Web based charting....

avgjoe

Hi all

Am a beginner to SB, looking to trade FTSE100 index and poosibly the Dow Jones.

I would be trading at work, so if possible require a web based charting tool that can do some TA (MACD, EMA, RSI etc).

Am happy to pay a monthly fee, but searches on google have led me to some pitiful sites that are hardly adequate to make decisions off. Any recommendations from experienced traders?

Regards

How about using a smartphone and a suitable program? I trade FX and use Metatrader on my HTC.

How about using a smartphone and a suitable program? I trade FX and use Metatrader on my HTC.

Yeah it could be an option, but I don't want to be staring at my phone all day lol - so thought that web based software might work best

Hi there

I tried that but get a message saying real time information is not available for that - so not much use for me. Thx anyway

not available for what?
DOW looks to be real time. Haven't tried FTSE yet.
I used to use it for stocks and SPX.
temp

edit: I guess you mean the FTSE - They dont seem to have that data.

what about just downloading a demo of a spredbet platform that uses java so that you dont have to download any programs, and it'll just run as a seperate application on your computer, or has it actually gotta be a web site that has charts etc?

what about just downloading a demo of a spredbet platform that uses java so that you dont have to download any programs, and it'll just run as a seperate application on your computer, or has it actually gotta be a web site that has charts etc?

TL, thats a good idea - but it seems that most SB providers only offer 15 min delayed charts? I'm looking for real time info that's browser based