Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... these next gen charts, how do you save a chart "layout" or "template"? after going through the trouble of adding all the wonderful pretty lines and colours to the chart, how do you NOT have to do it again every time you log in? How can you apply this prettiness to other instruments?

I added stuff to GBPUSD and want to keep it for future use, but also want it to be put on say a gold chart, without having to do it all again - how can this be done?

By opening an account with another SB co?:)

By opening an account with another SB co?:)

I already have those, and stopped using CMC's charts a long time ago, they used to be best (for me) then they "upgraded" (on marketmaker) and made a hash of it, because it would take so much memory on my PC just to run one chart and therefore would freeze a lot! (No problems on the charts before that "upgrade", when I could happily multi-task on the PC)

Anyway IG's charts through IT-Finance pretty good - Can have multiple timeframes open and at the click of a button all charts changed to a new instrument - although it took a while to work out how to get it how I wanted it!

Curious to know if as PC says (somewhere on the forum) their charts are "best in class" under their next gen banner!

Which charts do you use?

I already have those, and stopped using CMC's charts a long time ago, they used to be best (for me) then they "upgraded" (on marketmaker) and made a hash of it, because it would take so much memory on my PC just to run one chart and therefore would freeze a lot! (No problems on the charts before that "upgrade", when I could happily multi-task on the PC)

Anyway IG's charts through IT-Finance pretty good - Can have multiple timeframes open and at the click of a button all charts changed to a new instrument - although it took a while to work out how to get it how I wanted it!

Curious to know if as PC says (somewhere on the forum) their charts are "best in class" under their next gen banner!

Which charts do you use?

Yes, CMC's platform was grindingly slow. At least the next gen seems to work properly, even if it's half-finished.
Have you tried ETX's advanced charts? Great when they work! GFT's also good (if you don't try to trade with them).

Yes, CMC's platform was grindingly slow. At least the next gen seems to work properly, even if it's half-finished.
Have you tried ETX's advanced charts? Great when they work! GFT's also good (if you don't try to trade with them).

Yea... seems to be working fine... I went to the payments/add funds tab (on iphone app) and added myself £100k now only if that kinda magic was really available! :LOL:

The last GFT bit was that:
- "they're good as long as you dont trade with them" OR
- "they're good trade with them if you don't?"
Do you mean GFT or their charts?

Not tried ETX yet.

Cheers
Kavs

Yea... seems to be working fine... I went to the payments/add funds tab (on iphone app) and added myself £100k now only if that kinda magic was really available! :LOL:

The last GFT bit was that:
- "they're good as long as you dont trade with them" OR
- "they're good trade with them if you don't?"
Do you mean GFT or their charts?

Not tried ETX yet.

Cheers
Kavs

I meant that GFT's charts are good, but the platform isn't from a trading pov.

3. 100% automation of trades, no dealer intervention and millisecond execution of orders
No cancelled orders when the markets get tough, all trades filled

This has not been my experience with CMC. In fact, I got delays and plenty of requotes in fast markets.

Hi Everybody
Sorry no blogs yesterday was off christmas shopping
If you want to save charts leave them open and when you log in next time they will stay with studies and over lays you left on them. if you close down charts individually you will lose the data.
we will have facility to keep charts and close them down and open them up with all studies saved but you can do it now as described above. new release should be with you in January.
Yes I know we are not quite there yet with charts but we know what is needed and we are doing it all in house so it is fully integrated. The team are working on every time. we will get charts 100 percent right not long to wait now. The guys working on charts in house are as passionate as you about them and want to get the best out there.
tks Peter

by the way not sure if you have used this service it is on our UK cfd site.

CMC taps pattern recognition for traders
Tuesday, 14 December 2010 12:25pm
CMC Markets has launched a new pattern recognition tool to help traders sort data, identify patterns and ease trade execution.

The pattern recognition software has been integrated into an existing platform rather than using a third party provider.

Pattern recognition is free to all clients using CMC Market's desktop and web-based CFD platforms.

Since being launched to CMC Markets' existing clients in Australia, almost 40 per cent of active clients have used the tool.

In a press statement, CMC markets said pattern recognition focuses on finding price patterns and using them to look for breakouts and momentum shifts across markets and timeframes.

It has multiple applications and can assist clients to work out where to enter, set stop loss orders and set profit targets. It can be as advanced as complex algorithms or involve nothing more than a pencil and a ruler.

CMC Market's new software identifies both completed and emerging patterns over short or medium time frames and ranks the quality of the chart signals based on technical indicators such as moving averages.

"One of the biggest benefits of the software is it allows traders to scan a wide variety of markets swiftly and rank them," David Land, CMC Markets Chief Market Analyst said.

"By integrating it onto our platform, traders who already trade confidently but are currently using third party applications can now scope out simple or complex patterns then execute positions with ease," said Land.

i have a question that i never really received an answer for when i was using cmc back in 2006. i recall cmc taking an additional pip when a trades target\stop was hit. When i approached cmc about it, i was told that it was due to liquidity. So i began testing this theory out while the markets were extremely thin (21:00 to 23:00). I noticed the additional pip was taken even during the thin market. in fact i managed to receive a 100% consistent validation of this fact over 20 samples at different times. I trade very differently nowadays and an extra pip isnt a big deal at all however, i do feel that cmc falsely marketed tight spreads when in fact they were larger when you take into account the closing of a trade. when i moved to a non SB and also when i tested ecn brokers i received a closing trade that was exactly as stated on the screen.

would you care to explain this? although i would love to return to tax free trading i just don't know what else is hidden in the system that is designed to peal money from me unknowingly. i don't for a second think that you guys are out to rob people because your business would fail very quickly if that was the fact. i do however want to feel that warm fuzzy feeling inside that is a broker that earns while i earn and wants to keep me there for the long haul with my best interests at heart. for this to occur i need a broker that is completely transparent in their processes and happy to respond to questions without lying about it.

also, could you disclose any information on the number of long time active clients you have. if you could filter out the small fish too that would be nice. i would like to know that you guys really do have consistent clients using your service. if you can answer these questions with integrity i might be swayed to return to tax free trading using your service.

thanks
regards
Wayne

Dear Wayne
Thanks for this blog and I appreciate your comments. so lets try and answer them. I can tell you that there never has been and never will be a company policy to clip clients on trades I do not know what happened before but lets try and answer your questions about next gen spread betting.

Firstly when you spread bet with us on next generation technology all prices and spreads are calculated electronically using algorithm software. No dealer is quoting the prices or executing trades. secondly all spread bet deals are executed electronically one hundred percent of the time. in other words we have taken the human element out of the process and just process everything electronically. There are no re-quotes, no fill or kill policy that cancels a ticket when the market moves. we execute every time, electronically. .

The system does not read you as a buyer or seller because it doesn't know your position before it quotes. It quotes independently every time regardless of whether you are buyer or seller.

secondly we publish spread charts to show our spreads and prices so you can check them for yourself. just select spread charts from charting menu on individual products.

Because of the investment in technology we are not about head line spreads we are about consistent spreads across all market conditions. I believe that if you looked at our spreads and measured them across all market conditions we would be the most competitive and consistent. It is really all down to technology not head line spreads and human intervention. in effect when you trade on next gen technology you are trading directly with a computer that is executing the trades. Next gen dealers at cmc manage net risk not execute or quote trades.

I will try to answer your question about clients but all i can say is that we do not target any specific client set. If you look at the the way we execute trades you can execute with us on most major products for large amounts. we are good for example up to £200 per point on uk 100 and this will get bigger early next year when we have more technology coming through I fully expect us to be good for £1000 or more per point on Uk 100 early next year when more technology is available. we are not after any particular client size or type. all are welcome.

I hope you give us a try. why not start small. you can even come to the office to discuss your situation to try and help you understand how we work. let me know if you want to come in and we can have a coffee.

hope the above is helpful
peter

i have a question that i never really received an answer for when i was using cmc back in 2006. i recall cmc taking an additional pip when a trades target\stop was hit. When i approached cmc about it, i was told that it was due to liquidity. So i began testing this theory out while the markets were extremely thin (21:00 to 23:00). I noticed the additional pip was taken even during the thin market. in fact i managed to receive a 100% consistent validation of this fact over 20 samples at different times. I trade very differently nowadays and an extra pip isnt a big deal at all however, i do feel that cmc falsely marketed tight spreads when in fact they were larger when you take into account the closing of a trade. when i moved to a non SB and also when i tested ecn brokers i received a closing trade that was exactly as stated on the screen.

would you care to explain this? although i would love to return to tax free trading i just don't know what else is hidden in the system that is designed to peal money from me unknowingly. i don't for a second think that you guys are out to rob people because your business would fail very quickly if that was the fact. i do however want to feel that warm fuzzy feeling inside that is a broker that earns while i earn and wants to keep me there for the long haul with my best interests at heart. for this to occur i need a broker that is completely transparent in their processes and happy to respond to questions without lying about it.

also, could you disclose any information on the number of long time active clients you have. if you could filter out the small fish too that would be nice. i would like to know that you guys really do have consistent clients using your service. if you can answer these questions with integrity i might be swayed to return to tax free trading using your service.

thanks
regards
Wayne

Hi Pipstar.
are you talking about next gen technology. if you send me private email of details of when you were requoted i will look into your orders and trades, but next gen technology cannot requote it is not programmed to requote
tks Peter
This has not been my experience with CMC. In fact, I got delays and plenty of requotes in fast markets.

Hi Pipstar.
are you talking about next gen technology. if you send me private email of details of when you were requoted i will look into your orders and trades, but next gen technology cannot requote it is not programmed to requote
tks Peter

No, I am not talking about next gen technology, I have not used it. I have only used your old web platform.

Dear Wayne
Thanks for this blog and I appreciate your comments. so lets try and answer them. I can tell you that there never has been and never will be a company policy to clip clients on trades I do not know what happened before but lets try and answer your questions about next gen spread betting.

Firstly when you spread bet with us on next generation technology all prices and spreads are calculated electronically using algorithm software. No dealer is quoting the prices or executing trades. secondly all spread bet deals are executed electronically one hundred percent of the time. in other words we have taken the human element out of the process and just process everything electronically. There are no re-quotes, no fill or kill policy that cancels a ticket when the market moves. we execute every time, electronically. .

The system does not read you as a buyer or seller because it doesn't know your position before it quotes. It quotes independently every time regardless of whether you are buyer or seller.

secondly we publish spread charts to show our spreads and prices so you can check them for yourself. just select spread charts from charting menu on individual products.

Because of the investment in technology we are not about head line spreads we are about consistent spreads across all market conditions. I believe that if you looked at our spreads and measured them across all market conditions we would be the most competitive and consistent. It is really all down to technology not head line spreads and human intervention. in effect when you trade on next gen technology you are trading directly with a computer that is executing the trades. Next gen dealers at cmc manage net risk not execute or quote trades.

I will try to answer your question about clients but all i can say is that we do not target any specific client set. If you look at the the way we execute trades you can execute with us on most major products for large amounts. we are good for example up to £200 per point on uk 100 and this will get bigger early next year when we have more technology coming through I fully expect us to be good for £1000 or more per point on Uk 100 early next year when more technology is available. we are not after any particular client size or type. all are welcome.

I hope you give us a try. why not start small. you can even come to the office to discuss your situation to try and help you understand how we work. let me know if you want to come in and we can have a coffee.

hope the above is helpful
peter

Hi Peter

I took some time yesterday to assess your new platform and I was surprised by the slow responsiveness of the system. Perhaps it is because I am comparing it against the likes of Esignal, Reuters 3000xtra and the new Reuters Eikon. Unfortunately I don't think I could work with the system. My decision is majority based on the responsiveness but also the layout provided.

I wish you and your business all the best nonetheless

Regards
Wayne

Hi Wayne
Many thanks for your open and honest assessment. I suppose your response time is quicker because you have a private line to your existing providers and I presume your have a prime broker account to clear the trades. Our system works over the public network, Internet. Also I think if you are trading rapidly then over a private network is probably best for you but if you are building a long term position and you are a strategic trader then you have to consider the tax benefits that spread betting provides you.

anyway I think your decision is fair enough but lets keep the door open in case there is some way we can work together.
tks peter
Hi Peter

I took some time yesterday to assess your new platform and I was surprised by the slow responsiveness of the system. Perhaps it is because I am comparing it against the likes of Esignal, Reuters 3000xtra and the new Reuters Eikon. Unfortunately I don't think I could work with the system. My decision is majority based on the responsiveness but also the layout provided.

I wish you and your business all the best nonetheless

Regards
Wayne

Sod this. They use Flash. I don't have 100Gb of Ram. I suspect that's why it grinds on anything but the best PCs. I am hoping Santa gets Adobe to fix the world's favourite virus, Flash.

PS your "next generation technology" site, although using a terrible, cluggy, old technology (Flash), does look pretty. Perhaps one of the prettiest platforms out there.

Last edited:
That's odd -- I have relatively prehistoric computers and find that Flash applications usually work better than Java.

Good morning shadowninja
I just got the tech guys to run some tests and I watched them myself. we opened next gen on old computer which is on its last legs and it took up less than 200mb. we opened a competitor platform and the difference between the non flash front end and ours was minimal. So cannot agree with you that our flash flex front end uses up extreme memory. it simply doesnt and any modern computer should be able to cope with the memory easily.

Many thanks for comments on our platform. We tried to make it simple and easy and intuitive. This is not because we are trying to attract beginners to the market but because it works easily across desk top, ipad and mobile devices. it has to be easy on the eye and easy to use. All other competitor platforms I have seen are more like large data bases and these will not be easy to follow on modern devices so we started again and wanted it to look and feel good across all devices.

I read a report some where that by 2012 more people will be using mobile devices to access the internet, than desk top computers. that is mobile smart phones and ipads, androids, slates etc. Our technology is designed to work across those platforms. that is why it looks and feels like it does.

hope you give it a try.
cheers Peter

Sod this. They use Flash. I don't have 100Gb of Ram. I suspect that's why it grinds on anything but the best PCs. I am hoping Santa gets Adobe to fix the world's favourite virus, Flash.

PS your "next generation technology" site, although using a terrible, cluggy, old technology (Flash), does look pretty. Perhaps one of the prettiest platforms out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.