Charting for beginners

jimmydean

Afternoon all,

I am completely new to online trading but looking to change career paths from working in healthcare. Have always been interested in trading and finance. I would like to find out what the best source of information/tool for learning with regards to technical analysis and charting. Up until now I have been using ADVFN as a tool to chart my investment portfolios. Are they any books that you would recommend? Any advice is very much appreciated.

Jim :)

tags: charting, analysis, technical analysis, beginner, trading, chart, monitor

Last edited:
Hi,
All you need on charting is free here:
http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school
Don't expect that all you need is to learn technical analysis and you'll make money, because you won't.
Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply, appreciate the help. I understand that charting alone isn't going to bring in the money but it's one area I feel like I should develop a good knowledge on. I'm going to ask a fairly generic question... but what do you think is the best system for a beginner, like myself, to begin to understand the principles of the stock market? Already

I have no intention of investing any money anytime soon. I want to make sure I have done enough research to the point where I feel I am confident to make my first trade. Considering how much information and learning there is on trading that's not going to be for a while! Any pointers you can put my way I'd be very grateful.

Cheers,

Jim