Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi george
Wait until new charting package comes out in next couple of weeks. My team tell me it is the best in the market but would appreciate feed back once we have launched it.

thanks peter

Ask them why they are reinventing the wheel when MT4 already has it all.
I understand the need to keep down costs but as a very experienced chartist, you will never better MT4.
You are not loosing business though so do not be concerned:)
I recommend that traders use MT4 and trade CMC or IG or similar as the charting software is superior.
Thanks for the reply.
Regards
George

Attachments

• t2wpc.gif
    t2wpc.gif
    36.2 KB · Views: 192
Hi George

I am not chartist myself but my team of charting maniacs love our new charting and they inform me that in time we will have best charting on the markets. I am certainly willing to write the cheques to get us there.
There real point of us going with our own charts is so we can integrate them across our cfd and spread bet platforms so they are interactive and work well together.
I promise you we will get there although you might always prefer white back grounds to our dark back grounds. That will be down to personal choice.

regards Peter
Ask them why they are reinventing the wheel when MT4 already has it all.
I understand the need to keep down costs but as a very experienced chartist, you will never better MT4.
You are not loosing business though so do not be concerned:)
I recommend that traders use MT4 and trade CMC or IG or similar as the charting software is superior.
Thanks for the reply.
Regards
George

Hi George

I am not chartist myself but my team of charting maniacs love our new charting and they inform me that in time we will have best charting on the markets. I am certainly willing to write the cheques to get us there.
There real point of us going with our own charts is so we can integrate them across our cfd and spread bet platforms so they are interactive and work well together.
I promise you we will get there although you might always prefer white back grounds to our dark back grounds. That will be down to personal choice.

regards Peter
Hi Peter,
Appreciated.
Incidentally, the background of the chart I attached was the direction of the higher timeframe (dark for down and light for up), something I had specially made for my trading, whilst the moving averages on screen were a combination of lwma/sma/aema give the price direction of the traded timeframe.
The under the chart indicators are divergence finders and are capable of having auto lines drawn on them and these too have been specifically programmed.
As a businessman and accountant, the reinvention of the wheel is not a good business plan, but I wish you well.
Regards
George

Hi george
Thanks for your best wishes. As a businessman myself I want to keep pushing the boundaries of service and technology as there is so much to learn and to achieve. I am sure you understand that. It is not a question of re-inventing the wheel but doing the above.

cheers

regards Peter
Hi Peter,
Appreciated.
Incidentally, the background of the chart I attached was the direction of the higher timeframe (dark for down and light for up), something I had specially made for my trading, whilst the moving averages on screen were a combination of lwma/sma/aema give the price direction of the traded timeframe.
The under the chart indicators are divergence finders and are capable of having auto lines drawn on them and these too have been specifically programmed.
As a businessman and accountant, the reinvention of the wheel is not a good business plan, but I wish you well.
Regards
George

Understood. Make sure that the software is not too good as one person I know personally increased his capital fourfold in 7 weeks.
All the best to you.
Regards
George

Hi george.
I hope that person had an account with us. It doesnt matter to us if clients make big money we want them to. They stay around longer that way and generate more income for us over longer period of time. Good luck to him and you.

regards Peter

Understood. Make sure that the software is not too good as one person I know personally increased his capital fourfold in 7 weeks.
All the best to you.
Regards
George

Hi george.
I hope that person had an account with us. It doesnt matter to us if clients make big money we want them to. They stay around longer that way and generate more income for us over longer period of time. Good luck to him and you.

regards Peter
Actually he had the account with IG but as a matter of interest he left CMC because the buy and sell buttons did not get him an immediate automatic entry and the delays cost him money. He tells me it was the frustration of having waited for the ideal time at the lowest risk, the entry software you had (it was 5 years ago) delayed entry and asked for requotes.
I personally only found requotes occasionally and before I retired from live trading for a living took my capital out of CMC - and still live on it!
As an experienced chartist I believe MT4 to be the current leader of trading platforms because of its flexibility and user modification/programming availability.
However, you'll always make money, and in business profits are good!
Regards
George

Hi George.
Five years ago, I had hair then. ha ha.
We have next gen now. Hope you and your friend will try that.
Next gen charting upgrades coming out soon. Hope you will try that also.

regards Peter

Actually he had the account with IG but as a matter of interest he left CMC because the buy and sell buttons did not get him an immediate automatic entry and the delays cost him money. He tells me it was the frustration of having waited for the ideal time at the lowest risk, the entry software you had (it was 5 years ago) delayed entry and asked for requotes.
I personally only found requotes occasionally and before I retired from live trading for a living took my capital out of CMC - and still live on it!
As an experienced chartist I believe MT4 to be the current leader of trading platforms because of its flexibility and user modification/programming availability.
However, you'll always make money, and in business profits are good!
Regards
George

Hi George.
Five years ago, I had hair then. ha ha.
We have next gen now. Hope you and your friend will try that.
Next gen charting upgrades coming out soon. Hope you will try that also.

regards Peter

Will do, and till then, spend wisely.
Regards
George

Hi george.
Thanks for your words of wisdom. Have already spent the money wisely. (wait for Ross's comments on that one, he won't be able to resist....)
look forward to your feed back on next gen charting.
regards Peter

Will do, and till then, spend wisely.
Regards
George

Downloaded demo and asked two questions with your courteous staff - changing colour on ma's and saving templates so you don't have to recomplete every chart.
They are to look at it in a couple of weeks or so. I'll be away then so when I return from holiday on the 5th May I'll check again.
CMC used to have 'sector' charts but I see they only have the stocks in that sector. I'll suggest that too tomorrow if I get time (Tuesday is golf day) as if the charting turns out as good as you hope then a lot of self select ISA's people are going to use it.
Bit of a downer to have Ninja advertised directly under this post!!:LOL:
Regards
George

Hi george
When you close platform leave the charts open the way you set them. the platform will open up with all your settings the same. If you close charts you will have to start again.
On another note we will have tabs soon so you can build different pages and keep lots more charts saved.

advertising at top and bottom of page is random so no say over who can advertise above or below you but this is fair system.

enjoy the golf but you should have played tomorrow, it is going to be nice tomorrow. today rain.

cheers pc

QUOTE=2George;1498788]Downloaded demo and asked two questions with your courteous staff - changing colour on ma's and saving templates so you don't have to recomplete every chart.
They are to look at it in a couple of weeks or so. I'll be away then so when I return from holiday on the 5th May I'll check again.
CMC used to have 'sector' charts but I see they only have the stocks in that sector. I'll suggest that too tomorrow if I get time (Tuesday is golf day) as if the charting turns out as good as you hope then a lot of self select ISA's people are going to use it.
Bit of a downer to have Ninja advertised directly under this post!!:LOL:
Regards
George[/QUOTE]

A couple of points for Peter:

1) Can we have a WTI/Brent spread trade instrument - it's a pain having to pay two lots of margin for a position which is effectively netting off.

2) The new platform resets itself and chucks you out when internet is lost - any chance of being a bit more sensible about this and just stopping the data feeds rather than resetting?

In fairness though on first consideration (having had my hand forced I might add) the platform is better than I remembered it to be.

Hi Nigelpm
thanks for your posting.
1. yes we are going to offer this product. not sure when but might be about one month away or sooner.
2. next gen data should always be saved if you get logged out.
have some new stuff coming next week. watch out ...

cheers pc

A couple of points for Peter:

1) Can we have a WTI/Brent spread trade instrument - it's a pain having to pay two lots of margin for a position which is effectively netting off.

2) The new platform resets itself and chucks you out when internet is lost - any chance of being a bit more sensible about this and just stopping the data feeds rather than resetting?

In fairness though on first consideration (having had my hand forced I might add) the platform is better than I remembered it to be.

Hi Nigelpm
thanks for your posting.
1. yes we are going to offer this product. not sure when but might be about one month away or sooner.
2. next gen data should always be saved if you get logged out.
have some new stuff coming next week. watch out ...

cheers pc

Great thanks Peter.

Another few quick questions if possible.

1) Do you have a rough ETA for Next Gen Android?

2) Are you going to introduce daily emailed statements like on the old platform? I found this very useful.

3) When do you envisage FTSE small cap stocks coming to Next Gen?

Hi Peter,

im a new customer from Germany and i have to say the new platform is AMAZING. It's a revolution and i feel like i have to delete all my other CFD accounts at flatex and IG etc...

Just one quick question since im too lazy to read the whole thread. How do you handle scalpers? Do you get higher spreads if you aggressively scalp or do you welcome scalpers?

Hi Peter,

im a new customer from Germany and i have to say the new platform is AMAZING. It's a revolution and i feel like i have to delete all my other CFD accounts at flatex and IG etc...

Just one quick question since im too lazy to read the whole thread. How do you handle scalpers? Do you get higher spreads if you aggressively scalp or do you welcome scalpers?

LOL... you created an account on T2W just to tell us how amazing the platform is?
At least we have one person who likes it... WOW.... well done CMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.