Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If PC is not willing to take feedback to improve CMC's services then this thread is meaningless .

Does the CMC website actually mention 1 click trading though? I had a quick look and I couldnt see it.

Peter from CMC has mentioned that they have it many times. The original question was - Why doesn't the new CMC platform have 1 click dealing like the previous CMC platform (Market Maker), is it to keep experienced traders away?

As a result there has been many attempts by Peter and a few hangers on to avoid answering this question first by Peter claiming they already have 1 click dealing, even though it results in clicking three times!

This is the head of CMC who 'apparently' doesn't know the difference between multi-click and 1 click dealing.
We have even posted images of what a 1 click dealing ticket looks like on multiple other platforms including CMC's own platform (Market Maker) which has been ignored.

I will keep asking until I get a reply, it's not a problem to me. You don't trade for ten years without coming across minor bumps in the road.

That's rich coming from someone who claims Next Gen is superb, yet apparently doesn't use it, and makes fatuous comments when anyone posts a legitimate question. As PC's best buddy, perhaps you could explain how to make one-click trades,then we could move onto another topic.

Ross honestly, you really need to learn to move on, it really is quite tiresome. Fwiw I like Next Gen as a platform and I firmly believe that CMC with their "you're the expert" mission are on to something that'll take a few years to reach genesis to then finally embed in the SB community's consciousness.

I'm not here to defend PC, I'm sure he's big and ugly enough to take care of himself, but what I do find irritating is posters taking advantage of his position, your constant nit picking and baiting is pathetic.

As for one click (perhaps similar to fxcm trade-station), why is it so important as a feature when no one should ever use SB for low TF trading? I don't need it (1 click) on an SB platform, I don't actually need it at all as I'd never ever trade off low TFs, and no retail traders should imho. It's just another non issue for you and a few other damaged individuals to insanely obsess over for days on end..good luck with that..

Ross honestly, you really need to learn to move on, it really is quite tiresome. Fwiw I like Next Gen as a platform and I firmly believe that CMC with their "you're the expert" mission are on to something that'll take a few years to reach genesis to then finally embed in the SB community's consciousness.

I'm not here to defend PC, I'm sure he's big and ugly enough to take care of himself, but what I do find irritating is posters taking advantage of his position, your constant nit picking and baiting is pathetic.

As for one click (perhaps similar to fxcm trade-station), why is it so important as a feature when no one should ever use SB for low TF trading? I don't need it (1 click) on an SB platform, I don't actually need it at all as I'd never ever trade off low TFs, and no retail traders should imho. It's just another non issue for you and a few other damaged individuals to insanely obsess over for days on end..good luck with that..

Then if it makes no difference (as you claim because YOU don't need it) what's the problem with adding it considering it was on the last platform. I obviously know something vital that you don't.

View Post Today, 3:19am
Remove user from ignore listTruth Seeker
This message is hidden because Truth Seeker is on your ignore list.

This thread is getting ridiculous. If CMC claim they have one-click trading, maybe they could post a video to demonstrate how it's done. If it can't be done, then it would seem that the ASA, FSA, FOS and others (Batman, perhaps) would be interested.

If PC is not willing to take feedback to improve CMC's services then this thread is meaningless .
ABSOLUTELY This thread is used for free advertising... unfortunately. I have to say that it started well but now it's nothing but people blaming each other.

I think the one click argument is silly, if you don't like it dont use it.

The web based platform is fiddly, but personally, I 'prepare' the ticket, when it hits the price I want, I'll click buy.

However, I do most of my betting on the iPhone, its actually quicker!

Im the same albeit with a demo account, as i dont always have access to a decent connection at work. I use my iPhone with the demo account. The app is the main thing which is swinging me towards to CMC from CaptialSpreads. As the gui for the web and iphone systems are really nice.

But i agree with above, justs seems to be a lot of bitching now

The iPad app is great but at the moment its CFD only. I'm using a demo account to get the live charts on the ipad for when I just want to keep an eye on prices around the house, then I can pick up my phone to place a bet.

I'm thinking push alerts might be useful for when a product reaches a certain price.

The iPad app is great but at the moment its CFD only. I'm using a demo account to get the live charts on the ipad for when I just want to keep an eye on prices around the house, then I can pick up my phone to place a bet.

I'm thinking push alerts might be useful for when a product reaches a certain price.

Yea im also using the iPad app.
Hmm only way i can see push alerts working is if a bet goes through your stoploss or takeprofit markers.

But kudos to CMC for making great apps. Just wish they had the selection of stocks that Captial Spreads does.

ABSOLUTELY This thread is used for free advertising... unfortunately. I have to say that it started well but now it's nothing but people blaming each other.

I actually don't think that was PC's intention,CMC spend millions on advertising, the click through banner ads on here are a pittance in relation to their overall ad/marketing spend, you attract scuzzies on T2W, potential customers you will measure on one hand..

I reckon PC's reason for starting this thread were similar to that of the C4 show were the MDs/COOs often lose touch with the core business/employees/customers and want feed back separate from the 'corporate speak' feed back you'd receive internally. Bill Gates stated; "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning..."

I think the one click argument is silly, if you don't like it dont use it.The web based platform is fiddly, but personally, I 'prepare' the ticket, when it hits the price I want, I'll click buy.

However, I do most of my betting on the iPhone, its actually quicker!

Bingo..

Im the same albeit with a demo account, as i dont always have access to a decent connection at work. I use my iPhone with the demo account. The app is the main thing which is swinging me towards to CMC from CaptialSpreads. As the gui for the web and iphone systems are really nice.

But i agree with above, justs seems to be a lot of bitching now

I agree, and that's exactly how they wanted this to turn out to avoid answering the questions.
Why don't CMC have 1 click trading like they did on their Market Maker platform? Are CMC going to introduce it to their new platform?
Simple question isn't it? By the way it has been received, firstly by Peter stating they already have it, which in fact they don't, then Peter acting out that he's not sure what 1 click trading is (lol)
It makes you feel that CMC feel really uncomfortable with this line of questioning..;)

Look at my user name, I'm searching for it......

hi Mrtan,
we will be launching spread bet app on ipad later this summer. will let you know when we have launch date.
tks pc

hi Mrtan,
we will be launching spread bet app on ipad later this summer. will let you know when we have launch date.
tks pc

PC - when will you guys be adding more stock? I was told a lot more will be added in 2011.
if you had the stock count which captial spreads has you would have a new customer

i was just informed there would be a wider selection of companies to trade with..

captial spreads have Desire DES:LN where as you guys dont...

sorry thats what i mean...just more selection

Dear Truth seeker,

Here is my last posting on our trading process. It is what it is take it or leave it. I have looked at a major competitor’s platform and it is the same process as ours.

One click trading needs interpretation.

One click in my books is the execution of a trade after you have set what you want to do. Yes you can select buy or sell but you have to select whether it is market order or limit or stop order. You cannot preset amounts with us. We will look at adding this feature in the future.

So let’s explain.

Click one with us and every other platforms I have tried is as follows. You have to click on price (or order ticket) to generate order ticket.
You select whether it is market order, stop loss, limit, amount you want to buy or sell.
You have to decide this before you do any trade. Once you have selected what you want to do then you can place trade. With us you can leave the order ticket open as long as you like with the market price updating in the price window of the ticket.

Click two. Once the ticket has been set to what you want to do, e.g. amount, limit or market order. You click confirm and the deal is executed in milliseconds. This is one click trading (reminder turned off on Next Gen through preferences)

Click three is you get a confirmation and to continue trading you need to click confirm you received the confirmation.

So all I am saying is that before you do your one click trading you have to set the ticket to what you want to do.

That is what we do. If you don’t like it then you don’t have to trade with us.
Once the ticket is populated you trade on one click. All this is explained and filmed in our videos on the web site. You can even open up a demo account to test the way we execute trades before you open a live account. Every other system I have seen makes you select the order type, e.g market or limit or stop, the stake and you have always had to click on our price to populate a ticket.

Maybe it is not for your type of trading and that is fair enough but I cannot add any more to the above other than to say that is how we operate and every other spread bet firm in this industry.

Can we move on now please.
thanks Peter

I agree, and that's exactly how they wanted this to turn out to avoid answering the questions.
Why don't CMC have 1 click trading like they did on their Market Maker platform? Are CMC going to introduce it to their new platform?
Simple question isn't it? By the way it has been received, firstly by Peter stating they already have it, which in fact they don't, then Peter acting out that he's not sure what 1 click trading is (lol)
It makes you feel that CMC feel really uncomfortable with this line of questioning..;)

Look at my user name, I'm searching for it......

Hi Paul
We are looking at adding more stocks and infact there are more indices, forex pairs and other products coming. I will try to find out where we are on products with you and get back to you.
tks pc

i was just informed there would be a wider selection of companies to trade with..

captial spreads have Desire DES:LN where as you guys dont...

sorry thats what i mean...just more selection

Status
Not open for further replies.