Best Thread Bund Bobl and Schatz Thread

Most definately a lot of prop traders including myself have switched trading styles, I started off a few years back as a spread trader , shatz/Euribor and Bund /Bobl,
Ive gone outright now with more success in the Bobl but a lot have gone into the Eurostoxx I know

How did you change your strategies, what was most difficult to adapt etc? I've done the same, most equity index futures now though. It's a different game but I guess Bobl outright might still be the same ball park at least, compared to say Dax outright. Are you "still" playing for a tick? Mean reversion? Go with the trend? Do you look at the spreads at all?

How did you change your strategies, what was most difficult to adapt etc? I've done the same, most equity index futures now though. It's a different game but I guess Bobl outright might still be the same ball park at least, compared to say Dax outright. Are you "still" playing for a tick? Mean reversion? Go with the trend? Do you look at the spreads at all?

Iam not a 1 tick merchant anymore, I tend to go with the trend much more and try for 3-4 ticks rather than trade the price action for a tick....too many incorrect signals, equally I will stop myself out at 3-4 ticks, probably overall trading less frequently and more technically

Iam not a 1 tick merchant anymore, I tend to go with the trend much more and try for 3-4 ticks rather than trade the price action for a tick....too many incorrect signals, equally I will stop myself out at 3-4 ticks, probably overall trading less frequently and more technically

Thanks for your reply mate. What system do you use, and what kind of transaction costs do you have?

Thanks for your reply mate. What system do you use, and what kind of transaction costs do you have?

No probz, mostly follow the trend using 5,10,15 min charts, I sometimes trade the breakout on 15 minute charts but only once its broken the trend then squeezed back up to the trend line as it usually does before it carries on with the breakout, I used to be with an Arcade now Ive gone to a firm in the UK who do both retail and prop, heres their link if you wanna have a look http://www.fairvaluefutures.com/

No probz, mostly follow the trend using 5,10,15 min charts, I sometimes trade the breakout on 15 minute charts but only once its broken the trend then squeezed back up to the trend line as it usually does before it carries on with the breakout, I used to be with an Arcade now Ive gone to a firm in the UK who do both retail and prop, heres their link if you wanna have a look http://www.fairvaluefutures.com/

Thanks, interesting. What platform do you use? Anyone tried the CQG autospreader? Supposed to be really quick..

iirc it's co-located somehow, which is why

Yeah so I heard... but is it quick enough? STS, TT and the like have no chance against whatever it is that's so quick on eurex nowadays... Impossible to trade say the bund bobl schatz fly with one of those autospreaders.

nice run up on the bund for obvious reasons, but thinking it a little over done, shorted at 130.12. will hold into next week.

many of these moves seems like people are piling into EUR flatterners and combined with august markets we're getting strange dislocations.

Hi,

Those that are trading at the moment. Is there more optunity in Long End Spreads, i.e Bund Bobl, Bund Shatz etc or is there more opotunties in the STIRS either as spreads or outrights. I know many on here actually trade the Bors as outrights rather than spread, but always understood it to be a spreaders market. Suppose you can trade the outright and leg it into a spread if required.

nice run up on the bund for obvious reasons, but thinking it a little over done, shorted at 130.12. will hold into next week.

Consolidating just off highs from Fridays close at present, ideally would have waited for a move down to the pivot but taking 1/2 off here at 130 for +.12, move stop to b/e, then if hit will short if it gets up to 130.25 today

Question for Schatz traders really. Why trade the schatz at 5 euro per half tick when you can trade the Bor at 12.5 per half tick.

Question for Schatz traders really. Why trade the schatz at 5 euro per half tick when you can trade the Bor at 12.5 per half tick.

whatever takes your fancy, you may need to trade the shatz to hedge your bor outright

That was a pretty active day today. Trades taken for around 10pts each.

Attachments

• SP32-20101111-171238.gif
    SP32-20101111-171238.gif
    29.6 KB · Views: 599