Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what will they do without their advertisers? No there has to be a well manured (not boring though) discussion. Look at the forum at Forexfactory, do you see this kind of posts I was referring to? No, because the members, moderator and owner would never allow it. I guess the US is more strict in the implementation of such behavior rules, due to the risk of being sued.

Forex Factory is hardly perfect though. Jacko anyone?

A more serious tone would solve all of these problems. But T2W does not wish to be a serious forum. It is beginning to appear to me a business whose main purpose is to put newbies within reach of spread bet companies and system vendors / educators.

Again, I am not criticising the SB companies, but I think this is just the way it is.

The mods cannot effectively police the forum any more than the police can effectively police a country. It depends upon the character of the inhabitants, and T2W (and their advertisers) do not want inhabitants who are predominantly serious professionals.

EDIT: Scose, are you thinking of Jacko rather than James16? I'm not aware of any allegations (of that nature at least LOL) against the J16 lot.

But what will they do without their advertisers? No there has to be a well manured (not boring though) discussion. Look at the forum at Forexfactory, do you see this kind of posts I was referring to? No, because the members, moderator and owner would never allow it. I guess the US is more strict in the implementation of such behavior rules, due to the risk of being sued.

FF is full of stuff like that , look there what they say about Fxcm and Oanda and both companies still advertise there , also check the FPA site this website is full of ranting and weeping about FX brokers and yet all or most of the brokers advertise there , if some advertiser pulled their business the competition would love to fill the space immediately , but i agree about personal attacks , that should be deleted and i think the mods are doing what they can it isn't easy , if they missed a post here or there you could simply report that post and they will delete it .

FF is full of stuff like that , look there what they say about Fxcm and Oanda and both companies still advertise there , also check the FPA site this website is full of ranting and weeping about FX brokers and yet all or most of the brokers advertise there , if some advertiser pulled their business the competition would love to fill the space immediately , but i agree about personal attacks , that should be deleted and i think the mods are doing what they can it isn't easy , if they missed a post here or there you could simply report that post and they will deleted .
It is definitely not, you can express your viewpoints, but the way you get them a cross is monitored very carefully.

It is definitely not, you can express your viewpoints, but the way you get them a cross is monitored very carefully.

I don't know if we are talking about the same discussion boards but FF is full of newbies crying and ranting about slippage and gaps and platform issues and about their own losses and saying that broker is a scam , bucketshop ... etc .... etc

Forex Factory is hardly perfect though. Jacko anyone?

A more serious tone would solve all of these problems. But T2W does not wish to be a serious forum. It is beginning to appear to me a business whose main purpose is to put newbies within reach of spread bet companies and system vendors / educators.

Again, I am not criticising the SB companies, but I think this is just the way it is.

The mods cannot effectively police the forum any more than the police can effectively police a country. It depends upon the character of the inhabitants, and T2W (and their advertisers) do not want inhabitants who are predominantly serious professionals.

EDIT: Scose, are you thinking of Jacko rather than James16? I'm not aware of any allegations (of that nature at least LOL) against the J16 lot.
So why do you hang around? Noting else to do?:)

I don't know if we are talking about the same discussion boards but FF is full of newbies crying and ranting about slippage and gaps and platform issues and about their own losses and saying that broker is a scam , bucketshop ... etc .... etc
Could be right, but the language they use is totally different. I am not against stating you viewpoint, but bad language, not very common though on this forum. Trade2win have raised the guilty compared to a couple of years back.

Nostalgia and a bit of entertainment I suppose. I like some of the characters on here.

I trade US futures so things are very quiet until at least 1.30 in the afternoon, and usually 2.30. Then my approach is to take only the best possible set ups, so if I average one per day I consider myself busy. It's far and away the best approach for the average retail guy in my opinion.

I am considering going away though. I went off for a while and just drifted back though habit / boredom. Believe it or not I do a lot of useful stuff whilst I'm waiting for something to happen on the screen.

One more ban and I'll be off for good (there's a temptation for you Jon :):LOL:).

Well I believe that I have some form of internet/message board addiction and this forum (best of a bad bunch) is most in line with my interests. I assume this is true of most people who regularly contribute to any message board. Or it could simply be that modern technology has provided with a paradigm for what is to be considered as normal social interaction. That or lulz, but no mutual exclusivity here.

As for bad language, I'm probably one of if not the biggest purveyors so I obviously don't think there is a problem with it given we're all adults here. Small potatoes when you consider that the site is helping churn and burn people out of their savings and/or running ponzi schemes etc. Actually, I think T2W complaining about member language/decorum is extremely hypocritical.

Well I believe that I have some form of internet/message board addiction and this forum is most in line with my interests (best of a bad bunch). I assume this is true of most people who regularly contribute to any message board. Or it could simply be that modern technology has provided with a new paradigm for what is to be considered as normal social interaction. That or lulz, but no mutual exclusivity here.

As for bad language, I'm probably one of if not the biggest purveyors so I obviously don't think there is a problem with it given we're all adults here. Small potatoes when you consider that the site is helping churn and burn people out of their savings and/or running ponzi schemes etc. Actually, I think T2W complaining about member language/decorum is extremely hypocritical.
There is always somebody at the receiving end. I have been here when it was really bad, today it is quite pleasant, so it is not really a major problem.

Well I believe that I have some form of internet/message board addiction and this forum (best of a bad bunch) is most in line with my interests. I assume this is true of most people who regularly contribute to any message board. Or it could simply be that modern technology has provided with a paradigm for what is to be considered as normal social interaction. That or lulz, but no mutual exclusivity here.

Maybe we should concentrate more on trading and research, could be something to consider.:)

Could be right, but the language they use is totally different. I am not against stating you viewpoint, but bad language, not very common though on this forum. Trade2win have raised the guilty compared to a couple of years back.

I don't like the language either but that's the nature of the discussion boards , T2W is not directed towards professionals , and if you were attacked personally you simply could report the post ...

T2W is fading though - as a forum. Look at the "online" numbers on average - maybe 150 members and 700 guests. Forex Factory? Probably 10 times that number. The thing is though although there aren't many at any one time, there is a high churn of new members passing through all the time. Hence the advertisers etc etc.

You can't (or at least, I think it's unlikely you can) have it both ways. A serious discussion board is not going to attract much advertising, because serious people (especially serious traders, given the nature of the industry) are not the target audience for advertisers. T2W has chosen the newbie / rubbish posts / high ad revenue route.

I don't blame them really, but there needs to be a balance. There is so little actual trading discussion on here these days it's becoming questionable as to whether this really is a trading forum any more.

As a revenue-generating business? I would imagine T2W is doing very well indeed.

I don't like the language either but that's the nature of the discussion boards , T2W is not directed towards professionals , and if you were attacked personally you simply could report the post ...
Like I said, it is not a common problem really. I was quite surprised to see it appear on a SB thread yesterday.

There is so little actual trading discussion on here these days it's becoming questionable as to whether this really is a trading forum any more.

I can answer that. It's not. There's the odd thread with live fx candlestick punting and that's about it. Perfect advertising for SB firms when people are clearing 30-50 pips a day. Suppose it is still trading of sorts but there used to be discussion on all markets here. You could speak to someone who was trading cotton, coffee, oil, stirs, single stocks, index, bonds, options on many of the above, vix, weather lol. Now it's all just short-term FX spread betting.

T2W is fading though - as a forum. Look at the "online" numbers on average - maybe 150 members and 700 guests. Forex Factory? Probably 10 times that number. The thing is though although there aren't many at any one time, there is a high churn of new members passing through all the time. Hence the advertisers etc etc.

You can't (or at least, I think it's unlikely you can) have it both ways. A serious discussion board is not going to attract much advertising, because serious people (especially serious traders, given the nature of the industry) are not the target audience for advertisers. T2W has chosen the newbie / rubbish posts / high ad revenue route.

I don't blame them really, but there needs to be a balance. There is so little actual trading discussion on here these days it's becoming questionable as to whether this really is a trading forum any more.

As a revenue-generating business? I would imagine T2W is doing very well indeed.
T2W i directed towards Europe I guess, so SB and CFD's is part of discussion taking place. FF has the US and Forex community as a target (correct me if I am wrong). I am not a Forex trader so the discussion on this forum suit me well.

I can answer that. It's not. There's the odd thread with live fx candlestick punting and that's about it. Perfect advertising for SB firms when people are clearing 30-50 pips a day. Suppose it is still trading of sorts but there used to be discussion on all markets here. You could speak to someone who was trading cotton, coffee, oil, stirs, single stocks, index, bonds, options on many of the above, vix, weather lol. Now it's all just short-term FX spread betting.

I agree, unfortunately. The depth and breadth of knowledge and experience was something. Now? Just like you say - fx punters pretty much exclusively.

The thing is Scose I guess it's partly in the nature of the beast. I mean this is a nasty business and almost everything about it is sh1t. The only justification and the only motivation is success. Everything else is garbage.

Everyone is out to eat everyone else. The newbies are fodder for the vendors and the SB companies, T2W takes a slice along the way, and why not? Nobody is forced to be here and T2W might as well have some of the roll.

But as a forum, this place is a shadow.

Anyway, like you say, off-topic. Sorry Mr Cruddas for interrupting your thread. It's been interesting but probably best left now.

Status
Not open for further replies.