Change to DOW Rules

Sharky

Staff
As more and more people are playing the Dow Competition we are finding it increasingly likely there will be multiple winners at the end of the month. Since Global Investor only sponsor the one winner, we can no longer send out prizes to multiple winners.

Therefore if members finish the competition with the same number of points, the winner will be determined on the following criteria - from top to bottom:

1. Winner will be member who has been most consistent - ie they have accrued points in the most weeks

2. Winner will be member who's lowest point week is greater than other members.

(Updated 21st Apr'04)
3. Winner will be the member who hasn't previously won the competition.

(Updated 21st Apr'04)
4. Winner will be the one who has been a member of T2W the longest.

Also in future we will only be able to ship books within the UK. Unfortunately if you're outside the UK, then we won't be able to send you the book unless you're willing to pay for the postage.

and the tie breaker ?

in 30 words or less, explain why you chose that value for the Dow ?

:LOL:

Sharky,

This week the Dow was closed on monday for the President`s Day holiday. As such shouldn`t the maximum points score be 4 rather than 5? After all there`s no more "skill" to judging the closing price on Friday, whether you enter the comp on either Monday or Tuesday.

There's never been any "skill" involved.....only pure luck.....!

(strictly speaking for myself here... :confused: )

Well done to g.j.a, dunlop and cardinal who all managed to acquire 15 points for the last DOW competition that ended last Friday. Unfortunately there can only be one winner, and on the current rules there was no way to distinguish the three players apart. So I've added a couple of extra rules (see above), which make g.j.a our April competition winner - congratulations! The trading book of your choice will be making its way over to you shortly.

Hi Sharky,

Please can you make me the winner out of the tie between me, Aggressive Saver and Sue Helen, since my name was registered before them. Anyway thats just a suggestion for you and can you please put up on this thread who is the winner of this months competition.

Many Thanks
Stephen

lti0087: The dow comp results have yet to be officially announce, will be shortly but the following player all got the top 15 points: skeltonr9, Iti0087, Minder, tradingintime, Bluewave, cardinal - the winner will be decided on the basis of the existing rules here: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=8346

Chicken Curry: I think it didn't rollover to the new comp probably because of the lost hour when the clocks went forward in the UK on Sun morning. I've not manually rolled it over, so you can start adding your entries - unfortunately we're now down to 4 points, but there's nothing I can do about that - just wish I'd spotted the problem earlier.