Climate Change

Should it start hotting up too quickly I suggest using a natural phenomonem to cool the planet. It is a bit drastic but if people like Trump won't cooperate it may be necessary in the future.

Last edited:
Should it start hotting up too quickly I suggest using a natural phenomiinem to cool the planet. It is a bit drastic but if people like Trump won't cooperate it may be necessary in the future.

It has to come from government. You and me using less water and electricity can't do it. The problem with government legislation is that there will be panic---too much in too little time.

Back in the 19th century there was a massive volcanic explosion which caused a rapid decrease in temperatures.
A huge amount of dust was ejected into the stratosphere. Well dropping a large bomb down an active volcano might cause the same result.

It could be. I've heard of people talking to themselves but I must be the first to post to himself. :eek:

Yes indeed and it is generally accepted that talking to your self or the wall or any inanimate object is fine.

Psychotic tendencies really start to come out when you start replying and holding conversations with oneself. :idea:

Did make me chuckle though. All the best (y)

I was wondering what Brumby's take on all this global warming is? Is he still lurking in these threads :rolleyes:

Back in the 19th century there was a massive volcanic explosion which caused a rapid decrease in temperatures.
A huge amount of dust was ejected into the stratosphere. Well dropping a large bomb down an active volcano might cause the same result.

That’s the sort of hopeful outcome that sounds like Brexit. Whoops! Wrong thread :LOL:

Worst is yet to come...

Did someone say in another 12 years?

Wasn't 2012 meant to be end of the World because they ran out of rock calendar?

Technically I'm supposed to retire in another 12 years assuming retirement age remains at 67.

This 12 is becoming quite a number. I think I'll add it to my lotto picks :cheesy:

139.jpg

climatechange-800x560.jpg

http://news.infoshop.org/climate-change/climate-change-the-basics/

Huge companies such as Shell and Exxon who trade in fossil fuels have deliberately funded campaigns of misinformation in order to try to preserve their method of generating profits.

RHS-Climate-Change-Report-Cover940x498.jpg

images

california-drought-desalination-2.jpg

images

Nijhuis-When-to-retreat-from-Climate-Change-2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Atilla, those photos make me think that 12 years is not an impossible figure, at all. It's not that the world is going to end, or that the human race will die out just like that. It is that the quality of life will go downhill and there will be no going back.

Atilla, those photos make me think that 12 years is not an impossible figure, at all. It's not that the world is going to end, or that the human race will die out just like that. It is that the quality of life will go downhill and there will be no going back.

I'm 12 years old in T2W years.

Do I remember 2006? Ño idea.

There is something about that number 12???

The world may not end but it sure is popping up in a lot of places. :)

I'm 12 years old in T2W years.

Do I remember 2006? Ño idea.

There is something about that number 12???

The world may not end but it sure is popping up in a lot of places. :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Wot another one? What are the chances we'll get 12 hurricanes this season?

Last edited:
Maybe it should be a criminal offence to wreck the planet.
So watch out dimwit in the White House.
We LOVE this planet and should act to save it.

YEAH
Someone HAS come up with an excellent solution to climate change effects. particularly desertification.
Please watch this and get back some hope.

Over the past 3 million years, Antarctica has melted completely and frozen again 60 times. Warm water crustacean fossils found in warm periods indicating prolonged periods of warm conditions.

Sure humans have influenced the cycle but definitely isn't responsible for it. There is nothing we can do about a cyclical melting of Antarctica. All we can do is try reduce its next arrival time. In any case in each inctance the oceans rose appropriately 23 feet which will submerge most costal towns and cities.

Over the past 3 million years, Antarctica has melted completely and frozen again 60 times. Warm water crustacean fossils found in warm periods indicating prolonged periods of warm conditions.

Sure humans have influenced the cycle but definitely isn't responsible for it. There is nothing we can do about a cyclical melting of Antarctica. All we can do is try reduce its next arrival time. In any case in each inctance the oceans rose appropriately 23 feet which will submerge most costal towns and cities.

What we can do in the name of climate change is tax billions of hard working taxpayers then squander it on 1st class travel to places like Davos/G8/UN etc where we can tell governments to carry on increasing taxes on hard working tax payers before flying off on a luxury cruise or back to tropical Island hideouts or such like.

The day politics is removed from the climate change agenda is the day I'll start listening, until then it's all bullsh!t designed to make the rich richer.

I feel sorry for Mother nature having to deal with our detritus, there will be no end to it until politicians are removed from the equation or until we are all poisoned by plastic, I fear the latter will arrive before the former.

What we can do in the name of climate change is tax billions of hard working taxpayers then squander it on 1st class travel to places like Davos/G8/UN etc where we can tell governments to carry on increasing taxes on hard working tax payers before flying off on a luxury cruise or back to tropical Island hideouts or such like.

The day politics is removed from the climate change agenda is the day I'll start listening, until then it's all bullsh!t designed to make the rich richer.

I feel sorry for Mother nature having to deal with our detritus, there will be no end to it until politicians are removed from the equation or until we are all poisoned by plastic, I fear the latter will arrive before the former.
No doubt mother nature will eventually remove us all be it through a virus mutation, asteroid, polar shift, droughts, etc. That is if we don't remove ourselves first. In any case the earth will reset and start again. You only need to look at the technology we can't match in ancient giant megalithic stone with clear evidence of technology we don't even possess today to understand that we have been advanced before a reset took us back to the stone age.

I hear on the news that the 16 year old Swedish schoolgirl who encouraged the protests ( peaceful ones hopefully ) is here in Britain today to lecture some parliamentary MPs.
Could take along our own 12 year old too...……..