Can you maintain success?

My trading isn't brilliant so I am looking around for an automatic system. The EA makers are getting very close now to profitable systems.

My trading isn't brilliant so I am looking around for an automatic system. The EA makers are getting very close now to profitable systems.

Which raises an interesting question - what will happen to normal trading when such consistently profitable systems are invented?

No one in Forex Trading could maintain success, the only way to maintain success is to take less risk and avoid constant trading, which could also lead to earn less income, but the success would be maintained.

Brokers that carry their own trades won't accept a client who tries to use a consistently winning algorithm. Those that genuinely use the market may tiggy back the trades I guess.

I don't fully understand you. Why would such client be unacceptable for brokers? It's not like brokers exclusively trade the opposite of what their clients do. Or do you mean something else?

I don't fully understand you. Why would such client be unacceptable for brokers? It's not like brokers exclusively trade the opposite of what their clients do. Or do you mean something else?

I think I am right in saying some brokers use their own market and therefore make a loss when the client wins. They won't stay solvent very long if the client consistently wins big time.

Forex trading success not so easy and also not easy to maintain it. Because forex is a violate market and risky too. Single strategy do not work every time for us.

That's a good point. I rarely see people actually addressing this issue - that one size strategy doesn't always fit all market conditions so to speak. You can see people claiming "Oh, my strategy has 80% success rate" but under what market conditions does that happen? And what do they do the rest of the time? Do they use another strategy? Do they refrain from trading?

That's a good point. I rarely see people actually addressing this issue - that one size strategy doesn't always fit all market conditions so to speak. You can see people claiming "Oh, my strategy has 80% success rate" but under what market conditions does that happen? And what do they do the rest of the time? Do they use another strategy? Do they refrain from trading?

Excellent point. An 80% win rate for a couple of days just isn't too impressive when we know the whole picture.

I had a higher than 80% win rate for a couple of days this week and a 20% rate for the other 3 [emoji6]

No one in Forex Trading could maintain success, the only way to maintain success is to take less risk and avoid constant trading, which could also lead to earn less income, but the success would be maintained.

Depends how you define success? If you make more pips than you loose with correct risk management you're successful in my opinion.

To maintain success you must focus on risk and risk/reward only take trades with at least 1:2
risk:reward and take the risk off of the table as soon as its is possible and let the winners run. If you keep your risk under control you shouldn't worry about losing. Losing is going to happen. Every trader in the world is losing at some point. If your risk is under control it isn't a problem. Embrace and learn from them.

Yeah...! If we take our each trade seriously and make wise decision, we can maintain success. You could only maintain success, if you have proper knowledge and experience in order to maintain success.