Charts & signals

bradleym

Greetings to you all,

I'm interested in proven charts and signals that actually work, than than chase signals all day and getting no where,its a given that there is no way we can guarantee whether to buy or sell, but some signal are better that others, so I would be interested in any feedback.

FTSE Intraday, 100, candle sticks, EMA set on a 3 and the other at 10, and stochastic all seems to be quite nice a pickeing up the trend change but often just afer trading either a buy or sell,the reversal happens and I'm stopped out.

Thanks

Brad.

I am new to trading have been trading for about 1 year and I am using Advanced GEt and Meta trader. On the signal from It's best to develop you own. I was also listening to a trader called Ali baptise she trades the for forex and she has a site that covers FTSE intraday and DAX intraday. I suggest it because its free. They have lots of free videos and infomation. better than paying for course to do the same thing

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe your STOPS aren't wide enough. Following reliable signals like the ones you have should result in you making millions but you must use wider stops whenever there is volatility otherwise you will keep getting stopped out. You don't need to know anything else..pretty coloured lines, magic numbers and wide stops is the secret. OK?

Brad - Take a sober approach when widening stops. Make sure your newly placed stops don't allow you to stay in making small profits just long enough to get wiped out by a big loss.

FTSE100 - Volatility and stops

I am just paper trading at the moment and am struggling with the volatility to make a judgement on stops which need to be about 25 from my entry. Does this sound ridiculous can any one else advise what they are using.:idea::idea::idea::confused:

I found it alot harder to paper trade than to trade in reality.. Now i do only small amounts. thing is.. what i'm learning now trading small amounts is sometimes i slip into getting emotional about it.. and then i stress and then i f**k up. its about doing the psychological work with myself that i'm finding interesting at the minute. i just use MA's and i draw wedges and draw the support lines and resistence lines and look at the general longer term trend.

My biggest downfall is not picking the best moments, and not realising where the entire day is going. i'm probably overtrading, i'm getting too involved with that particular moment in time and not realising that theres other moments.

Greetings to you all,

I'm interested in proven charts and signals that actually work, than than chase signals all day and getting no where,its a given that there is no way we can guarantee whether to buy or sell, but some signal are better that others, so I would be interested in any feedback.

FTSE Intraday, 100, candle sticks, EMA set on a 3 and the other at 10, and stochastic all seems to be quite nice a pickeing up the trend change but often just afer trading either a buy or sell,the reversal happens and I'm stopped out.

Thanks

Brad.

Hi Brad

I been trading the ftse far to long (not really), without making life difficult, it can be simple, therefore KISS, everything you need to know is on here, just a matter of looking around, reading, trying and testing, when something works back test it. I trade very successfully using only 2 indicators and make 3 or 4 trades a day only, I have seen some fantastic charts posted by some chartist (have a look on the dow indices thread), for me, its far to complicated to read. Trading doesn't have to be difficult, the trader makes it difficult for themselves.