Bull Call Spread vs Bull Put Spread

CostaKapo

164 12
When it comes down to it what decisions do you make when it comes to doing a Bull Put Spread over a Bull Call Spread?

Reactions: lexcorp

CostaKapo

164 12
Typically for me it depends on how strong I feel about the move. For equivalent positions, the Call spread will have a higher max profit and more favorable potential max loss, but the Put spread will have a higher breakeven level. Ergo more upward movement in the underlying is needed.

lloydbee

275 17
When it comes down to it what decisions do you make when it comes to doing a Bull Put Spread over a Bull Call Spread?

for me it's simple, I want someone else to pay me to trade... I'm happy to take their money and I would save the BCspread for 'if' it doesn't quite work out my way.

CostaKapo

164 12
for me it's simple, I want someone else to pay me to trade... I'm happy to take their money and I would save the BCspread for 'if' it doesn't quite work out my way.

Thanks Lloyd, I figured you would reply. The options forum gets no love!:cry:

Reactions: lloydbee

Martinghoul

2,690 276
There is no right answer. It depends on what sort of put spread vs what sort of call spread.

lloydbee

275 17
The options forum gets no love!:cry:

do option traders ever?
Over at the Optionetics forum it's like I am the only one that posts... :devilish:
Here I feel I post too much... (n)
A 26 membered Facebook group page and I am the only one that posts... :sleep:

Verticals... :love::love::love: them, SOLD

ACstudio

138 14
For me it depends on the Implied Volatility rank. If it's low like below 30 I'll consider the bull/call for debit if I just have to do something. But if volatility is above 50 your much better off doing bull/put for credit as volatility contraction pays better and more reliably than volatility expansion.
But I prefer the credit spread every time over the debit spread but only if volatility allows.

Last edited:

ACstudio

138 14
do option traders ever?
Over at the Optionetics forum it's like I am the only one that posts... :devilish:
Here I feel I post too much... (n)
A 26 membered Facebook group page and I am the only one that posts... :sleep:

Verticals... :love::love::love: them, SOLD

No wonder....registration is closed by admin.
What's the facebook page?

CostaKapo

164 12
For me it depends on the Implied Volatility rank. If it's low like below 30 I'll consider the bull/call for debit if I just have to do something. But if volatility is above 50 your much better off doing bull/put for credit as volatility contraction pays better and more reliably than volatility expansion.
But I prefer the credit spread every time over the debit spread but only if volatility allows.

(y)

lloydbee

275 17
No wonder....registration is closed by admin.
What's the facebook page?

RE: Optionetics
I didn't know it was closed by admin, is that also apply to new people signing up to their junk course?

RE: Facebook
Just a group page for those that option trade, I sometimes post my trades, risk graphs and the odd chart.

Lloyd

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock