Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 0.9pt?

Was looking at the German Tech 30, my mistake, been up too long, time to hit the shower to wake me up :p I haven't traded Indices for a few years, used to get some good swing trades from them and a 0.9 spread is music to my ears.

Hi Truth seeker,

Just looking down the next gen up grades due for next big release (sorry cannot tell you when as competitors are monitoring this site but soon)
You will have buy/sell tickets open at same time,
lots of chart improvement, including saving charts in watch list and
white back ground :clap: plus some other colour schemes to configure charts how you want them. they look very sexy have to say that but then I am not chart expert. I threw my chart book in the bin in October 1987 when Dow low couldn't fit on the page.
ipad upgrade releases and some iphone upgrades. there is a very very long list
and most will be coming very soon.

this is just a flavour of what is to come.
tks peter

Good news, look forward to the update. Just checked the spreads of the Indices, why 3 pips for Dax, that's a bit steep isn't it? I would have thought it would be 1 pip like most other brokers? Any chance you can reduce it down then I can start taking some more money off you ?! :p

Yeah, I remember downloading a demo from Deutsche and recognizing the platform - I assumed it was an FXCM white label and closed it quickly!

I used to use the VT platform developed by CMS who were bought out by Gain a year or two ago.

I actually saw it the other way, that fxcm got most of their quotes from Deutsche and added on a couple of pips which would explain why they have one main liquidity supplier..perhaps dealing through Autobahn..?

I actually saw it the other way, that fxcm got most of their quotes from Deutsche and added on a couple of pips which would explain why they have one main liquidity supplier..perhaps dealing through Autobahn..?

DB is only 3.5% !

Attachments

• lp.jpg
    lp.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 142
Hi Truth seeker,

Just looking down the next gen up grades due for next big release (sorry cannot tell you when as competitors are monitoring this site but soon)
You will have buy/sell tickets open at same time,
lots of chart improvement, including saving charts in watch list and
white back ground :clap: plus some other colour schemes to configure charts how you want them. they look very sexy have to say that but then I am not chart expert. I threw my chart book in the bin in October 1987 when Dow low couldn't fit on the page.
ipad upgrade releases and some iphone upgrades. there is a very very long list
and most will be coming very soon.

this is just a flavour of what is to come.
tks peter

What difference does it make if the competition monitor this thread? If CMC, or anyone else, provides a better platform/execution/spreads, then punters will take notice.

Personally, I find charts very useful, so long as looking at them doesn't make your eyes and brain hurt.:)

Good morning Ross,
Hope you are well today and surviving these tricky markets.
Just looking at white back ground charts. They are very nice. Boys have been working hard on charts not just the colours. Coming to a desk top, iphone, ipad near you soon.

pc

What difference does it make if the competition monitor this thread? If CMC, or anyone else, provides a better platform/execution/spreads, then punters will take notice.

Personally, I find charts very useful, so long as looking at them doesn't make your eyes and brain hurt.:)

What's your point - surely your 7th post in 3 years was worth a bit more effort :sleep:

I bet it's just a way to mention that poor website.

I'm sure white background will be better, but you have to remember that many users won't be arsed to change it so the stats will be skewed.
Internet Explorer is a good example. Even though everybody hates it and Mozilla is better, over 50% of people still use IE.

I bet it's just a way to mention that poor website.

I'm sure white background will be better, but you have to remember that many users won't be arsed to change it so the stats will be skewed.
Internet Explorer is a good example. Even though everybody hates it and Mozilla is better, over 50% of people still use IE.

Yes, the stats will depend on the default setting.
There's more to it than colour. It needs to be a plain background (not graded) and the candles need outlines so that they don't float in 3D.

Peter,
White backgrounds - ugh, no thanks :p
Long and short at the same time - No thanks, that had better be optional.

How about improving something useful like order entry? Click, wait, type, click - it's so cumbersome. When can we have 1-click?

Also, if we want to set the same SL or TP for all orders in a position, can we have a feature to enter it only once rather than having to enter it for each order individually?

As for the charts, they would be better if they could be made a bit smaller and if the presets saved all the settings. I hate having to adjust the charts every time.

Hi Timm,
Chart back grounds will be optional. You will have different colours to choose from so you can select yourself.
ability to open two tickets at once due for release soon.
also some one click functionality and amount memory as well.
Every time you open a new position you have to set sl and tp for each trade. you can amend them from back office.

charts scability coming as well.
due soon once we release the upgrades let me know what else you are looking for
the boys can mostly accommodate it.

cheers pc
Peter,
White backgrounds - ugh, no thanks :p
Long and short at the same time - No thanks, that had better be optional.

How about improving something useful like order entry? Click, wait, type, click - it's so cumbersome. When can we have 1-click?

Also, if we want to set the same SL or TP for all orders in a position, can we have a feature to enter it only once rather than having to enter it for each order individually?

As for the charts, they would be better if they could be made a bit smaller and if the presets saved all the settings. I hate having to adjust the charts every time.

Hi Timm,
Chart back grounds will be optional. You will have different colours to choose from so you can select yourself.
ability to open two tickets at once due for release soon.
also some one click functionality and amount memory as well.
Every time you open a new position you have to set sl and tp for each trade. you can amend them from back office.

charts scability coming as well.
due soon once we release the upgrades let me know what else you are looking for
the boys can mostly accommodate it.

cheers pc

No red on black text, please. Or red on anything, come to think of it. Make the surrounding box change colour instead.

Asked this on a separate thread but given this is one of the busiest spread betting threads I thought I'd mention it here too, anyone experienced bad fills, lock ins etc with ig index or any other major sb firm today, or late last week? Spotted complaints on twitter..

I accept the market is all over the shop ATM but I'd still expect the top two or three firms to cope..

City failed miserably for much of the day,with quote lagging and unable to place trades.

IG seemed ok but did not trade with them today.

Hi Tim3
Next gen had record day (three times) and no reported problems.
execution was 100 percent and no re-quotes.
Was tough market conditions and it is not for me to comment on competitors platforms on this forum, this forum is about CMC Markets but as you know we have invested enormous sums of money in our platform and I have to say it performed very very well.

Hopefully markets will calm down a bit today has been brutal.

regards Peter
City failed miserably for much of the day,with quote lagging and unable to place trades.

IG seemed ok but did not trade with them today.

Hi Tim3
Next gen had record day (three times) and no reported problems.
execution was 100 percent and no re-quotes.
Was tough market conditions and it is not for me to comment on competitors platforms on this forum, this forum is about CMC Markets but as you know we have invested enormous sums of money in our platform and I have to say it performed very very well.

Hopefully markets will calm down a bit today has been brutal.

regards Peter
Glad to hear that things are moving in the right direction for you and the CMC next-gen platform. A lot of positive things seems to have happened with CMC in terms of spread and platform features during the time I have attend to other issues. What I am missing Peter, is the ability to export trades in a CSV file. I have asked you this before, will it be possible in the near future? And when will Swedes be able to trade with you, are you really going to give away this important market to your competitors.

Hi Gle101

Nice to hear from you again.
Yes lots of positive things happening with next gen it is good to be back in the game big time with new technology and execution algos.
We have not been asked too much about trade exports into spread sheets and it is not on the short term agenda. However, we have big release coming up soon so once that is out of the way we can look at this.
Next gen is due to go live in Sweden later in the year. We launched Australia last weekend so the process has begun.

hope you are well.
regards Peter
Glad to hear that things are moving in the right direction for you and the CMC next-gen platform. A lot of positive things seems to have happened with CMC in terms of spread and platform features during the time I have attend to other issues. What I am missing Peter, is the ability to export trades in a CSV file. I have asked you this before, will it be possible in the near future? And when will Swedes be able to trade with you, are you really going to give away this important market to your competitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.