Cheap Data feed and Charting software

Old Man

Hi, I am looking for a cheaper data feed for Forex and some decent charting software that would support it.
I am gently, softly softly, trading Forex and Indeces with IG Index and their software is OK but I am looking for something I can do back testing with and generally play around with.
Any info would be appreciated.:cool:

MetaTrader 4 charting/order-entry program is available from over a 100 fx brokers, a
few ?? of which (whom ?) also include indicies etc

I just installed ' Water House Capital's ' (Russian (IB ?) fx broker) MT4 demo which has
285 products - fx pairs + some indicies, futures and stocks -
click Menu/View/Market Watch then right click on list and click 'Show All'
Forex, Futures, CFD - "Water House Capital" - new generation of brokerage services. Best rates for trading on FOREX, FUTURES and STOCKS markets. - Water House Capital

MT4 includes the 'System Tester' utility to test 'Expert Advisors' - auto trading systems
not sure if there's any 'System Tester - testing' threads here on T2W but there are here:
Forex Forum, Forex Calendar, Forex News @ Forex Factory
Forex TSD| Metatrader Indicators and Experts Advisors

I'm still struggling to find a likeable cheap & cheerful charting + datafeed combo myself, but you could try:

ProRealTime : Real Time Technical Analysis Software - Nice and thin Java interface, free EOD, but intraday data can start to get expensive. Shame there's no delayed intraday data at reduced cost.

QuoteTracker - free, interesting interface, but you will need to marry it up with a data provider that suits

Ensign Software - Again you need a data feed provider on top of the software rental

NinjaTrader gets good reviews, but it seems more for strategy testing than charting to me. Actually, reading your post again it looks like you should give it a go ....!

Metatrader or Sierra Chart would be my choices (not necessarily in that order).

Spacejock can provide Forex charting as well and can be a good option to downloading the charts from the internet..