Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi Peto,

I just spoke to the traders and they are amazed and they are looking into it to see if there is a problem but their saying the same as me. we do not close early. i will get back to you.

pc

Hi PC
Just to remind you about the issue of closing markets early. Tonight the Dax closed at 20.54; 6 Minutes early. Got the screenshot. Getting worse then!

hi 6am,

No that is not on the agenda and to be honest I am surprised you are asking for it. To me it is step backwards to operate executing a financial product building parameters into the execution.

I believe that execution should be clean , quick and transparent. you start messing around with it building in buffers then you are manipulating the execution process.

if you want to hit a certain price place limit orders. If you want to trade at market click buy or sell and take the price. that's how it is on all financial markets.

tks pc
#
Another idea. Is it possible to add the acceptable slippage? For example, Market Buy @ 1.6000, acceptable slippage is 0.0015. If price during execution is less or equal 1.6015 -> fill, else kill. This logic should be applied to manual Market orders. Market orders generated by Stop Loss or Take Profit should not be affected.

hi Peto,

Tech guys just came back to me and they said Dax was open till 9pm no problems and we were quoting and receiving trades right up until 9pm.

If you want I can put you onto the techie guys so you can discuss with them. if you send me private email with your details i will pass it on. let me know but definitely we were trading right up till 9pm

pc

Hi PC
Just to remind you about the issue of closing markets early. Tonight the Dax closed at 20.54; 6 Minutes early. Got the screenshot. Getting worse then!

hi gle101,

no had 8am meeting and have just got around to reading the thread. have to say a lot of the stuff being posted on his disappoints me.
I think t2w are starting to let their standards slip.
This site (not just my thread) should be about reasonable dialogue and not ranting off. by hosting bad behaviour it not only brings down the reputation of t2w but will encourage bad behaviour and also stop the site being used for good market practice.

really t2w you need to get a grip and stop the bad behaviour.

pc

Peter on a holiday today?:)

hi Uk Dave,

Well no point in taking the lead if other companies do not participate.
But I tell you what I am happy for CMC to be part of an industry independent review of pricing, execution and spreads. We are in. So why dont you get the other firms together, appoint an independent company and lets get these issues out in the open.

I look forward to hearing from you.

pc

I will take those spreads quoted with a pinch of salt then. Why don't you take the lead and get your spread slippage verified by an independant company?

Peter on a holiday today?:)

Do you know how many millions this guy is worth (assuming it's him and not just some lickspittle who's been told to pose as him)? I'll give you a clue - they are counted in hundreds rather than tens or singles.

Frankly it's amazing he spends as much time as he does on here.

Starting to let them slip?

Compare the posts and posters from a few years back with today. :(

Trading forums have an inherent problem, which is that there just isn't all that much one can usefully say about trading. What is essentially different in terms of the way one successfully approaches the market today compared to a hundred years ago? Things don't change, not really, because markets don't change. They can't.

Aside from that, at some point a shift did occur. Whereas once you had professionals, the target audience became newbies, and the tone fundamentally altered. I believe the focus moved firmly to revenue generation, and that will eventually erode the raison d'etre of any forum.

In T2W's case advertisers and vendors came to dominate, successful and proficient traders are turned off by the atmosphere, and the vicious spiral gets going. Now you get the constant stream of newbies asking the same stupid questions, the same vendors peddling their same bullsh1t systems, and the good material is buried under an avalanche of crap. There is simply no incentive for people to post worthwhile things.

If not for entertainment, why come here?

If T2W wants to resurrect itself and become a serious trading forum once again it needs to look seriously at what it does and who it tries to attract. It's current state was entirely predictable, but it is not set in stone.

hi gle101,

no had 8am meeting and have just got around to reading the thread. have to say a lot of the stuff being posted on his disappoints me.
This site (not just my thread) should be about reasonable dialogue and not ranting off. by hosting bad behaviour it not only brings down the reputation of t2w but will encourage bad behaviour and also stop the site being used for good market practice.

pc

Do you know how many millions this guy is worth (assuming it's him and not just some lickspittle who's been told to pose as him)? I'll give you a clue - they are counted in hundreds rather than tens or singles.

Frankly it's amazing he spends as much time as he does on here.
Yes, I have been in this business long enough to know about him and his company. I do belief it is him, the company is responsible for what is written in a public forum. He has too "fast fingers" (good writer too) in order for others to edit.:)

Last edited:
hi gle101,

pc

Mr Cruddas, what disappoints me is things like this. If I was you, the only 8am meetings I'd be having would be on the second heli-deck of my Sunseeker, moored somewhere off the cost of Aruba or Amalfi. In attendance (besides myself) would be my Krug merchant, my PCP dealer and my whore-monger. I'd be holding the meeting at 8 am because I'd still be up from the night before.

PFFT. That it? Tramp.
Lets go and check New_Trader

hi gle101,

pc

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Hi Peter,

Every time I try your "LIve" Help Desk, it isn't. I tried it a couple of weeks back and 3 times this morning. Does it ever open?

My question is :- Why are the max stakes on Ftse100 stocks so varied? For example, Barc £50, UU £25, Tate £8, Schrd £4, Rio £10

Thanks v. m.

(Lucky draw last night :eek:)

dear Mr Lulz

Well I suppose it boils down to what you want in life.
I have what I want and have no desire to lead the type of life you described.
But hey if that is what you want good luck to you. I wish you well.

tks pc

Mr Cruddas, what disappoints me is things like this. If I was you, the only 8am meetings I'd be having would be on the second heli-deck of my Sunseeker, moored somewhere off the cost of Aruba or Amalfi. In attendance (besides myself) would be my Krug merchant, my PCP dealer and my whore-monger. I'd be holding the meeting at 8 am because I'd still be up from the night before.

hi gle101,

pc
Yes a few really bad posts crept in, especially on another thread related to CMC, these are only temporary and not to be taken seriously. but I agree, they should be warned immediately and banned from the forum if they continue posting using the same language. I think trade2win did a good job in this case, stepping in warning and deleting some posts that contained a very bad language.

hi Benny,

Are you trying help desk on the platform or phone. i will check it if you let me know.

Prices are fixed for amounts so we can fill every order and they are based on market depth.
actually soon we will release new software that will allow you to trade your amount on one ticket. not in this next release but by end of calendar year.

yes thought you were lucky. QPR have some good players now, including Barton but QPR didnt take their chances. thats their problem

pc

Hi Peter,

Every time I try your "LIve" Help Desk, it isn't. I tried it a couple of weeks back and 3 times this morning. Does it ever open?

My question is :- Why are the max stakes on Ftse100 stocks so varied? For example, Barc £50, UU £25, Tate £8, Schrd £4, Rio £10

Thanks v. m.

(Lucky draw last night :eek:)

hi gle101,

I agree but really the point is, is that tw2 should never allow this type of bad language and behaviour to be hosted here. It not only looks bad but advertisers will start to move away because if t2w becomes magnet for a certain type of person then I for one will be off.

tks pc

Yes a few really bad posts crept in, especially on another thread related to CMC, these are only temporary and not to be taken seriously. but I agree, they should be warned immediately and banned from the forum if they continue posting using the same language. I think trade2win did a good job in this case, stepping in warning and deleting some posts that contained a very bad language.

dear Mr Lulz

Well I suppose it boils down to what you want in life.
I have what I want and have no desire to lead the type of life you described.
But hey if that is what you want good luck to you. I wish you well.

tks pc

It was only a joke :(, but I can see why you disapprove. Two heli-decks on one yacht is just extravagant.

Status
Not open for further replies.