charting with independent y axes

anarchocaps

hi all, not sure if this is the right part of the forum to place this...

I am using a few free charting software tools. To compare multiple tickers with them, they start all of the chart lines at the origin and show each line as a percentage relative to this starting point. I am after charting software that allows an independent plotting of each ticker that can be dragged vertically to make the lines from each ticker overlap if desired. I hope this makes sense... I want to see each line plotted in its own price, not a percentage relative to the starting point of the chart. Thanks in advance for any help!

hi all, not sure if this is the right part of the forum to place this...

I am using a few free charting software tools. To compare multiple tickers with them, they start all of the chart lines at the origin and show each line as a percentage relative to this starting point. I am after charting software that allows an independent plotting of each ticker that can be dragged vertically to make the lines from each ticker overlap if desired. I hope this makes sense... I want to see each line plotted in its own price, not a percentage relative to the starting point of the chart. Thanks in advance for any help!

This kind of feature exists in Tradestation. I have plotted two separate symbols on the same chart CELG and NVDA using different colours. For clarity I have placed the NVDA price axis on the left and the CELG price axis on the right.

However this trading platform is not free. There is a monthly subscription (waived if you make sufficient trades) and a minimum funding requirement to cover USA margin account requirements.

Attachments

• Multi symbol plot Tradestation.png
    Multi symbol plot Tradestation.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 270
thanks, Charlton for the response. This is what I am after, but I would like to do it with multiple tickers/indices. Is there a name for a chart like this that has each ticker plotted with its own y axis vs the type that google finance or stockcharts.com offers where all tickers start from the origin on the left side?

I may have to just use excel...

thanks again!

thanks, Charlton for the response. This is what I am after, but I would like to do it with multiple tickers/indices. Is there a name for a chart like this that has each ticker plotted with its own y axis vs the type that google finance or stockcharts.com offers where all tickers start from the origin on the left side?

I may have to just use excel...

thanks again!

Actually you can have as many symbols and/or indicators ss you like plotted on the same Tradestation chart. Up to 99 I think. The main problem would be seeing more than 2 or 3 on the same plot. Also in each Tradestation window you can have multiple charts and within each Tradestation desktop you have multiple windows. Also you can have multiple Tradestation desktops.