Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
because fixed spreads widen during volatile periods
and spread charts will enable you to monitor their spreads.
are you saying that because some competitors have so called fixed spreads they do not widen during volatile periods so they do not need spread charts. ???

what r u talking about ?! my comment was on Andy's comment not on your post , your competitors have fixed spreads why would they offer what u call "spread charts " ?

because fixed spreads widen during volatile periods
and spread charts will enable you to monitor their spreads.
are you saying that because some competitors have so called fixed spreads they do not widen during volatile periods so they do not need spread charts. ???

what u mean by volatile times ? if u mean after economic figures release then no they dont widen their spreads or at least most of them dont , anyway , ross mentioned GFT and i mentioned Fxcm and Oanda , dont take it personal forget about Oanda ok ...

Hi Tar
This is getting to ridiculous to continue so lets just forget it.
Completely going off the point.
tks Peter
what u mean by volatile times ? if u mean after economic figures release then no they dont widen their spreads or at least most of them dont , anyway , ross mentioned GFT and i mentioned Fxcm and Oanda , dont take it personal forget about Oanda ok ...

Maninka came to me yesterday and said "when are we meeting cruddas?"

I didn't have the heart to tell him

His eyes were full of joy and anticipation

Please help me

Maninka came to me yesterday and said "when are we meeting cruddas?"

I didn't have the heart to tell him

His eyes were full of joy and anticipation

Please help me

what is the spread between his eyes ?!

GFT show the spread sell price on their charts. This is better than having the market price. However, I asked their help people whether the spread buy price could be charted. Answer was no. You can get the current buy price to show on the left of the chart (the other prices are on the right) along with a line at that level across the chart. However, as far as I know, you can't chart historical buy prices.

Re: Blackberry

Hi Mike
There is but it is not high priority. The team feel that with all the ipad/tablet type devices coming out that more and more people will use these for trading rather than smaller screen applications. will let you know when we expect to have the blackberry.

Good point. Don't actually have a Blackberry at the moment, but often been tempted. I've been impressed by it in other contexts, but don't know anyone who actually trades from one, so haven't been able to see it in practice in that mode.

Perhaps wrongly, but I've been convinced by BBY users that it's a more serious business tool than the iPhone (which other people tell me isn't actually all that good as a phone!). I know people start to get a bit "religious" about these things, and I don't want to go down that road here!

I have been impressed by the iPad, although that was only as a demo of reading books.
I'd hope there'd be some decent non-Apple competition.

Thanks for your response Peter.

GFT show the spread sell price on their charts. This is better than having the market price. However, I asked their help people whether the spread buy price could be charted. Answer was no. You can get the current buy price to show on the left of the chart (the other prices are on the right) along with a line at that level across the chart. However, as far as I know, you can't chart historical buy prices.

I don't have a GFT account now so can't check, but on Dealbook it used to be possible to have lines for both buy and sell on the chart. Funnily enough, on indices, FX, etc, they were nearly always the same distance apart, although the spreads weren't claimed to be fixed.

Re: Blackberry

my pleasure.

Good point. Don't actually have a Blackberry at the moment, but often been tempted. I've been impressed by it in other contexts, but don't know anyone who actually trades from one, so haven't been able to see it in practice in that mode.

Perhaps wrongly, but I've been convinced by BBY users that it's a more serious business tool than the iPhone (which other people tell me isn't actually all that good as a phone!). I know people start to get a bit "religious" about these things, and I don't want to go down that road here!

I have been impressed by the iPad, although that was only as a demo of reading books.
I'd hope there'd be some decent non-Apple competition.

Thanks for your response Peter.

Thanks Ross,

Don't want to stray too much off topic, but I did double check with another GFT operator just now. Would have been useful for me for stocks I'm trading via GFT Can display (dynamic) horizontal lines of buy and sell prices, but only plot the sell price.

I don't have a GFT account now so can't check, but on Dealbook it used to be possible to have lines for both buy and sell on the chart. Funnily enough, on indices, FX, etc, they were nearly always the same distance apart, although the spreads weren't claimed to be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.