Can you ask your spread betting firm to set your stop to trail a Moving Average line?

Gregpearce32

Hi i have a demo account with intertrader but cannot get the best out of my trades as my strategy relys on trailling the 27 day Moving Average line as my stop and as im not always at a computer would the firm do this for me over the phone?
I realise that as demo accounts are automated they may only do it on live accounts
Any advice would be great

In short, no.

If you use a SB with metatrader you could program this yourself, but SB's won't do bespoke stop algos for their customer.

FXCM.uk?

or if you could find something that works with prorealtime v.10 :sneaky:

Hi i have a demo account with intertrader but cannot get the best out of my trades as my strategy relys on trailling the 27 day Moving Average line as my stop and as im not always at a computer would the firm do this for me over the phone?
I realise that as demo accounts are automated they may only do it on live accounts

You must never ever trust your spread bet broker. He is a cnut who is only interested in you having losing trades.
:smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::cool::cool::cool:

You could set up alerts to let you know when the price breaks moving average and then telephone Intertrade's dealers to place the trade.

I have moved to alpari they have demo with metatrader 4 and also have a micro account starting with 10p spreads. Now just have to build an EA with 7&27 day sma crossover buy signal and 27 day sma trailing stop.
As always any advice would be great

I have moved to alpari they have demo with metatrader 4 and also have a micro account starting with 10p spreads. Now just have to build an EA with 7&27 day sma crossover buy signal and 27 day sma trailing stop.
As always any advice would be great

Yes my advice would be not to trade this - you won't make a profit.

Hi Greg,

You might be interested to know there is a moving average based stop order on FXCodecase. It can be used with the charts on Trading Station to automate your trailing stops. Let me know if you have any questions about this or other functions on the platform.

Welcome to the forum :)

Jason

I have 2 ea's in place at the moment
# 1 to enter me into a trade in a crossover of 7&27 sma
#2 a 27 sma trailing stop
but the final one i want to put into place is to automaticly get me back into the market if 7&27 smas are still in my favour after trailing stop hits a bar and closes a trade
Any help would be great cheers

FXCM.uk?

or if you could find something that works with prorealtime v.10 :sneaky:

I actually asked FXCM that same question. They called me the same day and told me that it was possible but it would cost about 700USD to pay a programmer of theirs to do it.

I actually asked FXCM that same question. They called me the same day and told me that it was possible but it would cost about 700USD to pay a programmer of theirs to do it.

try "forex strategy builder" and "forex strategy trader"

its free..