Champion Trader

I purchased the 'champion trader e-book'
The system is based on 'candlestick concept'
I paper traded using the entry & exit strategy in system & found the results to be poor.
Was also frustrated by poor support, i had loads of questions but simply couldnt get the guy to come back to me.
All in i found it to be a complete waste of £95 and more importantly a waste of my time.

I had a look at the book as it has a money back guarantee, if you send back the notes of your paper trades and show a loss you can get your money back. Apparently, so i thought I'd give it a try.

I've paper traded it on a few stock, seems very basic but it does seem to work. It is way too expensive at £95 though, as its a small little booklet that tells you lots of stuff that you dont want to know and actually only spends about 6 pages explaining his 'amazing' formula.#

Also... its quite laughable really... It explains in detail when to enter, when to abort and where to put your stop loss but doesn't tell you where to take a profit! It tells you to 'search the web', and 'there are many good books on taking profit'... I've just spent 95 bloody pounds.. you f***ing tell me a method of when to take profits! :devilish:

I found in my paper trading that that is the problem, how do you know how long a short term rally will last, so you wait the first time, and then the correction happens. So next time you get a profit as soon as you see it, and the rally explodes. It also doesn't say anything about moving your stop loss to break even or trailing stops... I think it might have said: 'buy a book on stop loss', but I can't be sure.

If I were you I wouldn't bother buying it. Sneak a quid to one of the guys thats already read it and they'll tell you the formula in less than a minute :p

I too purchased the book sometime ago and it is simply a waste of money.

Save your £95 and buy yourself a nice meal.

Champion Trader Active

Hi there, i've already seen the previous thread on champion trader but I was wondering if anyone is actually using the CT version known as CTA which is for day trading.

I was considering buying it and I wanted to know if anyone else has given it a serious try and if they were successful with it or not.

Cheers,
Andrew

Andrew

I have read CTA, there is nothing there that is going to make you a trader, save your time and money

The problem with the champion trader 'strategy' is its too simplistic!

However if you chose the right stock, volatile but with nice flowing oscilations of price, its a tradable system. You've got to choose the stock carefully based on tradable chart patterns.

It does give good advice about trading with the trend the next time frame up but thats nothing that you wouldn't get elsewhere for less money. And the entry signal is based on the idea that if the price goes outside of yesterdays range its a sign of strength in the direction of the price movement. Valid enough thoughts.

The CTA 'formula' is actually very similar to 1-2-3 pattern: price trend, a pull back then a confirmation of trend continuation when it passes the point where the pullback occured. Only works on trending prices!

CT stop loss is too wide and the CTA stop loss is actually just plane wrong! In reading posts and strategies here and in other books, a trade should only be made if you think there is a good chance of making more profit than loss. His idea is to take a small movement and profit from it but keep the stop loss the same distance as the profit target. e.g.your target is 1.5p and your stop loss is 1.5p. A 1:1 relationship! Thats not so hot! Doesn't go into strategies of leting profits run and stopping loss immediately that the price goes against you!

But I actually think that it is something that could be a starting point for your own system design. Advice about this system would be: stay far away from it in choppy sideways movements in the next time frame up! Do not blindly trade it, but use other indicators to back it up! I reckon a better beginner strategy is www.truetrend.com, more complex but seems more likely to be a winner

pkfryer is right. Its a start to a system you develop yourself.

I have trade the basis of the CT formula profitably, but have really messed about with it through hours of Metastock testing.

Thanks for those replies.

I have the chapmion trader book myself but I was really curious about CTA and was on the verge of buying it.

I'll check that link out pk.

cheers

Andrew,

CTA is based on a 1-2-3 pattern. You only do day trades in the direction of the trend of the next time frame up. Its 'technique' is very simplistic but actually based on valid enough concepts. A new short term low is established and if the price breaks that low, you sell (or reverse for buy). The only problem with this is that it doesn't really tell you when to take profits properly and you'll have to tweak it .

paul

Champion trader

Monarch,

Dont bother with the rubbish from him, just buy all the applicable books and then you will be onto a winner, I bought his other 2 books and until you start to trade you dont know that he is teaching you absolutely nothing.

Regards

Vernon

I'm just a trader who hates getting stiffed by frauds.
I've seen his kind come & go for years.

Now we have the internet.

If you like the slippage his systems causes experienced traders then keep quiet, else raise hell and tell others to demand their money back. I did. I never had to track a trade much less send him anything. He never even asked for the bogus course book back.

Joe