Can anyone recommend any books?

Anders_limpar

What books or even websites can people recommend to give me a good basic to intermidiate knowledge of trading? thanks

Indeed, you need to know what the steering wheel, gear box, pedals do, as well as rules of the road but a lot more is needed before you can be successful. No book will tell you that, otherwise everyone would simply follow it and who would take the other side of the trade?

Indeed, you need to know what the steering wheel, gear box, pedals do, as well as rules of the road but a lot more is needed before you can be successful. No book will tell you that, otherwise everyone would simply follow it and who would take the other side of the trade?

Trader_Dante ?????

I don't trade FX, except very occasionally, but there are others like Newtron Bomb whose posts are well worth reading. What I do is in my signature and is quite different. Have a look through the FAQ section of this site for some general background to trading.
Richard

What books or even websites can people recommend to give me a good basic to intermidiate knowledge of trading? thanks

Trade your way to financial freedom by Van Tharp.

Evidence based Technical Analysis by David Aaronson

The only half decent trading website out there in the public domain at least is:

www.trading-naked.com

Avoid forums at all costs.

Then what will help me be profitable?

Surely gaining a firm knowledge of all the in's and outs of trading, before finally taking the plunge into it can't be a bad thing?

All you need is common sense, support/resistance and lots of experience

daCharts has a lot of information.

Screen time working with charts and drawing on them and marking them up is a great teacher.

The traders that make it have spent untold numbers of hours studying charts.... that is where the real action is.

Joe ross's books are excellent. Technical analysis without many indicators, relies on 1-2-3 formation, ledges, ranges and ross hooks.
Search for them on google / torrents, easily available