Cambridge Region Social

rossored

Hi all.

I've been thinking about organising a social/informal meet-up in the Cambridge area.

If you'd be interested in attending, please reply to this thread or PM me, and I'll organise something - probably a pub or similar in either central cambridge, or just outside - probably M11 direction - if that's easier for those of you outside the city of immortal cyclists. :)

Provisional date and time: Sunday June 26, 7pm-9pm.

Yes, I'll come along if we can get a few people together. How about "The Hat and Feathers" or "The Red Bull" both on the Barton Road (A603 I think) as a compromise - close to M11 and cyclable easily from City Centre.

Gareth

Either of those sounds fine, Gareth.

Hopefully a few more people will respond before then.. :)

I think one of the main pubs on the A603 might be easier to find for some people, if thats OK with everyone - I haven't been in the Red Bull for quite some time and it was pretty smoky last time (newly reformed smoker speaking) - so how about the Hat and Feathers?

Count me in just name the day
Looking to exchange views with other traders
Thanks danny :confused:

Provisional date and time: Sunday June 26, 7pm-9pm.

At this point in time, probably at the Hat and Feathers Pub on the A603 out of Cambridge, easily accessible from the M11/A14 unless anyone has any serious objections or a better location. Quiet pub, not huge but probably quite well suited. See review below.

Pub Review

Map here

How will we know each other? Maybe by sporting conspicuous wealth from brilliant trading? Although I hear the really rich try to look unkempt and scruffy. That'll suit me. Now to get really rich...

Well there's a picture of me on my profile - but I'm not planning on turning up with a red rose in my lapel and a copy of the telegraph under my arm.

I shouldn't think the place will be packed -shouldn't be too hard to figure out ;)

For those of you who are planning to show, I'll aim to be there just before 7pm, and I'll probably take along a piece of A4 or similar and write "T2W" on it and stick it on the table. Either that, or use my ugly mug (see profile) to identify me (i'm the one on the right :))

Yes I'd like to attend with my girlfriend Christine and hopefully contribute some positive ideas.

Sorry we can't attend now, I have to travel up to Aberdeen on Sunday...I'le keep an eye on the posts for the next social though.

The trip offshore was cancelled, so I shall look forward to joining you all at the
Hat & Feather's tomorrow at 1900hrs

Paul

Thanks rossored for arranging the meet-up last night, and to everybody who attended - a very interesting mix of trading approaches, and comments on magazines, books and web sites.

Just clicked on one of your advertisers and found a site that rates trading systems - so you can view incredible performance charts of winners; and a phenomenal drop on "worst of the week".

If an ad that starts with something like "4,928 trading systems" appears on your screen, click on it to give T2W credit for bringing the advert to you, otherwise

http://www.collective2.com/cgi-perl/session.mpl?s=14939078306043624187785113485

Ciao

Any traders still left in the cambridge area? Would be good to meet up and chat to fellow traders over a pint.