City Index problems

Getting message...

error Ocurred while processing request

Error Diagnostic Information

"Request canceled or ignored by server. Server busy or unable to fulfill request. The server is unable to fulfill your request due to extremely high traffic or an unexpected internal error. Please attempt your request again (if you are repeatedly unsuccessful you should notify the site administrator).. (Location code 26)"

Phoned City and they expect system to be down for 1/2 hour.

Not impressed!

Its still down, i can get onto the front page but cant log in. Glad ive got more than one account, and there is always the phone.

Unfortunately it will happen to everyone at some stage. There's not a lot you can do about it. don't they have phone back up?

I use to have an account with them before they had the online facility, I day traded using the phone and found that and there overall service was very good.

I have not used them since as I moved to a lower spread company, that was the only downside I found with CityIndex.

It would seem the practicable thing to do when trading regularly to have more than one trading account so that you do not get left relying on the phone or no trading at all. The next issue is having more than one ISP so that again you cannot trade when it is down.

Unfortunately losing connection due to the broker/spreadbetting co or ISP will continue to happen all I would suggest is having other data available to allow you to monitor an open day trade position such as one of the free sites, bloomberg tv if trading an index and pre programme your phone to your broker for speed dialling. The alternative if faced with one of more of the above down then just don't trade and closed any open position.

These matters should all be considered when preparing your trading plan.

They did an upgrade over the weekend and seemed to have changed their interface. Could be this may be causing problems. I have logged in several times and it works for a few minutes then seems to go down.

They did an upgrade over the weekend and seemed to have changed their interface. Could be this may be causing problems. I have logged in several times and it works for a few minutes then seems to go down.

They informed their customers by way of putting the message on the platform page, the very page where you put your details in to log in. You must have seen it???? The posts you are replying to here are from FEB 2004, did you see that??:LOL:

The platform was back up on saturday night and therefore should have full access trading from 21:30 sunday night(GMT) as expected.

If you are having problems this morning then ring them. Everything is good my end.