CFD Trading Platform

ghrtrader

Hi

First post here, im looking for DMA CFD broker and have been looking at a company based in cyprus called COLMEX

Has anyone had any experience with them? or any other recommendations?

Would be good to hear what brokers people are using and why?

I currently have an account with IG Index

thanks

I'm demoing their platform this week.
I've never really traded stocks before and want to try out some ideas that i've bee looking in too - trading just 100 share lots which I guess is like the equivilent of 50p per tick or so.

Day 1:

Attachments

• moncolme.JPG
    moncolme.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 621
Hi

First post here, im looking for DMA CFD broker and have been looking at a company based in cyprus called COLMEX

thanks

To the best of my knowledge, Colmex is the only CFD broker that lets you trade on real market spreads. I have an account with them since 2008.

Hi

thanks
Never heard of them! Personally (and perhaps irrationally?!) I avoid brokers based outside of the UK. No idea about their regulator – what are they getting up to? Is your money safe? Not for me, trading is risky enough!

I use IG and Accendo Markets, including other brokers like FXCM are big, established, safe in my eyes.

DMA/ECNs are important to me – you know you’re dealing with the market rather than a broker taking the other side of the ‘bet’.

Never heard of them! Personally (and perhaps irrationally?!) I avoid brokers based outside of the UK. No idea about their regulator – what are they getting up to? Is your money safe? Not for me, trading is risky enough!

I use IG and Accendo Markets, including other brokers like FXCM are big, established, safe in my eyes.

DMA/ECNs are important to me – you know you’re dealing with the market rather than a broker taking the other side of the ‘bet’.

There are three good regulators: US, EU and UK. Colmex is EU regulated, therefore my money is EU insured. However, you should be worried about a different way you may lose your money: that is if you trade with a broker who "opens" spreads, just like ALL the brokers you mentioned above. This way, with or without regulation - your money is gone! I trade with Colmex because they are the only non US broker who let me trade real market spreads. I will be happy to hear about other brokers who do the same, but currently they are the only one i have found who doesn't open spreads.

There are three good regulators: US, EU and UK. Colmex is EU regulated, therefore my money is EU insured. However, you should be worried about a different way you may lose your money: that is if you trade with a broker who "opens" spreads, just like ALL the brokers you mentioned above. This way, with or without regulation - your money is gone! I trade with Colmex because they are the only non US broker who let me trade real market spreads. I will be happy to hear about other brokers who do the same, but currently they are the only one i have found who doesn't open spreads.

Could it be, that you are just spamming a cyprus broker of russian/hungarian origin with wordy and lenghty explanations of a regulation - which is of no use and without any compensation scheme for customers?

Caveat emptor!

Regards

Hi

thanks

Why not stick with IG - or upgrade to IB?

Regards

Ustrader

Could it be, that you are just spamming a cyprus broker of russian/hungarian origin with wordy and lenghty explanations of a regulation - which is of no use and without any compensation scheme for customers?

Caveat emptor!

Regards

I happen to know for a fact that USTRADER is actually Meir Barak himself, the founder of Tradenet and Colmex. This is not bad by itself, of course, but he clearly presents here as a regular retail customer of Colmex, and I find that highly deceptive. He is plugging his own business under the guise of a satisfied customer. You do the math.

I would be very careful about where you send your money. What happens if they dont honor the contracts you sign? What recourse would you have?

Caveat emptor, indeed!