Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC at CMC Markets

Experienced member
Hi Everybody.
I decided to start my own thread to answer questions regarding CMC Markets.
For those of you who do not know my name is Peter Cruddas.
I started CMC Markets in 1989 and owned 100 percent of the company up until December 2007 when I sold ten percent to Goldman Sachs. I still own 85 percent, Goldmans ten percent and the staff own the rest.
I work at CMC Markets full time, I am executive Chairman and I wanted to create this thread so you could have direct access to me to ask me questions about the Company.
I will answer all the threads personally, I type them myself and I will answer your questions as best and as honestly as I can. So if you have any questions fire away.

regards Peter Cruddas. :)

What point of difference d'ya reckon CMC have over and above your competition? What exciting stuff do you guys (individually or as an industry) have in the pipeline for next year or further down the road? In short sell me CMC above, for example, IG..

Also, and I've asked Simon from CS this but he couldn't answer, what's the best method for a forex trader to get the best out of SB, to work with you guys as opposed to against? For example my advice is that traders should never ever even think of scalping or short term small TF trading with the SBs, would you say that, (unless you swing and or position trade forex on SB), you shouldn't bother as you'll fail..? TIA

As long as you lose consistently, any type of trader is welcomed by all SBs, even failed scalpers.

One thing that would interest me is the ability to automate all or part of the trade (CFD)

Perhaps with the option of using Metatrader or Ninja Trader

Think it would provide more trade opportunities and increased volume, who can follow the market 14 hours a day except a computer?

That's my thoughts :idea:

Hi Everybody.
I decided to start my own thread to answer questions regarding CMC Markets.
For those of you who do not know my name is Peter Cruddas.
I started CMC Markets in 1989 and owned 100 percent of the company up until December 2007 when I sold ten percent to Goldman Sachs. I still own 85 percent, Goldmans ten percent and the staff own the rest.
I work at CMC Markets full time, I am executive Chairman and I wanted to create this thread so you could have direct access to me to ask me questions about the Company.
I will answer all the threads personally, I type them myself and I will answer your questions as best and as honestly as I can. So if you have any questions fire away.

regards Peter Cruddas. :)
CMC seem to be trying to persuade existing customers to move across to your new platform. I have been using the web based Marketmaker Investor edition which includes free Level 2 and access to the excellent Digital look research. No other Spread betting company offers similar types of facilities. I also log in simulataneously with the Marketmaker desktop edition which has excellent charting facilities, which makes up for the poor charting on the webbased version. All together it seems to have everything. When I asked the person who phoned me from CMC whether Level 2 or the Digital look research was available on the new platform the asnwer was no to both of them, Why are you trying to offer a package which is very similar to the other companies and not as good as the one which you currently offer?

Hi Black Swan

So lets answers your questions as best I can. Why I think you should use CMC rather than our competition. Not in any particular order.
1. Unique graphical interface, our trading platform does not look like a spreadsheet.

2. Consistently competitive spreads on major products, we do not double the size of our headline spreads when the markets get volatile.

3. 100% automation of trades, no dealer intervention and millisecond execution of orders
No cancelled orders when the markets get tough, all trades filled

4. Next Gen charts, 66 technical indicators, presented in a fresh graphical format with the ability to amend risk management directly from the chart. Created in-house with constant new development.

5. Precision pricing up to 1000th of a pip

6. The best iphone trading platform on the planet, we are not boasting, its just a fact

7. Unique risk management stops. Automatic margin stop loss (can be dis enabled if required)

Sometimes clients get used to their spread bet firm and find it hard to change. I am the same with my bank account. But ultimately we believe that by having the best consistent pricing, automated execution, no dealer intervention over a period of time we will win the argument. Time will tell.

Regarding your forex question.

I worked as a forex trader in banking and broking for around 15 years. I was interbank trader quoting prices to clients and other banks. I have some experience. I have always taken the view that whatever market you trade you are looking to make money from direction. By spread betting with us you get institutional pricing and your profits are tax free. You click and trade, you get instant execution and because spreads are tight and consistent you can get in and out quickly and ride a trend.

You can scalp the market but that is very intensive and depends on your circumstances. If you can afford to sit in front of a screen all day trying to clip the market then that is an option but it is labour intensive very hairy and eventually it will wear you down.

sb on institutional real time prices, on line, via the iphone opens the worlds markets to you and it is tax free. Hope that answers your question. If not let me know and will try again.
thanks Peter
ps thanks for taking the time to blog.:)

:)
What point of difference d'ya reckon CMC have over and above your competition? What exciting stuff do you guys (individually or as an industry) have in the pipeline for next year or further down the road? In short sell me CMC above, for example, IG..

Also, and I've asked Simon from CS this but he couldn't answer, what's the best method for a forex trader to get the best out of SB, to work with you guys as opposed to against? For example my advice is that traders should never ever even think of scalping or short term small TF trading with the SBs, would you say that, (unless you swing and or position trade forex on SB), you shouldn't bother as you'll fail..? TIA

Hi Ross
You may be right but not at this company. That is a fact. we welcome all sorts of clients of all levels. In fact through our partners business and white label programme we have no idea of the clients we are trading with because they are the clients of our partners and we still gladly accept them.

cheers Peter
As long as you lose consistently, any type of trader is welcomed by all SBs, even failed scalpers.

HI Kalott

You already get automated execution on next gen spread bet platform on precision pricing. Next gen cfds coming in January.
cheers peter
One thing that would interest me is the ability to automate all or part of the trade (CFD)

Perhaps with the option of using Metatrader or Ninja Trader

Think it would provide more trade opportunities and increased volume, who can follow the market 14 hours a day except a computer?

That's my thoughts :idea:

Hi Offthelip
Thanks for your question
We have just launched our next generation charting on our new platform, which is superior to our old charts Digital look research is still available for free with the same functions and features as the old platform via their website (level 2 is too but for a small fee)
You can keep the old platform and the next gen platform open at the same time.
tks peter

I signed up with CMC because of the Level 2, so surely you should arrange it with DigitalLook so it's still free?

Hi Offthelip
Thanks for your question
We have just launched our next generation charting on our new platform, which is superior to our old charts Digital look research is still available for free with the same functions and features as the old platform via their website (level 2 is too but for a small fee)
You can keep the old platform and the next gen platform open at the same time.
tks peter
Level 2 obviously is available elsewhere for a fee, however your original platform allowed one to deal straight of the level 2 page. I am not sure that swapping between two windows is going to quite so convenient. And as mentioned above a small fee is infinitely more expensive than free!!

Hi Guys
Just checked with Digital Look team and it is approximately £20 per month.
tks Peter
Hi Black Swan

So lets answers your questions as best I can. Why I think you should use CMC rather than our competition. Not in any particular order.
1. Unique graphical interface, our trading platform does not look like a spreadsheet.

2. Consistently competitive spreads on major products, we do not double the size of our headline spreads when the markets get volatile.

3. 100% automation of trades, no dealer intervention and millisecond execution of orders
No cancelled orders when the markets get tough, all trades filled

4. Next Gen charts, 66 technical indicators, presented in a fresh graphical format with the ability to amend risk management directly from the chart. Created in-house with constant new development.

5. Precision pricing up to 1000th of a pip

6. The best iphone trading platform on the planet, we are not boasting, its just a fact

7. Unique risk management stops. Automatic margin stop loss (can be dis enabled if required)

Sometimes clients get used to their spread bet firm and find it hard to change. I am the same with my bank account. But ultimately we believe that by having the best consistent pricing, automated execution, no dealer intervention over a period of time we will win the argument. Time will tell.

Regarding your forex question.

I worked as a forex trader in banking and broking for around 15 years. I was interbank trader quoting prices to clients and other banks. I have some experience. I have always taken the view that whatever market you trade you are looking to make money from direction. By spread betting with us you get institutional pricing and your profits are tax free. You click and trade, you get instant execution and because spreads are tight and consistent you can get in and out quickly and ride a trend.

You can scalp the market but that is very intensive and depends on your circumstances. If you can afford to sit in front of a screen all day trying to clip the market then that is an option but it is labour intensive very hairy and eventually it will wear you down.

sb on institutional real time prices, on line, via the iphone opens the worlds markets to you and it is tax free. Hope that answers your question. If not let me know and will try again.
thanks Peter
ps thanks for taking the time to blog.:)

:)

A small fee is infinitely more than free. How infinite are we talking?

So... these next gen charts, how do you save a chart "layout" or "template"? after going through the trouble of adding all the wonderful pretty lines and colours to the chart, how do you NOT have to do it again every time you log in? How can you apply this prettiness to other instruments?

I added stuff to GBPUSD and want to keep it for future use, but also want it to be put on say a gold chart, without having to do it all again - how can this be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.