charting software

luke12345678

Hi,

I'm a complete beginner in the field of technical trading. Just finished reading my first book (Bollinger on Bollinger Bands). I'd like to play a bit with charts and see hot it works out, but not with real money. Would someone have any suggestions of a respectable free charting / technical software or maybe a demo account which could be opened with a brokerage firm???

Thanks in advance,
Luka

Hi,

I'm a complete beginner in the field of technical trading. Just finished reading my first book (Bollinger on Bollinger Bands). I'd like to play a bit with charts and see hot it works out, but not with real money. Would someone have any suggestions of a respectable free charting / technical software or maybe a demo account which could be opened with a brokerage firm???

Thanks in advance,
Luka

There are loads Luka
Pro real time, freestockcharts, most brokers will almost always have a demo of some sort to allow you to trial. Look around mate, take your pick

Hi,

Thanks in advance,
Luka

Luka,

Bolinger Bands is another lagging indicator. It is a good idea not to waste your time with such indicators like Bolinger Bands, Stochastics, etc. Hard to make any money with them.
Try to learn about basics: Support/Resisstance, A-B-C (also called P1-P2-P3) pattern, some acceptable Chart Patterns like Head and Shoulders, Double and Triple Tops and Bottoms, Channels, Trendlines...

Based on successful traders experience, the best software for trading Futures and Forex is Ninja Trader, I use it for Futures.
There is a FREE edition, link here
NinjaTrader stock, futures and forex charting software and online trading platform. Purchase.
Is coming with FREE End of Day Data.

Ninja Trader training here
NinjaTrader stock, futures and forex charting software and online trading platform. Support.

As type of chart I suggest to use Haiken Ashi (you will find it under indicators) for having on the charts less market noise.

There are a few hundred 3rd party Add-Ons
NinjaTrader stock, futures and forex charting software and online trading platform. NinjaTrader Partners.
just see what can be of interest for you. Some products are interesting, simple to use and no lagging, for example Price Tracker
NinjaTrader Indicators | NinjaTrader Custom Indicators | Indicators Ninjatrader

Last edited: