CC's New Broker Account

Wicked Short for ya

I went short on GBPUSD at 1.49 , huge resistance above, cable looking overbought in the short term range

So far that short is netting you about 100 pips as I see the price is right now at 1.4842 - are you still in or did you close to take home some candy? I think it will head back for a retest of support zone and maybe a bit lower 1.36 - 1.40 if it does I will close this short and go long

:) if you haven't closed yet lock in a small stop to protect from losses should it swing back up before the big dump

Account Update - Few hits - some wins all in all a lot of fun :)

Here is the account update so far:

Took some hits and made some pips back only down 20 k at the moment - For now :)

GBP/NZD is doing well and so is GBP/AUD

GBP/USD short is shaping up and so is the CAD/JPY short

In other accounts I'm short on GBP/JPY @ 1.5046 and EUR/JPY @ 136.99 :)

Here is account snap shot

Cheers

Attachments

• Account Update Apr. 15 00.46.jpg
    Account Update Apr. 15 00.46.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 196
Anychance of an account summary for each month? Understand if you don't post it :), just it'd be nice to see what you withdrew etc etc.

Nice trading mate.

Yeah i know, just be nice to see how many pips a week you generated and what was the best week etc. Always interesting stuff :D.

Trades Listing Today - This morning

Alrighty here is the same trade list from last night with the exception of a new trade

Short GBP/CHF 200 pips stop above - (I'm probably going to lose that stop) :)

Down 3 k today from yesterday's sum

GBP/NZD is up 1000 + pips today
GBP/AUD is up 550+ pips today

I'm shorting GBP/USD & GBP/CHF - We'll see if the pound can climb out of the depths of it's monthly oversold condition

Cheers!

Attachments

• Trade List - Morning Apr. 15 08.19.jpg
    Trade List - Morning Apr. 15 08.19.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 147
So far that short is netting you about 100 pips as I see the price is right now at 1.4842 - are you still in or did you close to take home some candy? I think it will head back for a retest of support zone and maybe a bit lower 1.36 - 1.40 if it does I will close this short and go long

:) if you haven't closed yet lock in a small stop to protect from losses should it swing back up before the big dump

Was in positive 70 pips, moved s/l to break even in case it swings back, was thinking it heads lower to 1.47. Woke up this morning to see my s/l got hit, the thing swung back above where it's trading right now.

Made a mistake of not locking in 50 pips.

If it heads higher, i'd like to see it test the new support area before it shoots up. Or for short get below the support,test it again then head lower.

Are you in this short still?

I'm still in the shorts

Was in positive 70 pips, moved s/l to break even in case it swings back, was thinking it heads lower to 1.47. Woke up this morning to see my s/l got hit, the thing swung back above where it's trading right now.

Made a mistake of not locking in 50 pips.

If it heads higher, i'd like to see it test the new support area before it shoots up. Or for short get below the support,test it again then head lower.

Are you in this short still?

Yes i'm still in the shorts for now... my stop is 200 pips above if I lose the stop we will be moving to a new range and a new strategy will be needed - The Pound is MASSIVELY oversold and can move up 3000 or more pips with no problems

Cheers

Lock in your stop to prevent losses if you can - Be patient cuz the roll over will happen - just never know when and at what price

Cheers

Closed 10K worth of trades today GBP/NZD fell back about 200 pips from the 1000 earlier and took my stop out for good profits (800+) pips

Good work spotting the GBP/USD channel top! the main point of interest now is if it will break above resistance ( to me a break above is at least 200 pips above)

Jumped back in cable just now for quick 40pip short. Might ride it lower with the current Euro weakness but this time locking in my profits!

Would definitely be interested in buying if conditions look right at bottom of this short term channel, i can definitely see this thing move up to 1.60 just seeing how oversold it is on long term chart.

my USDCHF is up 160pips, got in at 1.1340, locked in 100pip profit just in case.

Last edited:
Trades Closed - some pips lost

Closed some trades today and had stops hit

EUR/CAD long @ 1.61... stop hit 200 pip loss - bit early on that one
GBP/USD Short @ 1.48966... profit stop +10 pips price swung below moved stop - price swung back up taking it out - Have gone short again at a higher price
GBP/CAD Long 1.79738 closed manually +180 pips
GBP/AUD Closed manually +500 pips
GBP/NZD closed manually + 850
GBP/CHF profit stop hit +10 pips

Here is the snap of new trades opened

Cheers

oh ya and EUR/GBP long closed -125 pips

Attachments

• Account Update Apr. 17 00.30.jpg
    Account Update Apr. 17 00.30.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 181
Nice! one USD/CHF

Jumped back in cable just now for quick 40pip short. Might ride it lower with the current Euro weakness but this time locking in my profits!

Would definitely be interested in buying if conditions look right at bottom of this short term channel, i can definitely see this thing move up to 1.60 just seeing how oversold it is on long term chart.

my USDCHF is up 160pips, got in at 1.1340, locked in 100pip profit just in case.

I'm still holding mine lets hope you don't lose that stop 60 pips isn't very far away and would be a shame if you got knocked out too early but as I see the price is now at 1.1562 you should be up about 200+ by now

Still holding that one? Are you trading mini lots or standard lots?

My stop on Cable got taken for no loss so I shorted again at a higher price 1.5036 stop again locks in 40 pips profit

Lock in those stops when you can to prevent loss

I'm still holding mine lets hope you don't lose that stop 60 pips isn't very far away and would be a shame if you got knocked out too early but as I see the price is now at 1.1562 you should be up about 200+ by now

Still holding that one? Are you trading mini lots or standard lots?

My stop on Cable got taken for no loss so I shorted again at a higher price 1.5036 stop again locks in 40 pips profit

Lock in those stops when you can to prevent loss

closed usdchf ahead of news for +220 pips.
im on mini lots. rookie.

nice re-entry on cable. i think its going to mess around 1.4781 level (fib), would like to see it lower @ around 1.4600 for a buy.

yeah,i'm definitely locking in my stops from now on, gotta protect the profits.

Thx!!

Open Trades

Here the snap shot of the open trades today

I may close a few of them and may close a few of the loser ones as well - In fact I may close them all to zero everything for Monday's trading. Will do my homework on COT and then decide

USD/CHF Long is up 400+ pips
GBP/USD Short is up 200+ pips
USD/CAD Long is up 100 or so
CAD/JPY Short is up 100 or so
uForex - Trading Signals
Happy pip hunting folks

Attachments

• Open Trade List Apr. 17 11.37.jpg
    Open Trade List Apr. 17 11.37.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 165
Open Trades list

Here is the open trades list for today!

All in all not to bad I closed a few and opened a few more yesterday

Happy pip hunting

GBP/CHF Short
GBP/USD Short
EUR/AUD Long
USD/CAD Long

18K in profits today - Still leaving USD/CHF open

Attachments

• Account Update Apr. 20 03.53.jpg
    Account Update Apr. 20 03.53.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 200
Nice scoop - lock in those profits when you can and prevent losses

There is likely to be a good bounce on the EUR/JPY and GBP/JPY so your longs will make a bit but be sure to lock in profits to protect from losses as I think the yen crosses are headed lower but.... on can NEVER be to sure in forex markets

Cheers
Glad you liked the site!!! Now go catch some more pips!

Nice EG long call.

im long EJ.

1 Lot = 200 pip risk

I dont' trade using formula's but I do use a few rules to temper my trades. I started this account with $5000 usd. It is a standard account when starting I risked 200 pips on a few trades. 200 pips on 5k is 30% or so, risky yes but it did pay off. Sticking to my rules of trading has demonstrated that one can take those risks if they are disciplined enough to wait for the best trade set up.
Right now with a gain of 55k in profits I still trade the same way 1 lot = 200 pips risked. I aim for a 2:1 ratio but generally pull 4:1 out of the market (or at least try to) this governs my trades

I guess generally it would probably work out to 2-10% of my equity on a trade

at 50k if I open a long and risk 200 pips that 2000$ risked which is about 3-5%

I don't use that as a rule of trading though. My rules of trading that governs all my trades is this

Line the range and trade within it - limit trades to the upper and lower extremes of these ranges / channels.

What percentage risk of your capital are your placing on individual trades?

Thanks