Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning

We launched next gen in Germany and had an excellent launch. We are planning a global roll out around the world and that is on schedule.

You, Goldman Sachs and Facebook <shudder>..I can see the links to the CIA and USA industrial military complex in the next leg of world domination; "These tanks and this Middle East crusade were brought to you by our sponsors CMC markets"..;)

Bond_Villain.jpg

If price has changed before your trade gets filled then u should get the new price , this is fair slippage ...

But if the platform is automatic and the SB is making the market an order will get filled when it hits the price. If not, they're reading ahead by delaying.

But if the platform is automatic and the SB is making the market an order will get filled when it hits the price. If not, they're reading ahead by delaying.

Like Oanda it is 100% instant but u will get slippage if the price has changed b4 your market order get filled , price can change in milliseconds , it works both ways ...

Hi Tar
Well we used to do that and instead of filling you at the new price (which may have been better or worse than the first price) we requoted you instead and gave you the choice. But the industry did not like requotes so now we offer market execution or limit execution. we are giving you what clients want. no more requotes make your mind up what you want.

pc
Hi

yeah i dont , when i said : if price has changed then i should get the new price i meant my order should be filled at the new price even if there is slippage

Like Oanda it is 100% instant but u will get slippage if the price has changed b4 your market order get filled , price can change in milliseconds , it works both ways ...

A stop or limit order that's already on the system, I mean, otherwise it will depend on the speed of the platform and connection, latency, etc.

I have noticed that the price in the old gen marketmaker cfd fluctuate much more than other providers like IG

When the price in IG lays relative still cmc fluctuate 1- 1,5 points up or down all the time

Maybe that gives positive slippage for the trader ;)

I have noticed that the price in the old gen marketmaker cfd fluctuate much more than other providers like IG

When the price in IG lays relative still cmc fluctuate 1- 1,5 points up or down all the time

Maybe that gives positive slippage for the trader ;)

I always thought IG's prices were the twitchiest, and move even when the underlying market isn't?

I always thought IG's prices were the twitchiest, and move even when the underlying market isn't?

I'd agree with that, no complaints overall with regards to their probity but they are very over rated in terms of execution although I haven't used them for 18 months+. But IMHO there's a 'skim' there of a couple of pips on each FX trade and you can *feel* the delay..I reckon for each quoted 2 pip spread on the Euro the reality is in fact closer to 4-5..

Slippage is slightly worse now than it was on the old market maker platform. Not enough for it to be a major problem but the slippage is always in the next gens favour.

I have only tried the demo platform.. placed a stop order to enter during very quiet period in EUR/USD, the demo platform gave me 0.2 pip slippage on my order, so i hate to think what the real live platform gives you in the way of slippage in a fast market.

Hi Ross.
Never figured you as champagne type of guy thought you were a man of the people.
Beer and meat and two veg. Got that wrong.
will look into the champagne gig. any particular brand and year. ha ha

cheers pc

I'd prefer just narrower spreads, but make it champagne and I'll consider opening an account.

Hi george
Wait until new charting package comes out in next couple of weeks. My team tell me it is the best in the market but would appreciate feed back once we have launched it.

thanks peter

Hi Peter,
Will you ever use MT4 for your charting systems.
Regards
George

Status
Not open for further replies.