Climate Change

Ivor Cummins explaining the facts with his usual clear and calm delivery.
The website he refers to is this one: Co2 Coalition Enjoy . . .

3% of 0.04% doesn't sound like much but when a system is delicately balanced, a seemingly minuscule addition can still have a very significant and cumulative effect, especially if it occurs quickly.

The 0.04% total includes a 40-50% rise (from pre-industrial levels) caused entirely by us.

I'm aware that CO2 levels have fluctuated (and been much higher) over the centuries, but this recent rise seems to be happening a lot more quickly than happens naturally. I think, in terms of upsetting the scales, the concentration may be less significant than the rate of change of concentration. Only time will tell, I guess.

The grain of sand / bridge analogy is amusing but it's a bit like denying antibiotics to someone infected by a nasty strain of bacteria because they're so tiny.

I'm open to arguments from both sides by people with relevant qualifications, research and experience, but still think caution in the use of fossil fuels is wise and very possibly necessary.

Meanwhile Alan Jones should stick to vocations at which he excels such as racism, misogyny and taking cash for comment. Meow!

Last edited:
3% of 0.04% doesn't sound like much but when a system is delicately balanced, a seemingly minuscule addition can still have a very significant and cumulative effect, especially if it occurs quickly.

The 0.04% total includes a 40-50% rise (from pre-industrial levels) caused entirely by us.

I'm aware that CO2 levels have fluctuated (and been much higher) over the centuries, but this recent rise seems to be happening a lot more quickly than happens naturally. I think, in terms of upsetting the scales, the concentration may be less significant than the rate of change of concentration. Only time will tell, I guess.

The grain of sand / bridge analogy is amusing but it's a bit like denying antibiotics to someone infected by a nasty strain of bacteria because they're so tiny.

I'm open to arguments from both sides by people with relevant qualifications, research and experience, but still think caution in the use of fossil fuels is wise and very possibly necessary.

Meanwhile Alan Jones should stick to vocations at which he excels such as racism, misogyny and taking cash for comment. Meow!

There's no balance or debate allowed in any topic these days. People seem to accept whatever they are fed, without even bothering to do their own research.

Which is quite bizarre given that we are supposed to live in the "information age". More like the disinformation age !

Yes it is impressive that so many people deny climate change just because they don't like it.
Often the consipiracy theory is more interesting than the mainstream one.
Mybe being a contrarian youtuber is more rewarding than being "mainstream"
Last sunday I made a trip to Stelvio pass, the glacier that used to be there 10 years ago is completely gone :(
Maybe is just natural fuctuations, maybe our lifespan is too short...

Yes it is impressive that so many people deny climate change just because they don't like it.
Often the consipiracy theory is more interesting than the mainstream one.
Mybe being a contrarian youtuber is more rewarding than being "mainstream"
Last sunday I made a trip to Stelvio pass, the glacier that used to be there 10 years ago is completely gone :(
Maybe is just natural fuctuations, maybe our lifespan is too short...

It's not a question of denying something because they don't like it.

Climate scientists are not altruistic, nor do they work for free. So as always, follow the money, see who is funding their work and you might well find that the climate change agenda is anything but a balanced look at whatever is going on. It is almost certainly the case that unless you are on board with the agenda, that you will not get funding. In other words..... it's all biased.

This point has been put to you many times. We are still waiting for an answer.

We are still waiting for an answer.
What is the question?
Is everything a conspiracy? I think no.
Is the majority of scientits being corrupted? I think no.

Of course scientists are paid to do research, with your logic every scientific theory is fake.
I am graduated in chemistry so I consider myself a scientist, I am not paid neither to believe neither to deny climate change.
According to my education and my observations it makes perfect sense.

Last edited:
Hi frugi,
I wonder how many climate scientists would turn their noses up at homeopathy on the grounds that such insignificant quantities of 'medicine' can't possibly have any effect on the human body. These same people seem quite happy to apply the same homeopathic principle to the climate and then, on the strength of it, make unfounded allegations that it causes wild fires, floods, hurricanes and glacier melts etc.

To support your claim that the quantities are not important and that it's rate of change of CO2 concentration that's causing climate change - you'll need to provide some evidence. There's none that I've seen that's based on the scientific method*. That got thrown out of the window when it comes to climate change and, needless to say, Covid. In its place, we're given GIGO computer models of the sort that Prof. Neil Ferguson gave us at the start of the pandemic. They are all less than useless. To impose poverty and misery upon millions of people on the strength of such models from scientists who, often as not, are funded by those who stand to benefit from climate change - is as insane as it is corrupt.

Man made climate change IS the conspiracy!
Tim.
* Hypothesis > method > experiment > results > conclusion > peer review / debate / reproduction of results etc.
The Cruelty of the Scientific Method

Last edited:
Hi frugi,
I wonder how many climate scientists would turn their noses up at homeopathy on the grounds that such insignificant quantities of 'medicine' can't possibly have any effect on the human body. These same people seem quite happy to apply the same homeopathic principle to the climate and then, on the strength of it, make unfounded allegations that it causes wild fires, floods, hurricanes and glacier melts etc.

To support your claim that the quantities are not important and that it's rate of change of CO2 concentration that's causing climate change - you'll need to provide some evidence. There's none that I've seen that's based on the scientist method*. That got thrown out of the window when it comes to climate change and, needless to say, Covid. In its place, we're given GIGO computer models of the sort that Prof. Neil Ferguson gave us at the start of the pandemic. They are all less than useless. To impose poverty and misery upon millions of people on the strength of such models from scientists who, often as not, are funded by those who stand to benefit from climate change - is as insane as it is corrupt.

Man made climate change IS the conspiracy!
Tim.
* Hypothesis > method > experiment > results > conclusion > peer review / debate / reproduction of results etc.
The Cruelty of the Scientific Method

Great link.(y)

What is the question?
Is everything a conspiracy? I think no.
Is the majority of scientits being corrupted? I think no.

Of course scientists are paid to do research, with your logic every scientific theory is fake.
I am graduated in chemistry so I consider myself a scientist, I am not paid neither to believe neither to deny climate change.
According to my education and my observations it makes perfect sense.

So the point is. Who is funding all this, "so called", research?

I'm minded of the famous quote. Build it and they will come.

Now lets change just one word. Fund it and they will come.

You can get whatever results you like if you are the one paying the bill.

Forget global warming, climate change for a second. We all know that pollution is a massive issue, so instead of arguing among ourselves , why are we not sticking it to China and India where pollution is orders of magnitude higher than in the West?

Forget global warming, climate change for a second. We all know that pollution is a massive issue, so instead of arguing among ourselves , why are we not sticking it to China and India where pollution is orders of magnitude higher than in the West?
100% agree on this point.
1% of UK or Italy is nothing but US+EU+Japan is a significant part and we can work on that.
I think India should be exempted, like african countries.
China is the elephant in the room but thy can't be trusted and neither influenced.

Last edited:
The June-July-August (JJA) season for 2023 was the warmest on record globally by a large margin, with an average temperature of 16.77°C, 0.66°C above average. The European-average temperature for summer was 19.63°C, which at 0.83°C above average, was the fifth warmest for the summer season

I believe that Sweden is currently leading the way towards carbon neutrality better than anyone else

Watch the Game-Changing New Film That Explodes Climate Change and Net Zero Lies

"A potentially game-changing film on the fraudulent climate change narrative and the collectivist Net Zero project hits global social media screens today. “Climate change is an invented scare of self-interest and snobbery, cynically promoted by a parasitic, publicly-funded establishment hungry for power and money,” says writer Martin Durkin.

As 'Stewart' wryly comments btl: "'Science' is used primarily to launder ideology." How true that is!

Last edited:
Interesting films about global warming and its impacts on the planet.
Filmmaker Davis Guggenheim follows Al Gore on the lecture circuit, as the former presidential candidate campaigns to raise public awareness of the dangers of global warming and calls for immediate action to curb its destructive effects on the environment.

And another one:

This film is a journey by Leonardo DiCaprio around the world to study and document the impact of climate change on our planet. It explores various aspects of the issue, including melting ice caps, depletion of natural resources, and other environmental problems, and calls for coordinated efforts to combat climate change

Filmmaker Davis Guggenheim follows Al Gore on the lecture circuit, as the former presidential candidate campaigns to raise public awareness of the dangers of global warming and calls for immediate action to curb its destructive effects on the environment.
Matt,
Please watch the film I posted. Once you've done that, please explain why you still believe the lies being told by the grifters who profit from this scam rather than proper scientists using real world empirical data that proves without a doubt that man made climate change is a myth. There's literally no evidence for it at all. Zilch, none, nada.
Tim.

. . . It explores various aspects of the issue, including melting ice caps, depletion of natural resources, and other environmental problems, and calls for coordinated efforts to combat climate change
Matt,
I have news for you: the ice caps aren't melting. If you want to know the inconvenient truth that blasts these lies out of the freezing water, I recommend you read, mark, learn and inwardly digest the facts presented in this series of articles by Chris Morrison. Enjoy . . .

The Real Inconvenient Truth: Arctic Sea Ice Has Grown Since 2012
Dramatic Recovery in Global Sea Ice Confounds the Net Zero Catastrophists
Melting Ice Caps and World on Fire vs The Reality

So, the ice caps aren't melting after all, the polar bears aren't on the verge of extinction - they're flourishing - along with the penguins. It's all nonsense designed to instill fear and sow compliance so that we spend thousands on heat pumps that don't work and eat bugs instead of steak and stay in our cold homes rather than swanning around the world like Leonardo DiCaprio having an absolute blast.
Tim.