Buying a vehicle

adrianallen99

Established member
630 4
I was looking at buying a minibus to be able to transport my son in his wheelchair. Found a few good ones, but no one seems to give any kind of warranty with their vans. So basically if it goes wrong they say I dont have much come back (okay they say it won't, but heard that before).

Personally warranty or no warranty, I believe there is some come back under the sales of goods act. Had a problem before with a car - Engine siezed after 6 weeks and AA said problem had been developing for a while and because it was sold with the problem and failed to do as it was supposed to I had come back. So I threatened the garage with legal action and gave them 7 days to respond. Sixth day, the MD called and asked me to come and choose another car.

Does anyone know with a van/minibus, weather I have any comeback on it if there is a major problem? It wont be on finance (I know that would give me some rights).

Mayfly

Established member
514 28
Adrian,

I don’t really know anything about this, but shouldn’t your son be entitled to Disability Living Allowance and/or be eligible for the Motability Scheme, if he’s “bound” to a wheelchair?

Why don’t you check this out: http://www.lookers.co.uk/motability/index.asp - it could be worth your while? I hope this is useful to you and I wish you luck with it.

Cheers

Mayfly

JonnyT

2,560 22
The sale of goods act will give you some comeback if you buy from a Company as the goods have to be fit for purpose. However this is Wooly.

There are other options:

1) Get the vehicle inspected by the RAC/AA prior to purchase
2) Take out an independant warranty. They usually just require the car/van to be serviced by a VAT registered Garage at the service interval.

JonnyT

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock