Change at the Top

Trading is a serious business not a game for students killing time

Well you have my excuse for spending time on a forum, what's yours? Do you want to give more lessons on the fear and greed aspect of mammoth institutional FX flows? Got more arguments on why you it's ridiculous to consider the fx rate in your lot sizing in spread trades? Why don't you stop following me around and vetting my posts like a flamey/trolling mod and maybe I'll drop you a few more tidbits from my coursework so you can learn wtf is actually going out there.

Show of hands, how many people ever have or ever will consider using t2w as a serious method of improving their approach to trading?

S'not really fair to imply -if you are, it seems you're doing but 'tis inet after all- that the rest of us have been nonsensical, ill presented and confrontational.

Aside from policing, there's not really much in the way of feedback between t2w and members. There's a bit of a culture of not taking life too seriously around here and obviously this doesn't go down well with some of the more erm.. 'cardigan' mambers/staff. As with everything in life, it's really a case of horses for courses. Microcosm, bumping heads blah blah.

You have to understand that there's more than a bit of frustration among members for various reason I'm sure I don't have to explain to you so a little venting is inevitable. Most of us here are not idiots so you can choose to focus on delivery method of messages or the explicit and sometimes implied/contextual content.

All anyone really wants to know is what your views are. What do you think is right and wrong with the place? What you're planning to do? These types of things. It's all a bit vague at the moment, you have to admit.Personally, I'd have though that this would have been a natural and logical starting point for introduction but you and Sheezy chose to go down the personal route which is understandable. The problem is the very cynical membership see this as a detraction - which I honestly don't believe it is but hey ho.

:love:

Thanks for making these points. I agree that the communication between T2W and members leaves a lot to be desired and that has to change.

I think that not only is a little venting inevitable, it can often be a good thing. But it can go too far and breach what would be considered by any reasonable person as a decent way of behaving. This isn't about policing, it is about finding out what the right parameters are, getting them agreed (as far as you can ever get these things agreed) and then trying to work within them while still getting your points across. I have seen this work in other communities and I can't see why we can't make it work here.

Yes I'll freely admit that my intentions are a bit vague at the moment and that I have not yet revealed what I am planning to do. There's no agenda to this. I have only been in the job a few days and whilst I did a great deal of preparation I have not had chance (until now) to engage with the community and that's an important missing link.

It has already been predicted that there will be 'jam tomorrow' statements and not very much will happen. There's no point in me making this prediction come true by making a hasty post listing all the things I think are right and wrong along with a wish list of things I would like to do.

This does not mean that I am not going to say anything for months on end, all I want to do is carry on seeing what people think. I'll do this by responding to helpful posts of the like we have seen very recently and dealing with the very helpful feedback and suggestions I am receiving by email.

So I must ask you all to bear with me for a short while longer and then i'll start posting about how I see things developing and where my priorities lie.

Show of hands, how many people ever have or ever will consider using t2w as a serious method of improving their approach to trading?

I originally checked out t2w probably a decade ago, and if memory serves me correctly, probably on the recommendation of bbmac.

Logically, you wouldn't join a forum unless you thought there might be something of benefit from doing so. I guess at one point, I did think it might be beneficial, but I probably knew a lot less then than I do now.

I dont really need to elaborate on my thoughts regarding the current state of affairs at t2w, everyone know my position, but it wasn't always like this. t2w had real strengths as well as weaknesses. With the exception of one or two threads, they've always been weak on methods and strategy design. They where however strong in other areas, and arguably stronger in much more important areas. I can still occasionally read posts here that provide real insight, and there are still one or two members with considerable depth of knowledge, that are approachable, and willing to share.

Everyone has to start somewhere, and the basic mechanical aspects are certainly covered here at t2w. I'm a little biased in that I believe ALL trading forums are detrimental to a traders progress, so for me the question has to be are t2w worse than anyone else. The answer to that question will be very personal, and for some the answer will be yes, and for others no. Figuring this stuff out is all part of the journey.

Fair enough, Steve. I think we all just assumed that plans of action had/have already been made and that your role would simply be one of application. Obviously the "problems" that we all know are very subjective to perception and perspective so I maybe the fix won't be as instantaneous as some of think it could/should be.

I'll look forward to finally seeing an answer as to what T2W's problems are.

I would show my hand but..

lHqgB.gif

Most come here with good intentions just as they do with teh trading, 95% then just stay for lulzy encounters of the third kind

spose 2 quote teh scose but didn't coz i iz dumbed ass

Last edited:
Thanks for making these points. I agree that the communication between T2W and members leaves a lot to be desired and that has to change.

I think that not only is a little venting inevitable, it can often be a good thing. But it can go too far and breach what would be considered by any reasonable person as a decent way of behaving. This isn't about policing, it is about finding out what the right parameters are, getting them agreed (as far as you can ever get these things agreed) and then trying to work within them while still getting your points across. I have seen this work in other communities and I can't see why we can't make it work here.

Yes I'll freely admit that my intentions are a bit vague at the moment and that I have not yet revealed what I am planning to do. There's no agenda to this. I have only been in the job a few days and whilst I did a great deal of preparation I have not had chance (until now) to engage with the community and that's an important missing link.

It has already been predicted that there will be 'jam tomorrow' statements and not very much will happen. There's no point in me making this prediction come true by making a hasty post listing all the things I think are right and wrong along with a wish list of things I would like to do.

This does not mean that I am not going to say anything for months on end, all I want to do is carry on seeing what people think. I'll do this by responding to helpful posts of the like we have seen very recently and dealing with the very helpful feedback and suggestions I am receiving by email.

So I must ask you all to bear with me for a short while longer and then i'll start posting about how I see things developing and where my priorities lie.

I think one of the main matters that must be addressed is the vendor question, and this has been widely acknowledged. I was surprised at the anger shown over the recent partner offer, so perhaps feelings about this run deeper than I thought.

When you get a chance, I really do think it would be very interesting to hear your answer to the question I asked, as presumably it will have a considerable effect on policy. I think the membership would like to know and, given one or two events in the past, perhaps deserve to know.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/t2w-announcements/154300-change-top-2.html#post1921796

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/t2w-announcements/154300-change-top-3.html#post1922184

There have been allegations that certain vendors have made false claims in their marketing in order to convince potential customers of their expertise and prowess, thereby making it more likely that those customers will be converted from potential to actual by forking over sheets in return for the said vendors' products and services.

Put simply, it has been alleged that untruths have been told in order to get people to part with their money.

In your view, as a magistrate, is this (or is this likely to be) fraud? I would be interested in your views both legal and ethical.

To give an example, let us say I am a vendor. I claim to make my living from trading (in order to convince potential customers that I can do what I teach), but in fact this is not true and I make my living not from trading - because I can't - but rather from taking money off people in return for teaching them alleged trading skills. I have told them a lie in order to get them to part with their money, and of course it is a lie of great import. If I said to potential customers "I cannot trade - pay me to teach you how to trade" I would receive very few enquiries, I think.

So am I in this instance committing fraud in your opinion? Is what I am doing wrong according to your personal ethical standards?

It would also be interesting to know the answer to this question:

Can you tell us whether you are profitable or not, and if so is trading your primary source of income? Or to put it another way, are you a professional trader?

If you prefer not to answer that is fine, although it would perhaps be good to explain why.

I would guess that if Steve has come in as CEO, then he has a plan and knows how to implement it, otherwise there'd not be much point in taking the job. As the 'CEO' title implies, T2W is a business and his responsibility is to monetize it as effectively as possible for the owners/shareholders. To do that you need to maximise advertising revenues which means the way will be cleared for vendors and if a few obstreperous old members have to be thrown out then so be it especially as the lulz are probably offputting for many of the newbies on whom the revenue generators (advertisers) depend.

So my guess is that the site will be revamped for beginners with the useful threads indexed, archived and tidied up (as our content is T2W's property) anyone posting for lulz or being stroppy (ie everyone on this thread) being banned, and vendors positively encouraged. Or have I got that wrong Steve?

So my guess is that the site will be revamped for beginners with the useful threads indexed, archived and tidied up (as our content is T2W's property) anyone posting for lulz or being stroppy (ie everyone on this thread) being banned, and vendors positively encouraged. Or have I got that wrong Steve?

I think that's whats called a rhetorical question :LOL:

However, on a side issue, the issue of our content being t2w's property is precisely why I and several others simply will not post anything remotely of value. Its irrelevant really because they probably wouldn't publish it anyway as it wouldn't be in their commercial interests to do so.

I hope none of the t2w boys play poker :LOL:

Seems I'm a bit slow and everyone's reached the same conclusion already over on Scose's thread.

I think the 2 exceptions are Timsk and Barjon, so either they know something we dont, or they are completely deluded !

I really do hope I'm proved to be wrong, and I'll happily accept the public ridicule of making an incorrect call, but I am quietly confidant that the boot will be on the other foot (not that I'll get to gloat cos I'll be history by then)

I think that's whats called a rhetorical question :LOL:

However, on a side issue, the issue of our content being t2w's property is precisely why I and several others simply will not post anything remotely of value. Its irrelevant really because they probably wouldn't publish it anyway as it wouldn't be in their commercial interests to do so.

I hope none of the t2w boys play poker :LOL:

You can always edit your content and overwrite it with tosh

I think the 2 exceptions are Timsk and Barjon, so either they know something we dont, or they are completely deluded !

I really do hope I'm proved to be wrong, and I'll happily accept the public ridicule of making an incorrect call, but I am quietly confidant that the boot will be on the other foot (not that I'll get to gloat cos I'll be history by then)

...and if you're not proved wrong I'll be history too :D

I doubt you'll go. If recent events didn't trigger a crisis of conscience then nothing will.

You cant really make promises such as tending your resignation without putting some flesh on the bones. Ive been quite open about what I mean by worse although I acknowledge that my "worse" probably equates to many other peoples "better"

So what exactly does the new t2w have to look like to meet with your approval. Conversely what would it have to look like before you resigned.

Jon, would you have a crack at this question? Not the one about trading successfully, but what you would personally view as fraud. I'm interested to find out where people stand on something like that. It seems to be a matter that could have quite far-reaching implications.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/t2w-announcements/154300-change-top-9.html#post1925270

Interesting that the discussion has taken this turn. I thought of predicting the possible demise of Barjon if things work out the way I (and obviously a few others) expect. But I think you'll jump rather than be pushed. I imagine it can be a strain at times.

..................... what would it have to look like before you resigned.....................

Dear, dear, hare, I would have thought you could set me a stiffer challenge :).That one is so, so easy - it would have to look just as you keep forecasting (what happened to your random entry style :)) it will look like. And/or when the "underhand, despicable, disgraceful, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc" motives that you have been constantly impugning T2W with for years do actually have even some semblance of truth in them.

Jon, would you have a crack at this question? Not the one about trading successfully, but what you would personally view as fraud. I'm interested to find out where people stand on something like that. It seems to be a matter that could have quite far-reaching implications.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/t2w-announcements/154300-change-top-9.html#post1925270

Interesting that the discussion has taken this turn. I thought of predicting the possible demise of Barjon if things work out the way I (and obviously a few others) expect. But I think you'll jump rather than be pushed. I imagine it can be a strain at times.

Sure, fraud to me personally is when the product is demonstrable rubbish, wholly unfit for purpose and the "lie" being told amounts to false and misleading representations about the product beyond the fairly common marketing "fibs" that are an acceptable (to me) part and parcel of the advertising industry. Whether a court would agree with me or not would depend on the specific circumstances of each case.

It would be a pity if Barjon went. He made some great posts yesterday in the most unlikely of places.