Cheap Spread betting sites

sefty

Ok so its a while since i was last here. The last time in fact was 01/07/2002. And back then you could trade at Finspreads for a 1p a point on the dow. Great for training purposes and like me for playing at it for a bit of fun.
So heres the rub. I need to find another spread betting firm thats willing to let me do trading at low figures. I ain't about to put £500 in an account to cover the Margin.
Also i need the practise to get back to where i was.

Hope i find all you old boys still trading using your TA and remember the days when i and Iceman started up a live trading room on IRC. How i miss those days.

anyway enough of the harping on. Get those ideas on spread beting companys to me soon as.

Sefty

:confused:

1p == virtual?

Hi Sefty

I have accounts with FXCM, IG, Finspreads, D4F and Capital Spreads.

If you want to get back into the swing, then I would recommend Capital Spreads - they have a nice simple (flash-based) trading interface and you can open a virtual account in minutes :p

Steve

Sefty

Glad to see you back in the fold. I too can recommend Capital Spreads. Although Finspreads was good for training at 1p per point, emotionally it is no better than a virtual account, and Capital have an easy to use interface where the simulated trading matches the actual. Also the margin required can be as low as a £100 and if you dont wish to risk £1 per point they will operate it as a $ account (on request) which brings it down to about 60p per point. They will place a stop at the level of your deposit, but you should then amend this to what your comfortable with relative to the instrument your trading.

Best wishes

John

c6ackp said:
I would recommend Capital Spreads - they have a nice simple (flash-based) trading interface and you can open a virtual account in minutes :p

Steve

Steve
You say Capital Spreads has a flash based trading platform, do you know if this would work through a firewall? I have accounts with Finspreads and Cantor but both are now java applications which are blocked by my office firewall, meaning I can only trade from home, a couple of hours each evening.

Thanks

Dave

Firewall

Dave

I also have accounts with these companies. You should find that you don't have to disable your firewall with Cap Spreads (unlike IG etc.)

I run Norton plus a couple of Spyware programs. Never had any problems.

starspacer said:
Dave

I also have accounts with these companies. You should find that you don't have to disable your firewall with Cap Spreads (unlike IG etc.)

I run Norton plus a couple of Spyware programs. Never had any problems.

Thanks I'll give them a try,

Dave :)

Use CS or AC to get around java/firewall issues

Dave1971 said:
Steve
You say Capital Spreads has a flash based trading platform, do you know if this would work through a firewall? I have accounts with Finspreads and Cantor but both are now java applications which are blocked by my office firewall, meaning I can only trade from home, a couple of hours each evening.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave

I had the same trouble. Flash seems to get around the firewall problem. CS + AC (ac-markets.com - fx only) are now the only platforms which get through the firewall here.

Regards,
Steve

c6ackp said:
Hi Dave

I had the same trouble. Flash seems to get around the firewall problem. CS + AC (ac-markets.com - fx only) are now the only platforms which get through the firewall here.

Regards,
Steve

Thanks Steve

I have opened a demo account with CS, which seems to work fine, good response times etc. Only problem I have is not being able to open their charts, which brings me onto another question, but it's off thread so I'll post it on a new one.

Dave