Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but if I do then people will think I am getting soft in my old age and then my reputation would be in tatters.. ha ha :cheesy:

oh come on pc you're not that hard hearted

look at the puppy!

cute-puppy-pictures-sorry-eyes1.jpg

isn't it a lovely puppy?

you don't want the puppy to be sad, do you?

You alright Ross. You might need a lay down. ha ha

pc

Total tosh. How much are you being paid Ross? Or maybe you're after a favour? Either way your post is suss at best.
I've traded for over 10 years and as i stated earlier, I've experienced many bad practices, which got removed.
You can't trust this company imho, the new trading platform is useless, it's all lit up to entice inexperienced traders. The usability is poor.
This company has changed its name. It used to be called Deal4Free. Traders renamed it Steal4Free after all the underhand tactics they did. This is a fact, and people need to know. Now if this is OTT then I wonder what isn't? Is this site not for the traders now?

Hopefully CMC have changed, got rid of the barrow boys who once manned the phones. Stopped spiking out peoples stoplosses to gain profits, stopped freezing the platform during good moves, stopped cancelling trades when you go in heavy (£200pp) stopped holding tickets, stopped the dealer from stating on your platform it's phone trading only during manic market times only to not anser the phone, then accusing people of trading for a Bank. Peter knows I am from the older more darker times because he knows this went on, question is, will he admit it?

If problems first get admitted, then they have a better chance of being irradicated.

Total tosh. How much are you being paid Ross? Or maybe you're after a favour? Either way your post is suss at best.
I've traded for over 10 years and as i stated earlier, I've experienced many bad practices, which got removed.
You can't trust this company imho, the new trading platform is useless, it's all lit up to entice inexperienced traders. The usability is poor.
This company has changed its name. It used to be called Deal4Free. Traders renamed it Steal4Free after all the underhand tactics they did. This is a fact, and people need to know. Now if this is OTT then I wonder what isn't? Is this site not for the traders now?

Hopefully CMC have changed, got rid of the barrow boys who once manned the phones. Stopped spiking out peoples stoplosses to gain profits, stopped freezing the platform during good moves, stopped cancelling trades when you go in heavy (£200pp) stopped holding tickets, stopped the dealer from stating on your platform it's phone trading only during manic market times only to not anser the phone, then accusing people of trading for a Bank. Peter knows I am from the older more darker times because he knows this went on, question is, will he admit it?

If problems first get admitted, then they have a better chance of being irradicated.

mate you're paranoid about the other posters and that makes your complaints about cmc seem less valid... I suggest you focus purely on them

p.s. industry is full of wide boys. I know some amusing things about cmc that would make the fsa scream (involves spanish equities) but that's part of the game, no reason to winge, jeesus!

you WANT wide boys, you can have them over if you know what you're doing

mate you're paranoid about the other posters and that makes your complaints about cmc seem less valid... I suggest you focus purely on them

p.s. industry is full of wide boys. I know some amusing things about cmc that would make the fsa scream (involves spanish equities) but that's part of the game, no reason to winge, jeesus!

you WANT wide boys, you can have them over if you know what you're doing

I speak from my own experience and the experiences of traders I actually know, not from free sites like this. If that makes you feel my complaints are less valid then there's something really wrong here.
Traders lost buckets loads of cash through underhand tactics, myself included until I saw what they were doing, I finished up, as I found the only way to beat the bucket shop was to trade longer time frames, this made me some money but the amount just wasn't worth my while (2kish per month). I now trade futures and currenex, ok I have to pay Tax but this isn't much if you have a good accountant, I'm making more than I ever have and will say now, I don't know any pro trader who makes real money spreadbetting, most just day trade like I do and stick with decent brokers who charge a small comm per trade and your trade goes straight to market. spreadbetting is used for quarterly bets, if at all.

I agree with you about making money spread bettting, I've never made useful money spread betting, I've only ever used it for punting...

Much easier providing liquidity and having rebates thrown at me every month :)

But that doesn't mean everyone here is a shill, ya know?

I agree with you about making money spread bettting, I've never made useful money spread betting, I've only ever used it for punting...

Much easier providing liquidity and having rebates thrown at me every month :)

But that doesn't mean everyone here is a shill, ya know?

What I've learned in my years trading is that the spreadbetting firms are the bucket shops of the 1930's in the USA. Buyer Beware, they are the ones getting rich alongside dodgy characters flogging ebooks and trading courses.

I never said everyone here on T2W is a shill either :)

The idea that I'm getting paid is certainly amusing, as I'm the one on this thread who keeps getting accused of making negative comments about next gen.

It's also ironic that I agree with a lot of what you say, if not the way you say it. I had a CMC account for years and had plenty of problems, so I stopped using it. No need to launch vicious personal attacks -- 90% of traders lose, no matter whether it's DMA or SB.

The idea that I'm getting paid is certainly amusing, as I'm the one on this thread who keeps getting accused of making negative comments about next gen.

It's also ironic that I agree with a lot of what you say, if not the way you say it. I had a CMC account for years and had plenty of problems, so I stopped using it. No need to launch vicious personal attacks -- 90% of traders lose, no matter whether it's DMA or SB.

Nothing personal here Ross, you're reading me wrong, just wondered why you were trying to cuddle up (in the form of smiles etc) with Peter, especially if they have ripped you off in the past like you've just said. There's a lot of people who don't know this companies dodgy past, I feel they have to know what they are getting involved in.
A lot of people were ripped off, and it is never going to go away just because of a name change and useless flashy new platform. They never should have done what they did in the first place.

Hi Arabian nights
That is not fair. Look at those puppy eyes. Alright alright I will do some thing but u have to trade on next gen not mm. Will speak to Oliver on Monday can u send me your account number on private email and will do it Monday.
That lovely puppy just got to me
Don't let anybody know I am softening
Pc. :cry:
oh come on pc you're not that hard hearted

look at the puppy!

cute-puppy-pictures-sorry-eyes1.jpg

isn't it a lovely puppy?

you don't want the puppy to be sad, do you?

Ask yourself this, who benefits from the losses of a spreadbetter? In the past it was the spreadbet bookie, even though CMC sold the idea back then it wasn't them and that they matched every trade what was executed (yeah right), so if CMC goes to market as they say they do NOW with every trade that is put on, they shouldn't be benefiting from the losses should they? Considering the FX and Futures market is measured in lots, how does that accurately equate to pounds per point?

Attachments

• snakeoil.bmp
    666.6 KB · Views: 102
Hi Peter

There is definately no crude, wheat or sugar on MarketMaker any more. I contacted the help desk via chat in the software and was informed that this was correct, they weren't offered anymore? Can you please clarify CMC's position and if commodities are still available, how do I find them? They don't come up in the search function.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike.
You definitely can trade commodities. If anything we are expanding our commodities range.
let me know if there are any problems
thanks peter

Hi Mike.
Just to confirm that on market maker spread bet you cannot trade commodities any more apart from precious metals. If you want to trade commodities on spread bet platform you need to open next gen account and trade them from there.
all commodities still on market maker cfd platform.
thanks Peter

Hi Peter

There is definately no crude, wheat or sugar on MarketMaker any more. I contacted the help desk via chat in the software and was informed that this was correct, they weren't offered anymore? Can you please clarify CMC's position and if commodities are still available, how do I find them? They don't come up in the search function.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Peter,
The new release has better order entry - ie the stop loss you are keying in is not reset so quickly. So, if like me, you key the numbers in slowly, you don't have to start again.
Do you have a date yet for the release of the 3000+ products?
I haven't kept up with this thread recently, so you may have already answered this for someone else.

Hi Uchiki
Many thanks for your posting and your comments.
We have released the additional products on our launch of next gen CFDs that went live in Germany last week. There are around 3300 products. These will be added to spread bet and next gen uk cfd launch in the next two to four weeks. maybe sooner.
not long to wait now

tks peter

Hi Peter,
The new release has better order entry - ie the stop loss you are keying in is not reset so quickly. So, if like me, you key the numbers in slowly, you don't have to start again.
Do you have a date yet for the release of the 3000+ products?
I haven't kept up with this thread recently, so you may have already answered this for someone else.

Thanks for your reply Peter
Hi Uchiki
Many thanks for your posting and your comments.
We have released the additional products on our launch of next gen CFDs that went live in Germany last week. There are around 3300 products. These will be added to spread bet and next gen uk cfd launch in the next two to four weeks. maybe sooner.
not long to wait now

tks peter

Hi Peter

Does this mean more instruments will be removed from MarketMaker or just commodities? I use the older platform because I trade on my Blackberry, is there a Blackberry application for the new platform yet? Last time I spoke to CMC helpdesk there wasn't

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike.
Just to confirm that on market maker spread bet you cannot trade commodities any more apart from precious metals. If you want to trade commodities on spread bet platform you need to open next gen account and trade them from there.
all commodities still on market maker cfd platform.
thanks Peter

Hi Mike.
Eventually marketmaker will be phased out and we have begun that process on uk spread bet platform now. bit by bit all spread bet business will be on next gen. I dont think we will phase out any more products on market maker before we close it down. not sure when we are going to close it down exactly but we are talking months not days or weeks. The will be blackberry application but it is not in build yet. we are concerning on iphone and ipad releases.

thanks peter

Hi Peter

Does this mean more instruments will be removed from MarketMaker or just commodities? I use the older platform because I trade on my Blackberry, is there a Blackberry application for the new platform yet? Last time I spoke to CMC helpdesk there wasn't

Thanks

Mike

Eventually marketmaker will be phased out and we have begun that process on uk spread bet platform now. bit by bit all spread bet business will be on next gen. I dont think we will phase out any more products on market maker before we close it down. not sure when we are going to close it down exactly but we are talking months not days or weeks.

thanks peter

What's the logic in closing down MM when so many people have come on here and said they don't like next gen and won't use it? Gunshot wounds to the foot tend to be messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.