Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ross
I was not dismissing criticism I was just saying you are wrong based on the stats. Also if competitors offer more then why are we doing so well in signing new clients. We have to be doing something right and all I am saying is that based on the client sign ons not every body agrees with you. Commercially speaking we are very happy with where we are with next gen.
I think you just love trying to wind me up because I am struggling to find a positive comment from you on this site.

tks pc

It really has nothing to do with winding you up, PC. :) All I do is post an opinion based on my experience of using various spread bet platforms (inc CMC's) over a period of about ten years. Saying everything is great is a waste of time, so it's inevitable that a lot of my comments come across as negative, but if you check you'll find I have quite often been nice about City/Fins, because they (usually) offer tight spreads and fast execution with no requotes/rejections, which is what matters. The platform is a bit rudimentary, but it's stable and doesn't have too many annoying features.

Good morning Ross.
Fair enough if you do not like our platform and prefer others that is your choice.
Thanks for taking the time to post. I think other followers on this site will make their own conclusions of your postings.

pc

It really has nothing to do with winding you up, PC. :) All I do is post an opinion based on my experience of using various spread bet platforms (inc CMC's) over a period of about ten years. Saying everything is great is a waste of time, so it's inevitable that a lot of my comments come across as negative, but if you check you'll find I have quite often been nice about City/Fins, because they (usually) offer tight spreads and fast execution with no requotes/rejections, which is what matters. The platform is a bit rudimentary, but it's stable and doesn't have too many annoying features.

Good morning Ross.
Fair enough if you do not like our platform and prefer others that is your choice.
Thanks for taking the time to post. I think other followers on this site will make their own conclusions of your postings.

pc

Yes, hopefully they'll appreciate that I've spent more than a few hours trying to use next gen, and don't post negative comments for the sake of it.

Also, when you reduce the screen ( reduce the size of your browser for whatever the reason) your system reduces the screen space.i.e, if you have many things on your screen it stays on top of each other. It does not go back to normal when you maximise your browser. So every time i have to do the layout from the scratch.

+1

Hello peter,
Continuing to use your new platform and it is throwing more and more surprises!!
Placed a limit order on dow yesterday night and to my surprise the order was closed after sometime.
I would have made money if the order was executed. Your staff told me that i did not have enough money in my account. I was under the impression that your system works like your best friend IG and others, if you put a stop loss close enough,the margin comes down. It is pretty much a standard thing with all SB companies which you know anyway.
so, for £1 on dow you need 1% or around £117 today. How strange!! your Market maker requires only £100 on dow. on ftse you need around £56 for £1 and with Market maker it is £50 and your frineds at IG and LCG is less than £30!!..... all in all it is expensive to trade indices with your new glossy platform or am i missing some trick?
Also, when you reduce the screen ( reduce the size of your browser for whatever the reason) your system reduces the screen space.i.e, if you have many things on your screen it stays on top of each other. It does not go back to normal when you maximise your browser. So every time i have to do the layout from the scratch.

Any experience from other users? I stick to Marketmaker though the spread is more

Hi FT

Not sure why your bet was closed after some time. Need more details to look into the individual trade. If you send private email will pass it on to some one that can look into it but I am sure there is logical explanation because execution is automated on next gen. With regards to placing tight stop against new position. You will always need the required minimum margin to open any position regardless of where you put your stop. if you do not have sufficient margin then you cannot open position. Not talking specifically about your trade just in general.
screen data should always pop back to where you saved it. it does on my demo account. will look into this

thanks pc

Hello peter,
Continuing to use your new platform and it is throwing more and more surprises!!
Placed a limit order on dow yesterday night and to my surprise the order was closed after sometime.
I would have made money if the order was executed. Your staff told me that i did not have enough money in my account. I was under the impression that your system works like your best friend IG and others, if you put a stop loss close enough,the margin comes down. It is pretty much a standard thing with all SB companies which you know anyway.
so, for £1 on dow you need 1% or around £117 today. How strange!! your Market maker requires only £100 on dow. on ftse you need around £56 for £1 and with Market maker it is £50 and your frineds at IG and LCG is less than £30!!..... all in all it is expensive to trade indices with your new glossy platform or am i missing some trick?

Any experience from other users? I stick to Marketmaker though the spread is more

Hi Ross
Thanks for your posting. Good luck with your trading. :)
regards Peter

Tight spreads on US stocks in general , but in many cases only small stakes is allowed ...

I've tried to place a bet on the Nikki 225 but get a message

"account not authorised for this instrument"

Any ideas why ? Its not in the help pages.

edit - Have had a full a/c for a few years and can trade the ftse no problem.

Last edited:
hi
have no idea because we have been doing lots of business on this. did you ring support. also I presume you are using next gen. If you let me know your account details i will get support to look into it. please send on private email
tks peter

I've tried to place a bet on the Nikki 225 but get a message

"account not authorised for this instrument"

Any ideas why ? Its not in the help pages.

edit - Have had a full a/c for a few years and can trade the ftse no problem.

Hi Joe
got the message and already sent it off to client support.
I have to leave office in thirty minutes as I have outside meeting I will try to get back to you later but if not will probably be tomorrow now.
Maybe support will contact you directly lets see. They normally jump to attention when i ask something. ha ha :cheesy:
tks peter
Hi Peter

Sent you a PM.

Thanks for your help.

Joe

Hi Peter

I can't seem to find sugar, wheat or UK crude on Market Maker anymore, have these been stopped? Are CMC stopping offering commodities?

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike.
You definitely can trade commodities. If anything we are expanding our commodities range.
let me know if there are any problems
thanks peter

Hi Peter

I can't seem to find sugar, wheat or UK crude on Market Maker anymore, have these been stopped? Are CMC stopping offering commodities?

Thanks

Mike

Good morning. Thought you might like to know we launched Next gen cfds in Germany today. UK launch to follow shortly in next few weeks. Lots of new features on the platform that are no on spread bet platform. thanks Peter

Well, that certainly makes my 'constantly negative comments' seem a bit tame.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.