Bull Call Spread vs Bull Put Spread

CostaKapo

When it comes down to it what decisions do you make when it comes to doing a Bull Put Spread over a Bull Call Spread?

Typically for me it depends on how strong I feel about the move. For equivalent positions, the Call spread will have a higher max profit and more favorable potential max loss, but the Put spread will have a higher breakeven level. Ergo more upward movement in the underlying is needed.

When it comes down to it what decisions do you make when it comes to doing a Bull Put Spread over a Bull Call Spread?

for me it's simple, I want someone else to pay me to trade... I'm happy to take their money and I would save the BCspread for 'if' it doesn't quite work out my way.

for me it's simple, I want someone else to pay me to trade... I'm happy to take their money and I would save the BCspread for 'if' it doesn't quite work out my way.

Thanks Lloyd, I figured you would reply. The options forum gets no love!:cry:

There is no right answer. It depends on what sort of put spread vs what sort of call spread.

The options forum gets no love!:cry:

do option traders ever?
Over at the Optionetics forum it's like I am the only one that posts... :devilish:
Here I feel I post too much... (n)
A 26 membered Facebook group page and I am the only one that posts... :sleep:

Verticals... :love::love::love: them, SOLD

For me it depends on the Implied Volatility rank. If it's low like below 30 I'll consider the bull/call for debit if I just have to do something. But if volatility is above 50 your much better off doing bull/put for credit as volatility contraction pays better and more reliably than volatility expansion.
But I prefer the credit spread every time over the debit spread but only if volatility allows.

Last edited:
do option traders ever?
Over at the Optionetics forum it's like I am the only one that posts... :devilish:
Here I feel I post too much... (n)
A 26 membered Facebook group page and I am the only one that posts... :sleep:

Verticals... :love::love::love: them, SOLD

No wonder....registration is closed by admin.
What's the facebook page?

For me it depends on the Implied Volatility rank. If it's low like below 30 I'll consider the bull/call for debit if I just have to do something. But if volatility is above 50 your much better off doing bull/put for credit as volatility contraction pays better and more reliably than volatility expansion.
But I prefer the credit spread every time over the debit spread but only if volatility allows.

(y)

No wonder....registration is closed by admin.
What's the facebook page?

RE: Optionetics
I didn't know it was closed by admin, is that also apply to new people signing up to their junk course?

RE: Facebook
Just a group page for those that option trade, I sometimes post my trades, risk graphs and the odd chart.

Lloyd