classic tools or just news effect - is there any way to predict moves?

Kjell

Hei

Interested in your opinion - what is better to rely on in trading for you? Patterns? Tech analysis? News background?

Lately I have been experimenting a lot - I use several Expert Advisors (forex samurai robot, forex kickmax). I trade on the news. I started using the RSI + MA filter. Here are my conclusions:

1) I would not entrust my account to an Expert Adviser, but at the same time - with personal observation - it is quite possible. Samurai robot (H1) makes 2-4 trades per week and does not bother me much, makes a small contribution. Another adviser on m5 - I turned it off literally after 2 days. A lot of trades, very dangerous and just some kind of chaos in results.

2) Trading on the news (I found a device somewhere) - it’s clear that 50/50 - but in general I got a profit (I tried it 4 times, often I didn’t have time for the news - and I don’t use VPS. It turned out CPI, PPI and something else In general, 2 short TPs and one BE were taken.1 trade was in loss, but since the ratio of TP to SL on the news is 2 to 1, SL did not play a big role + part of the movement "eats" the gap from the price. Well, in any case, the TP/SL values were very small. I felt some pressure on myself :) I was afraid slipparage, but all went good.

3) RSI + MA: the most favorite way, I take the direction of the trend from H1 by EMA, based on the direction of the trend, I adjust the RSI (so that there are more entry points along the trend).

And as usual :) For me, the classics won, but everything is fine in the aggregate.

Profit to all, just thoughts out loud

I personally treat my EAs as semi-automated. If you find a good one, let it do it's thing, but check regularly and be ready to take over manually if bad trades are taken. There is no holly grail and market conditions are always changing.

The subject says "is there any way to predict moves?".

Yes, there is a technical indicator called MOVE. It can indicate market moves before they happen, it can further indicate when the market is in a move, and when it is in a retracement.

The subject says "is there any way to predict moves?".

Yes, there is a technical indicator called MOVE. It can indicate market moves before they happen, it can further indicate when the market is in a move, and when it is in a retracement.

Hi

Yes, there are plenty of indicators - but they can show you totally different picture :)
I didn't try move. Can you share it?

Searching for a way to predict moves is likely to disappoint. I only expect to be able to accurately predict what I will do, not what the market will do. And I only aim to be about 55% right.

Searching for a way to predict moves is likely to disappoint. I only expect to be able to accurately predict what I will do, not what the market will do. And I only aim to be about 55% right.

Agreed!
I suppose, by using SL twice less than TP and be able to catch at least 55% accuracy - would be great.
Main mistake is to use huge SL and catching small wins. Your eyes are happy to see many positive trades,
but single loss may wipe it all out :(

That was my main mistake :) But I did even more - I didn't use SL :) Anyway, it was many years ago while
my first steps in MT4 education :)

I personally treat my EAs as semi-automated. If you find a good one, let it do it's thing, but check regularly and be ready to take over manually if bad trades are taken. There is no holly grail and market conditions are always changing.

That's the best way to go. I suppose, clear EA is just myth. Even if someone makes it - brokers will find a way to disable it (IMHO). Buy who knows... most of the time we expect results too fast and give it up too early