Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter, there was a client earlier on the thread saying he got a message of an "expired price". Is this correct as you do not re-quote?

hi gle101

that is where the client placed an order and we have not received the order on our servers. it is out of our control. we can only execute trades what we receive on our servers.
might be line problem or browser issues
tks pc

Peter, there was a client earlier on the thread saying he got a message of an "expired price". Is this correct as you do not re-quote?

hi gle101
bad English there, should have said that we receive on our servers.
tks pc

hi gle101

that is where the client placed an order and we have not received the order on our servers. it is out of our control. we can only execute trades what we receive on our servers.
tks pc

hi gle101

tks pc
Ok I understand, I got the impression he sent the orders but they were rejected a couple of times.

Hello,

I'm from Germany and find this thread when searching the web for
a solution for the the timeout problem. Every Browser timed out after 1-2 minutes.

After looking nearly a whole day for a solution and talked to the hotline several times
I found a solution for me.

I was told the problem is the Windows 7 64 Bit system in connection with flash.
Then I tried all Flash Versions incl. Beta for 64 Bit on 4 Browsers - with no success.

The solution in the end was to uncheck the "TCP /IPv6" option in the Windows LAN Connection options. I hope you know what I mean - in German it's called a bit different. ;) I don't know why i tried to fix the problem this way - I think I read
something in a computer magazine about problems with IPv6....

Now it works on Firefox and Safari without problems - only with Chrome I have sometimes timeouts. With IE 9 I can't even open the Login-page.

I hope this information perhaps helps somebody.

hi gle101,
no orders are never rejected just some times we do not receive them due to
latency in the internet. if we received an order we execute it.

many thanks for your numerous postings.

regards peter
Ok I understand, I got the impression he sent the orders but they were rejected a couple of times.

dedar Mr Stromberg,

Many thanks for this excellent posting. I will forward it onto my technical people.
To be honest I didnt understand your explanation, too technical for a 57 year
bloke that left school at 15 but I know lots of people that will understand it.

We launched tracker cfd system in Germany a few months ago, can you provide feed back on the new platform if you are a user.

Many thanks for taking the time to post this explanation.

regards Peter

Hello,

a solution for the the timeout problem. Every Browser timed out after 1-2 minutes.

After looking nearly a whole day for a solution and talked to the hotline several times

Then I tried all Flash Versions incl. Beta for 64 Bit on 4 Browsers - with no success.

The solution in the end was to uncheck the "TCP /IPv6" option in the Windows LAN Connection options. I hope you know what I mean - in German it's called a bit different. ;) I don't know why i tried to fix the problem this way - I think I read

Now it works on Firefox and Safari without problems - only with Chrome I have sometimes timeouts. With IE 9 I can't even open the Login-page.

Hello,

Ah, that may be why I don't suffer from timeouts on my stone age PC running XP.

Hi all

First post - having waded through 329 pages to see if I missed anything!

First off, very impressed that PC has stuck with this exercise through thick & thin, and is still here taking the heat (as well of course as the applause...)

I've been a CMC client since early '02 and must say have loved MarketMaker. Rock solid, clear & unfussy. I guess 9 years of sitting in front of it has made me very comfortable, and as a result I have been very reluctant to stray elsewhere.

Anyway, I have two questions regarding the New Gen alternative:

1. Will you be offering UK sector bets on the new platform soon? I seem to be getting more & more requotes on MarketMaker, and it would be great to try it on the new 'no requote' system. But last I heard, these instruments weren't available on it.

2. If I use New Gen platform, will the format of your statements change? I really like the CMC statements that I have been getting for all these years - very clearly laid out and above all professional.

That's it for an opener. Am sure I'll be back with other observations as time goes on!

Thanks again for your time - it feels great to have the ear of the man at the helm.

dedar Mr Stromberg,

Many thanks for this excellent posting. I will forward it onto my technical people.
To be honest I didnt understand your explanation, too technical for a 57 year
bloke that left school at 15 but I know lots of people that will understand it.

We launched tracker cfd system in Germany a few months ago, can you provide feed back on the new platform if you are a user.

Many thanks for taking the time to post this explanation.

regards Peter

Hello Peter,

to be honest - I like the old platform more until now. You can save charts and
have more options - of course the spread is much better on next gen.

I think you use the users a little bit as Beta-Testers for the new platform -
It is really very unfinished until now.

But I think for your company it will be a success to be the 1st mover with iPhone and IPad Apps.

They really look very nice and if you wait until everything is perfect to launch the software it can be too late.

kind regards

B Stromberg

hi thewiz,

Good morning and thanks for your post and also thanks for being a loyal client over a long period of time.

Market-maker as stood us well over time but it really is now time to change to the most up to date technology. MM really only works well as an executable piece of software. In modern times we have to have trading platform that works across web pages, mobiles and tablets so that is the major reason for change. Also mm got so clunky it was impossible to change it and up grade. There is no definite date to close it off completely but at some stage over the next six to twelve months we will close it down. we want all clients to migrate over to next gen. I suppose it is a bit like changing your mobile phone, you have to, it is different and it is a bit annoying to have to learn the new systems but n the end you get used to it and you move on. Also if you look at next gen spreads they are much more competitive so it should save you money.

Yes I accept it does not have all the products you need. We are going through a major upgrade at the moment of next gen to improve charting and add more products.
sectors will be coming but probably nearer end of the year but maybe before. depends on the work loads. Once we get through this big upgrade then we will have more time to add what clients want.

yes back office statements will change. if anything I believe they are easier to understand, more transparent. I hope you agree. Let me know how you get on with next gen. will be interesting to get your open and honest views on this forum to the pros and cons of the old system and next gen.

Good luck with your trading.
remember spread betting is a leveraged product and you should understand the risk.

best regards Peter

Hi all

First post - having waded through 329 pages to see if I missed anything!

First off, very impressed that PC has stuck with this exercise through thick & thin, and is still here taking the heat (as well of course as the applause...)

I've been a CMC client since early '02 and must say have loved MarketMaker. Rock solid, clear & unfussy. I guess 9 years of sitting in front of it has made me very comfortable, and as a result I have been very reluctant to stray elsewhere.

Anyway, I have two questions regarding the New Gen alternative:

1. Will you be offering UK sector bets on the new platform soon? I seem to be getting more & more requotes on MarketMaker, and it would be great to try it on the new 'no requote' system. But last I heard, these instruments weren't available on it.

2. If I use New Gen platform, will the format of your statements change? I really like the CMC statements that I have been getting for all these years - very clearly laid out and above all professional.

That's it for an opener. Am sure I'll be back with other observations as time goes on!

Thanks again for your time - it feels great to have the ear of the man at the helm.

Dear Mr Stromberg,

You are absolutely right, it is not 100 percent perfect now but the work we have to do is minor compared to the big build and launch. also we are getting to the end of the big build phase now so we can easily change things on the platform. We will be able to respond to clients quickly. that is our aim.

You are right about iphone and ipad. they are important for us and that is why the big change.

good luck with your trading, thanks for your time and let me know how you get on with next gen.

best regards Peter
Hello Peter,

But I think for your company it will be a success to be the 1st mover with iPhone and IPad Apps.

They really look very nice and if you wait until everything is perfect to launch the software it can be too late.

kind regards

B Stromberg

hi Mr Stromberg,

By the way I forgot to mention that Next Gen has been the fastest growing technology launch we have ever had. The uptake is extremely impressive so, so far it is complete success.

best regards Peter

Hello Peter,

kind regards

B Stromberg

hi Mr Stromberg,

By the way I forgot to mention that Next Gen has been the fastest growing technology launch we have ever had. The uptake is extremely impressive so, so far it is complete success.

best regards Peter
But where are the live clients Peter? Not on this forum anyway, they simply will not post. I have been asking a simple question about getting much needed feedback on a highly traded instrument like the Dow (US30). I have been meet by complete silent. With a narrow spread of 0.90 there should be more interest in letting traders know how you guys are executing. Trade2win is an important forum for spread betting (that is why you are here), but it beats me why there is not more interest in contributing their findings about trading with CMC next-gen, and you being here patiently answering almost every question, should also add to the interest in getting traders to post their experience.

Hi gle101,

Well we have had some responses to live trading, there has not been complete silence. I suppose the easy answer is that our next gen clients are happy. I honestly do not know why they do not post the good news. Maybe the perception of a forum is that you only complain on it (in general). If that is the case then you only have yourselves to blame.

tks pc

But where are the live clients Peter? Not on this forum anyway, they simply will not post. I have been asking a simple question about getting much needed feedback on a highly traded instrument like the Dow (US30). I have been meet by complete silent. With a narrow spread of 0.90 there should be more interest in letting traders know how you guys are executing. Trade2win is an important forum for spread betting (that is why you are here), but it beats me why it is not more interest in contributing their findings about trading with CMC next-gen, and you being here patiently answering almost every question, should also add to the interest getting traders to post their experience.

Hi gle101,

Well we have had some responses to live trading, there has not been complete silence. I suppose the easy answer is that our next gen clients are happy. I honestly do not know why they do not post the good news. Maybe the perception of a forum is that you only complain on it (in general). If that is the case then you only have yourselves to blame.

tks pc
If I ask a question on let say Capitalspreads thread I generally do get some answers. Here not so, but I agree, traders should post their experience when things is going well trading with a SB company (I do that frequently). This is just as important (at least for me) as the complaints we read all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.