China vs us

if u think of how the British Empire came to an end then its cirtainly possibble China can become a superpower.

lets start practising mandarin:)

hardly the same, britain went bankrupt fighting ze germans and could no longer maintain the empire, they then handed the rains over to America (a former colony) none of this apply s in china's case. Who is america going to loose a war to? no one..and if anyone says afgahn im gona hunt you down!

hardly the same, britain went bankrupt fighting ze germans and could no longer maintain the empire, they then handed the rains over to America (a former colony) none of this apply s in china's case. Who is america going to loose a war to? no one..and if anyone says afgahn im gona hunt you down!

it doesnt have to be the same, and Britain didnt exactly lose the war.

America doesnt hav to lose in Afghan or Iraq, but considering that they aint leaving soon, that prolongation of the war might hurt them. And any altercation with Iran or N Korea is not to be discounted.

How much gold is left in America's vaults anyone ?

what exactly is China going to do with all those $USD reserves.

Is the EU a dark horse, i heard Iran & China favour the Euro as a replacement for the $USD

it doesnt have to be the same, and Britain didnt exactly lose the war.

America doesnt hav to lose in Afghan or Iraq, but considering that they aint leaving soon, that prolongation of the war might hurt them. And any altercation with Iran or N Korea is not to be discounted.

How much gold is left in America's vaults anyone ?

what exactly is China going to do with all those $USD reserves.

Is the EU a dark horse, i heard Iran & China favour the Euro as a replacement for the $USD

This is an interesting debate and quite a few well informed views.

The one thing that confuses me is why would the U.S really be worried about gold rising as they have the largest reserves.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_gold_reserves

....They will keep revaluing their economy....If they just trade with basket of countries like India, Africa and Far east, that in itself with cover probably cover substantial people mass....

Possibly but as most of the Chinese products are exported to the West then if the west collapses so does a large part of Chinese business and it would not be easily absorbed by other nations.

I also doubt very much that China would prefer the Euro to the USD because they hold so much in USD that if a change was made their USD reserves would collapse in value. Also they will not be able to offload what they have easily at all as everyone would know what is happening.

Paul

Just look at the military spending of US.....also look at trade export balance. Over decades, US has relied on Chinese to produce and supply goods at peanut prices to keep consumers happy....And this is despite concerns of Chinese human rights....!

Also look at the wealth gap...the charts are parallel...

World's largest middle class of the world, with spending clout...

Chinese will probably not ditch the USD, as too much is at stake....But will continue to supply the US with cheap produce, but will throw tit bits of incntives to keep the US happy...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8363952.stm

Update

maplarge.jpg

Just look at the military spending of US.....also look at trade export balance. Over decades, US has relied on Chinese to produce and supply goods at peanut prices to keep consumers happy....And this is despite concerns of Chinese human rights....!

Also look at the wealth gap...the charts are parallel...

World's largest middle class of the world, with spending clout...

Chinese will probably not ditch the USD, as too much is at stake....But will continue to supply the US with cheap produce, but will throw tit bits of incntives to keep the US happy...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8363952.stm

its that military spending that means the US will not fade away. NO country on earth could ever challenge America's supremacy and untill that happens i really dont see china taking over.

If US and China are two stocks, which one is on a strong uptrend and the other on downtrend/consolidation? Which one has more upside potential to long?

its debatable if china is in a strong uptrend, those gdp figures are more creative than spielberg

its debatable if china is in a strong uptrend, those gdp figures are more creative than spielberg

I've been told gold is not in a strong uptrend either, sooner or later it will collapse, like one of the countries mentioned.:)

its that military spending that means the US will not fade away. NO country on earth could ever challenge America's supremacy and untill that happens i really dont see china taking over.

...What challenge will be there if house is of a pauper...?

...Who would want to control US if it is on plank..?

...For that matter who would want to control or assault on a country that has nothing..?

I've been told gold is not in a strong uptrend either, sooner or later it will collapse, like one of the countries mentioned.:)

Bubbles will always burst, but it is fun while you are on the gravy train....it's just knowing when to get out...

Now that is a challenge for learned amongst us who has read a book..!

i fail to see how it is the beginning of the end. I would love to here your theory on how the most powerful nation on earth will just dissapear into the shadows? If it did it would take a LONG time to happen, US aint going no where soon.

A couple of hundred years is nothing. A mere drop in the ocean of history.

All I'm saying is that this is the beginning of the end of USD dominance, and this is extremely good news for developing countries like India and Brazil, not to mention the rest of the world.

Regd. USD, things are already rolling:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/paulson-co-to-launch-gold-fund-2009-11-18

Frankly, its been a scandal to let the USD dictate terms for so long. Eyes of the rest of the world are opening now (especially the hungrier, developing world) and its never too late!

More innovation and corporate/business building is happening outside the US, creating a more balanced economic environment.

......Some good things have come out of US...like....Harley...Star Trek....Intel....Apple.....Spielberg....Lucas...Brando...

...Whisky is crap....Food is crap....Beer is crap...and unlike Brits, they don't like curry....Now that is sacrilege...!

seeing that military spending bankrupted Britain during world war 2, which was the major cause of the end of the British empire, and noting that America chipped in last minute(after Pearl Harbour- am not sure bout how much USA was providing in terms of loans and equipment to Britain) im am asking myself how military spending affects USA?

its also safe to say that whilst the big boys(Britain, Germany, Russia) were squabbling for supremacy ( Empire building , battle for Europe,colonising the rest of the world) , USA was busy watchin in the shadows like a dark horse, and slipped in to the power vacuum.

i might be wrong, but right now America is in a huge fight with Islam. Those Arab boys are sitting on some major oil, and America has a large appetite !.Somebodys going to fill that power vacuum.

i dont trust the EU. Blair & Gordon know something. i dont trust that midget Sarkozy :LOL: and his friend Merkel(Germany's a sleeping giant). That Sarkozy has Napoleonistic behaviour which i dont like:cheesy:

A couple of hundred years is nothing. A mere drop in the ocean of history.

All I'm saying is that this is the beginning of the end of USD dominance, and this is extremely good news for developing countries like India and Brazil, not to mention the rest of the world.

Regd. USD, things are already rolling:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/paulson-co-to-launch-gold-fund-2009-11-18

Frankly, its been a scandal to let the USD dictate terms for so long. Eyes of the rest of the world are opening now (especially the hungrier, developing world) and its never too late!

More innovation and corporate/business building is happening outside the US, creating a more balanced economic environment.

im not saying america's day in the sun wont end, ofcourse it will. just dont think its going to be anytime soon thats all.