Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Andy
Welcome to the thread and thanks for your words of support. it has been up and down on here but I feel that
as Executive Chairman, founder of the Company I should be accessible to clients and potential clients.
All responses are personally answered and typed by myself. so to answer your posting. (By the way thanks for taking the time appreciate it)

On next gen all prices and execution of bets, resting orders, limits and stops are generated electronically without dealer intervention.
There is no practice of clients being referred to dealers on their bets. The whole system is automatic. Because the process is automatic there is
no reading of client positions before a price is quoted.

The prices are generated electronically. Yes they can widen during extreme volatile periods but in general we try to keep spreads as tight as possible.
You can monitor our spreads through our spread charts that are updated in seconds. You can see when/if our spreads widen and you can monitor our performance
using the spread charts. If you select charts on any product you will see facility to find the type of chart you want. We are so confident of how tight and consistent our spreads
are we are prepared to publish them on a second by second basis to be transparent and open with our clients. Do you know of any of our competitors that do this?

Before you open a live account you are welcome to open a demo account. Please let me know if you use the demo system and your thoughts.

If you would like a more detailed explanation of the system then please let me know and I will arrange a one on one meeting for you. If you come into the office let me know and we can have a quick chat and coffee. I make a mean Nespresso and I am better looking than George Clooney ha ha.

good luck and please give feed back on this thread.

regards Peter

Hi Peter,

I have only just found this thread and think it's great that you are putting yourself out there to answer traders questions in person, uncommonly brave in fact.

I am personally interested to know more about CMC's new trading platform if that would be acceptable, as I used the download marketmaker platform some time ago, and for quite a while, and I had the following issues with it:
a) as I became profitable I got re-quoted on lower & lower value bets, until I could only bet £2/point on Dax & Dow
b) even before the above I got re-quoted a LOT
c) you mention fixed spreads on one of your earlier posts, however I have personally seen the spread on GBP/USD move to 30 pips for a few seconds leading up to UK economic news.

Again, all of the above was on the OLD platform - can you tell me if these "issues" have been resolved on your next generation platform? And whether it is worth me signing back up for an account?

I very much appreciate any information you can offer.

Kind regards,
Andy Hawes.

Re: Blackberry

Hi Mike
There is but it is not high priority. The team feel that with all the ipad/tablet type devices coming out that more and more people will use these for trading rather than smaller screen applications. will let you know when we expect to have the blackberry.

tks peter
Peter,

Are there any plans to extend your smartphone platform offerings to the Blackberry?

(Sorry if you have answered this already).

With thanks,
Mike

Spreadbetting is gambling (for tax purpose anyway). Is there any reason why your site does not have any information for problem traders/gamblers? Links to gamcare or gambleaware websites perhaps?

Hi Andy
Welcome to the thread and thanks for your words of support. it has been up and down on here but I feel that
as Executive Chairman, founder of the Company I should be accessible to clients and potential clients.
All responses are personally answered and typed by myself. so to answer your posting. (By the way thanks for taking the time appreciate it)

On next gen all prices and execution of bets, resting orders, limits and stops are generated electronically without dealer intervention.
There is no practice of clients being referred to dealers on their bets. The whole system is automatic. Because the process is automatic there is
no reading of client positions before a price is quoted.

The prices are generated electronically. Yes they can widen during extreme volatile periods but in general we try to keep spreads as tight as possible.
You can monitor our spreads through our spread charts that are updated in seconds. You can see when/if our spreads widen and you can monitor our performance
using the spread charts. If you select charts on any product you will see facility to find the type of chart you want. We are so confident of how tight and consistent our spreads
are we are prepared to publish them on a second by second basis to be transparent and open with our clients. Do you know of any of our competitors that do this?

Before you open a live account you are welcome to open a demo account. Please let me know if you use the demo system and your thoughts.

If you would like a more detailed explanation of the system then please let me know and I will arrange a one on one meeting for you. If you come into the office let me know and we can have a quick chat and coffee. I make a mean Nespresso and I am better looking than George Clooney ha ha.

good luck and please give feed back on this thread.

regards Peter

Dear Peter,

I currently do have a demo account on the new platform, though I hadn't seen the spreads charts on it before, that's an interesting concept though and I like the idea, I shall have a look at them today.
And no, I'm not aware of anyone else offering this facility at present.

You say "The prices are generated electronically" - so does that mean they are taken directly from the underlying market? And if so, how can you "try to keep spreads as tight as possible", as occasionally the underlying spreads must go to extremes, particularly during times of high volatility as you say.

I have lots more questions, and would really value a one on one meeting at your offices to increase my familiarity with the new platform. I will Private Message you with my contact details.

Regards,
Andy.

Hi Andy

Happy to have one on one meeting here in our offices to explain everything. Send me private message and will make sure you get the right person. also let me know when you are in and will say hi.

cheers peter
Dear Peter,

I currently do have a demo account on the new platform, though I hadn't seen the spreads charts on it before, that's an interesting concept though and I like the idea, I shall have a look at them today.
And no, I'm not aware of anyone else offering this facility at present.

You say "The prices are generated electronically" - so does that mean they are taken directly from the underlying market? And if so, how can you "try to keep spreads as tight as possible", as occasionally the underlying spreads must go to extremes, particularly during times of high volatility as you say.

I have lots more questions, and would really value a one on one meeting at your offices to increase my familiarity with the new platform. I will Private Message you with my contact details.

Regards,
Andy.

Hi 6am

Hope you are well.
Spread betting is classified as an investment product not a gambling activity, please seek independent professional advice if you require a fuller explanation.

tks peter

Spreadbetting is gambling (for tax purpose anyway). Is there any reason why your site does not have any information for problem traders/gamblers? Links to gamcare or gambleaware websites perhaps?

Hi 6am

Hope you are well.
Spread betting is classified as an investment product not a gambling activity, please seek independent professional advice if you require a fuller explanation.

tks peter
Hi Peter,

It always puzzled me why spreadbetting companies did not have links to responsible gamling sites. Your answer clarified this issue. Thank you for your answer.

Regards,

6am

Is there any chance of a real zoom feature on the charts? At the moment i am finding them impossible to use. An example:
If i want to look at a 1min chart with a couple of moving averages there seems to be no way i can format the chart to actually make use of it. If i set the chart to 1 min everything is soooo small i just cant see the bars let alone if the averages cross. Using the zoom increases the vertical height of the chart meaning all the bars are stretched and dissappear off the top/bottom of the chart. Draging the thing on the bottom to change the length of time displayed also changes the bars (so from 1 min to 10 seconds etc). It seems that regardless of what options you pick the chart will display x number of bars and if you cant actually see them then its tough.

Either a basic pan and zoom function or the ability to change how many bars are displayed would be really good.

i currently do have a demo account on the new platform, though i hadn't seen the spreads charts on it before, that's an interesting concept though and i like the idea, i shall have a look at them today.
And no, i'm not aware of anyone else offering this facility at present.

gft?

Hi 6am

Hope you are well.

tks peter
Really, I thought Spread Betting was categorized as gambling, therefore not taxable on an individual basis. Have I got it all wrong? CFDs on the other hand is categorized as financial instruments and therefore taxable.

thought this was spread bet thread. that's what I meant about competitors in spread bet industry which spread bet competitor has spread charts for all products. I honestly do not know so it is question really. but spread bet competitors.
pc

yeah they dont , but they have "spread charts" for FX and metals ...

hi mata nui
This feature will be in the next release of the charts. We will be allowing clients to lock the time interval so when a client zooms in using the scoller the candles will stay the same time period (i.e. 1 minute or 10 seconds)
Thanks for your feed back.
regards Peter

Is there any chance of a real zoom feature on the charts? At the moment i am finding them impossible to use. An example:
If i want to look at a 1min chart with a couple of moving averages there seems to be no way i can format the chart to actually make use of it. If i set the chart to 1 min everything is soooo small i just cant see the bars let alone if the averages cross. Using the zoom increases the vertical height of the chart meaning all the bars are stretched and dissappear off the top/bottom of the chart. Draging the thing on the bottom to change the length of time displayed also changes the bars (so from 1 min to 10 seconds etc). It seems that regardless of what options you pick the chart will display x number of bars and if you cant actually see them then its tough.

Either a basic pan and zoom function or the ability to change how many bars are displayed would be really good.

thought this was spread bet thread. that's what I meant about competitors in spread bet industry which spread bet competitor has spread charts for all products. I honestly do not know so it is question really. but spread bet competitors.
pc

what r u talking about ?! my comment was on Andy's comment not on your post , your competitors have fixed spreads why would they offer what u call "spread charts " ?

Status
Not open for further replies.