert, or even his home town, but he's not coming back. You people are far too ungrateful for him to bother with you any more.

hi pboyles,
I am here but I haven't found a thread lately worth responding to.
I have been thinking about closing the thread down because I want it to
be balanced and constructive not a forum for ranting.

I am not used to forums, I came on here with good intentions but to be honest
I have better things to do than deal with some of the stupid things that go on, on this site. If you have a reasonable question about CMC Markets and what we are doing, you have seen I am happy to oblige and respond but anything else is a waste of my time and energy and to be frank yours.

It is a shame, a few are trying to destroy this forum when it is the ideal way for you to communicate with the Executive Chairman of this company to answer some of your concerns. We have also listened to your requests and got a lot of changes done.

I am on the verge of closing the thread down. I haven't made my mind up yet. I will see how it goes. What I am really surprised at is the people that run t2w. There is/was a chance for them to run a proper forum, to eliminate stupid behaviour. If it were my forum I would want only professional comment and civilised debate at all times.

Maybe they number crunch and the more threads and discussions they get the more they can charge for advertising. To me it is a disgrace to allow such slanderous behaviour to carry on and totally defeats the whole purpose of having a forum. Surely it has to be real, professional and have standards. From what I have seen on this thread there are low levels of standards and the shame is that it spoils it for the genuine posters that want to ask genuine questions.

I think it is time to leave. I will give it another 24 hours and then decide.

thanks for your posting.

regards Peter

I
After the uprising PC was forced to flee, hotly pursued by Truth Seeker and various other 'rats'. His whereabouts are unknown, he may be in Venezuela, or perhaps the desert, or even his home town, but he's not coming back. You people are far too ungrateful for him to bother with you any more.

hi pboyles,

I have better things to do than deal with some of the stupid things that go on, on this site. If you have a reasonable question about CMC Markets and what we are doing, you have seen I am happy to oblige and respond but anything else is a waste of my time and energy and to be frank yours.

It is a shame, a few are trying to destroy this forum when it is the ideal way for you to communicate with the Executive Chairman of this company to answer some of your concerns. We have also listened to your requests and got a lot of changes done.

I am on the verge of closing the thread down. I haven't made my mind up yet. I will see how it goes. What I am really surprised at is the people that run t2w. There is/was a chance for them to run a proper forum, to eliminate stupid behaviour. If it were my forum I would want only professional comment and civilised debate at all times.

Maybe they number crunch and the more threads and discussions they get the more they can charge for advertising. To me it is a disgrace to allow such slanderous behaviour to carry on and totally defeats the whole purpose of having a forum. Surely it has to be real, professional and have standards. From what I have seen on this thread there are low levels of standards and the shame is that it spoils it for the genuine posters that want to ask genuine questions.

thanks for your posting.

regards Peter

I

Well its the internet and nobody can control it, if they start deleting posts it just makes people worse. At the end of the day its a hard sell to defend a SB company, no matter how transparent you try to be. You were always going to end up getting some abuse. I'm surprised it took this long to be honest.

pboyles

Rats? Well you were well in there with our train of thought too so what does that make you? You lot make me laugh.

Well its the internet and nobody can control it, if they start deleting posts it just makes people worse. At the end of the day its a hard sell to defend a SB company, no matter how transparent you try to be. You were always going to end up getting some abuse. I'm surprised it took this long to be honest.
Absolutely not, you have responsibility for what what you write, they should delete abusive posts. The high quality of this thread is gone, and probably Peter with it, why should he hang around with the kind of abuse that we have seen lately, and not only on this thread.

Maybe they number crunch and the more threads and discussions they get the more they can charge for advertising. To me it is a disgrace to allow such slanderous behaviour to carry on and totally defeats the whole purpose of having a forum.

I may actually start to believe that you care about standards at T2W the day that you withdraw advertising. Why would you want your company to be associated with this charade ?

Thats a rhetorical question by the way, and the answers pretty obvious, because tw2 in its current format attracts precisely the type of punter that you want (you wouldnt advertise here unless that where the case).

It seams to me you are trapped between a rock and a hard place, if you continue with the thread, you'll continue to attract critisism (mostly unwarrented, but some possibly legitimate), but its a full time job counter-acting the sort of nonsense that gets posted, and ultimately a losing battle.

If you withdraw from the thread, on the basis of declining standards at T2W, slagging off the forums management, but leaving advertising in place, thats probably going to backfire too

If you believe there's a market for a serious trading forum, open one, you could be up and running this afternoon.

I may actually start to believe that you care about standards at T2W the day that you withdraw advertising. Why would you want your company to be associated with this charade ?

Thats a rhetorical question by the way, and the answers pretty obvious, because tw2 in its current format attracts precisely the type of punter that you want (you wouldnt advertise here unless that where the case).

It seams to me you are trapped between a rock and a hard place, if you continue with the thread, you'll continue to attract critisism (mostly unwarrented, but some possibly legitimate), but its a full time job counter-acting the sort of nonsense that gets posted, and ultimately a losing battle.

If you withdraw from the thread, on the basis of declining standards at T2W, slagging off the forums management, but leaving advertising in place, thats probably going to backfire too

If you believe there's a market for a serious trading forum, open one, you could be up and running this afternoon.
No this part of the forum have been fine for a years, a new kind of clientele have moved in, pestering everybody that do some serious writing. It doesn't seem to be too many real traders around lately and soon I will be gone as well. No time for this kind of nonsense being posted lately, got more important things to do, than wasting my time with the worthless content.

If you can't stand the heat ...don't start a thread on t2w innit
We are not talking about a lively discussion, this is something else, and absolutely nothing to do with trading. This thread will kill itself if you don't shape up guys.

hi pboyles,

thanks for your posting.

regards Peter

I

This thread would be fine if UK Truth Dave Seeker would just calm down and/or give up spreadbetting.

This thread would be fine if UK Truth Dave Seeker would just calm down and/or give up spreadbetting.
Yes this thread was a real interesting thread. I really enjoyed reading Peters and other related postings. No it is turning into something that has nothing to do with trading or Spread betting. I kind of like to give Peter credit for all that he have contributed, and I would be sorry to see him leave the forum.

Hi Everybody,

I have decided to ask the moderators to close down this thread. it has got too ridiculous for words. There is just too much abuse and I really have better things to do. I am always willing to answer your questions on CMC Markets so if you have any questions you can email me at [email protected], I promise to answer your questions personally. Abusive emails will go directly to junk.

I am also negotiating with another forum that will not allow abusive behaviour so you will be able to access me there in the future but it is not finalised yet.

thanks to all the postings good and bad about our service. Not the abusive ones. We have changed our platform as a direct result of a lot of postings here. Thanks for your contributions.

I have asked Barjon to not allow any more postings here.
You know at the end of the day the losers are the genuine forum users here and that is a shame but you should direct your feelings to the minority that have spoilt it for the rest of you. You have my email and I will let you know about my new forum.

Many thanks for your time and effort.
Good luck with your trading.
best regards Peter Cruddas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.