Buy Crude @ 51.00

Hook Shot said:
This probably means less than nothing .... but Crude has made new swing highs 6 days running..
With March Brent quoted at 5848 that's only about 64pips above Monday's lows...

A test of Monday's highs would be nice ........... As if ?

We got that test of Monday's high - didn't think it was gonna happen but Monday turned out to be abc off the high so .............
New swing highs took the run to SEVEN and again sold off the usual $1 ...
How many days can it keep going higher without a decent pullback ??
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laptop1 - you are The Boss.... I would never challenge anything you say...
If you're right about $60 tonight there's a bundle of cash to be made on the rally.... :D

Third day in a row it has failed to take out 60,00. I went flat at 58.90.on the failer of 60 today. I will stay out until we trade through 59.50 again.....

In the meantime, If we take out 57.00 it should go to 55.00 If that's the case , I will buy at 55.00.If not, I will go back long at 59.50. Well that's my plan

Not a bad run from long 51.10. :D

Well early than expected, I have gone back in to the market today at 59.50. Maybe today we will close above 60 time will tell...my long term target is still on at 65.00

60.25 is 61.8 fib which is what everybody was watching today. Had a good go at taking it out in the evening but failed towards the close. Nt a great close and lot of the market has no clear idea where the volume buying is coming from. Gotta go with the flow, I cut my longs to 1/3rd this evening. Lets see if we can push through on monday. It is imortant we do or the setback could be pretty severe.

TWI said:
60.25 is 61.8 fib which is what everybody was watching today. Had a good go at taking it out in the evening but failed towards the close. Nt a great close and lot of the market has no clear idea where the volume buying is coming from. Gotta go with the flow, I cut my longs to 1/3rd this evening. Lets see if we can push through on monday. It is imortant we do or the setback could be pretty severe.

Bang On the Money TWI........

Laptop1 - We're waiting for your next big call .... :cheesy:
Only joking :LOL: :LOL:

I waited a few days for a close above 60, didn't happen. I got out of my long at 58.90 for the second time... We have now broke 57. we should see 55 as the next support, that's where I be buying.

I am flat I manage 7 points on the move up from long 51.10

Next trade buy at 55 if we get there, or buy at 57.30. orders in

laptop1 said:
I waited a few days for a close above 60, didn't happen. I got out of my long at 58.90 for the second time... We have now broke 57. we should see 55 as the next support, that's where I be buying.

I am flat I manage 7 points on the move up from long 51.10

Next trade buy at 55 if we get there, or buy at 57.30. orders in

Don't mind me laptop .........you're still The Daddy
I'm just jealous........ :p

still think its got to test the 40s level (45 would suit me nice), well see...im selling again tomorow or wednesday after the news...tp march expiration....

call me romantic but crude is done
new lows are in order. if and i mean if, it was going to pop to solidify this move it will need to test 53-54 on the continues and then make a move up to test the 63.75 high but as i see it, it should not and we should trickle down according to my road map on the other thread

My Target was hit at 65.00.....from a long at 51.00....However I got out avr price 62.20

New Target is in....70.00...I be buying any dips in crude..If you look from my first post on here, I said expect to go to war within the next few months. with the capture of our troupes. we could be getting closer

Buy crude at $74.00?

If you want to make some money over the next few months start position yourself and buy Crude Oil, Its trading at around 51,00 at the moment. You may ask why do I think this. One reason only. Somthing is brewing in the Middle East Increased US military activity in the Gulf Currently there is a group of up to four submarines in the Persian Gulf area. So far they only control navigation. They might receive different orders in the near future and with the 20,000 soldiers being sent out, don't tell me they are going to keep peace in Iraq they are getting ready for the next war.

Looks like Iran is next on the list. they should go in before Blair finish term. I would say in the next 3 months you will see some action.

So start the buying campaign at 51.00 you have been warned

Laptop, good man. Your call is up 50%. Does this chart look like a buy to you at $74.00 IF price respects the trendline AND if MACD Histogram ticks up (perhaps confirmed by bullish CCI)?

I'm thinking initially a 200 point stoploss on a good entry. That risk makes me nervous, but I am wishing to hold this as a SpreadBet until futures expiry, where I would look to roll over. Stop to BE at +200.

Comments appreciated.

Also, if any regular Brent or NYMEX Crude traders could advise on the characteristics of price action after the EIA Petroleum Status Report every Wednesday. From my backtesting (and I'm limited to 3 week IT-Finance charts) I see a directional move of around $0.60 and then usual price action. Could someone comment on extensions of a move, whipsaw %'s,etc when trading this news. I'd like to trade a continuation with a spreadbet account, looking to enter in the direction of the move a few seconds after it comes out.

Attachments

• crude.png
    crude.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 246
I don't think they will go into Iran, but I think the US/Israel will attack Irans nuclear facilities within 1 year.

Given that the US have also sent another Carrier battlegroup to the Gulf they are certainly putting pressure on Iran to comply with there wishes.........or else.

I think the troups going to Iraq are purely defensive against any possible Irani aggression following such an attack

JonnyT

Oil trading scares me in that it is a true insiders market. Yes, FA and TA can be applied, and I am sure there are several very successful "non pro" oilmen on this thread, but the news scares me. Large firms with oil interests have intelligence networks· They can buy crude futures 30m before Reuters gets hold of the Nigerian hostage taking. Why would I ever want to risk trading against them?

In honour of The Laptop

Laptop1 ...... Sir... where to from here .........?

I still believe that call must be the best on T2w this year....at least the best that I've seen. Very bold but absolutely spot on...

humble subject :cheesy:

If you want to make some money over the next few months start position yourself and buy Crude Oil, Its trading at around 51,00 at the moment. You may ask why do I think this. One reason only. Somthing is brewing in the Middle East Increased US military activity in the Gulf Currently there is a group of up to four submarines in the Persian Gulf area. So far they only control navigation. They might receive different orders in the near future and with the 20,000 soldiers being sent out, don't tell me they are going to keep peace in Iraq they are getting ready for the next war.

Looks like Iran is next on the list. they should go in before Blair finish term. I would say in the next 3 months you will see some action.

So start the buying campaign at 51.00 you have been warned

Laptop, every time someone posts on this thread, I check in, read the above post, and stare in amazement at the date. 50% growth in 9 months! That truly is the best call of the year! Consider that even in a bucket shop that would have made almost £3k at £1pp with a deposit of £500!

Success stories? Did anyone buy £1pp in a bucket shop and forget about it? Who went to the IPE and bought 10 lots? Did anyone get in later, but enough to make a profit, for example $60 or $70? Where did everyone get out?

On a more interesting point, and I'm going to start a seperate thread on this, but how about we get our heads together and come up with other interesting ideas. I have a plan. I am quite dissatisfied with the level of interest the banks pay given the inflationary problem. I plan to take a few thousand, and stick it in a new bucket shop. Then, I intend to look to take a few £1pp positions in forex and commodities, with clearly defined targets and reasonably wide stops, and hold these positions for several months, perhaps years. As we are doing futures rollover at the moment, I'm thinking of taking positions in far quarters quite soon (not even thinking about paying overnight financing on positions). I wish to diversify and keep the risk low, but the plan is to outperform the risk free rate by a small margin while only dealing once or twice per instrument per year. Would anyone else be interested in this as an investment strategy, and if so should we have a thread?

Naturally, these positions would need to be taken in the direction of the primary trend, with wide stops and a pretty clear entry point. For example, the buy crude at 51.00 could have had a safe enough stop three or four hundred pips away, yet would have returned 3000 pips over the year. I'm quite dissatisfied with the performance of this (which I picked up for 100p/share in June) and am considering if I could do better myself. Thoughts?

Laptop, every time someone posts on this thread, I check in, read the above post, and stare in amazement at the date. 50% growth in 9 months! That truly is the best call of the year! Consider that even in a bucket shop that would have made almost £3k at £1pp with a deposit of £500!

Success stories? Did anyone buy £1pp in a bucket shop and forget about it? Who went to the IPE and bought 10 lots? Did anyone get in later, but enough to make a profit, for example $60 or $70? Where did everyone get out?

On a more interesting point, and I'm going to start a seperate thread on this, but how about we get our heads together and come up with other interesting ideas. I have a plan. I am quite dissatisfied with the level of interest the banks pay given the inflationary problem. I plan to take a few thousand, and stick it in a new bucket shop. Then, I intend to look to take a few £1pp positions in forex and commodities, with clearly defined targets and reasonably wide stops, and hold these positions for several months, perhaps years. As we are doing futures rollover at the moment, I'm thinking of taking positions in far quarters quite soon (not even thinking about paying overnight financing on positions). I wish to diversify and keep the risk low, but the plan is to outperform the risk free rate by a small margin while only dealing once or twice per instrument per year. Would anyone else be interested in this as an investment strategy, and if so should we have a thread?

Naturally, these positions would need to be taken in the direction of the primary trend, with wide stops and a pretty clear entry point. For example, the buy crude at 51.00 could have had a safe enough stop three or four hundred pips away, yet would have returned 3000 pips over the year. I'm quite dissatisfied with the performance of this (which I picked up for 100p/share in June) and am considering if I could do better myself. Thoughts?

Great idea..I am doing it on RobCoffee..

Have always got in the way by tinkering on Gold , Oil, GBP/USD... and missed large part of the move...discipline....drawdown etc...

This is already the call of the year, but I want to see crude at $102.00 before the end of the year, just so we can say that Laptop1 advised us to buy crude before it doubled!

oil07112007.gif

My plan with oil is shorting for now....

100$ not now.... little breath

edit: sry gif is too big :/
BTW this is BRENT OIL