Can it really be part time

I trade full time just the way I am. I like it, and this is what I want to do with my life so not hobby with me few hours a day.

It's 18hrs/day.

Some might say, "That's lot of work!".

Not work, it's fun & satisfying. Like breathing.

It's what I do. Always looking at another market, another session.

I trade full time just the way I am. I like it, and this is what I want to do with my life so not hobby with me few hours a day.

It's 18hrs/day.

yep ........its a lifestyle choice P.... (y)

Hi Very useful insight and thanks or that. I have a couple of additional points to make.

I simply cannot or do not have the time to spend 4/5 hours a day trading or adjusting my decisions..I hope that makes more sense...I just don't know how to get to that point of having this kinda of strategy and I lack the confidence to feel I know that my entry/exit points are calculated and that I'm confident in my decisions.

I should point out I will continue to do the above learning, but the more i learn the more I move away from any kind of strategy.

sure understood ........all i can say is look for longer term plays and be patient....you are right to look for trigger prices .....good old Support and resistance is still a solid strategy as well .....good luck

N

The reason is simple, the more people/money are trading the same strategy, the less effective it will become and in the end will be arbitraged away, that's why you won't find any sane person, who will share his winning ideas with you..........

Just laughable.

It's 18hrs/day.

But I assume you do this full time. I work 37 hours a work for a guarantee'd static income my investments is just added income and nice to have's.

I guess everyone has their own strategy and your situation allows you to do it for 18 hours a day.

You could try asking around the forums but bearing in mind the traders that can probably won't be interested.
Ah don't get me wrong I didn't mean I want to turn that kinda profit and accept I may not turn any at all. All I was saying is there are too many people around stating they can turn a small amount into a huge amount then selling courses on it.

If you can turn £100 into 1 Million, why would you need to sell a £300 course etc..

I was only asking if there are any decent people to follow, but I found some.

Ok well from my experience its best not to mix the two approaches because it will lead to lack of focus i.e. the long term holdings will impact your decision making on the shorter term. And this doesn't have to mean day trading. Maybe better that it doesn't initially.

Keep your size small, focus on consistency. Forget the money gained and risks taken while trading funds. Its not your strategy.

I am waiting for my fund to turn a profit then i am out of them like a bat out of hell!

So, what are you looking for with trading?

I thought my original post answered that.

1 - Learn and understand technical and fundamental analysis as it interests me
2 - Look to add to my capital to gain more financial freedom
3 - have fun along the way
4 - ultimately develop a strategy that allows me to stick to with limited time during the week and utilising more time at the weekend. So I would assume a weekly chart and not Daily/Hourly

i'd like that too. spend few hrs over weekend pouring over hourly charts make some serious coin next week.

Hope someone can help both of us..

:D

can't make money part-time trader. end of conversation.

you want the dime, got to put the time.

:D

unless you are a rare prodigy, are you?

I am waiting for my fund to turn a profit then i am out of them like a bat out of hell!

you are still tempted by the blue pill then :D

red-pill.png

Last edited: